The Indoor Riding/ Zwift/ TrainerRoad etc. Thread

Soldato
I've cancelled membership for now until this gets fixed, if it ever does. The people at zwift are very friendly, email response is quick but ultimately they have no timescale for fixing it and seeing "ride on" at the end of each email is taking the **** :p
Totally understandable, hope they get to the bottom of it quickly although that's a week at least already?! :(

Not normally a UK problem however with the recent warm weather.

Condensation!
The temperature in your shed changes that quickly? Have never noticed it in my garage, but no insulation (flat roof) and no windows so the temperature doesn't change too much there over ambient. Also it's that humid in there? Something causing that amount of moisture?

Soldato
Leg tune up tonight ahead of racing on Saturday, zwift racing on the TT bike.

270w for 45 mins is OK, tried to stay on the aero bars as much as possible and for as long as possible.

My arms and shoulders will pack in before my legs I think, they feel sore now, sitting & eating for 3 months doesn’t really work your core!

The surges above FTP hurt the most, very hard to dig in and just drill it at 400-450w like on the road bike, trying this in the aero position which is what you need to hold the gear and keep cadence up sometimes is killer.

Soldato
My arms and shoulders will pack in before my legs I think, they feel sore now, sitting & eating for 3 months doesn’t really work your core!
Brutal! Good work and numbers though mate, bodes well! Goodluck for the TT!

I don't find the aerobar position that bad, but have only ever used it on the turbo and probably for no more than 10-15 mins. Will regularly drop down to it when spinning out/easing up after stood effort/tempoing. I do find my cadence drops and I tend to start pushing the gear (bouncing myself on the saddle more) when down there though.

I bounce far too much on the saddle outside, far less on the turbo, but the dropped position seems to bring it back. Grr! Need some more serious sweetspot/core work at a guess!?

No idea what changed but it's reconnected :)

Awesome - guess that means they fixed something their side! :D

Soldato
Maybe from the update they patched it?
They released "drops" in past 24 hours so the update to include that will have had more than just that functionality in it I am sure.

Soldato
Urgh.

Did a 3R London flat race. Did not feel amazing at all, crap power and felt crap. Out the saddle not great either.

Feel like I’ve pulled a muscle in the back of my upper leg now, over stretched it or something....

HR wasn’t too bad but....!

Soldato
Drops?

How's this for a winning sprint finish - Bibby in Kiss round 6. Nice joint KOM in there too!

Seems like a day yesterday for the sprinters, one of the 3R sprinters getting a couple of KOM's in the DBR race series.
Drop - check out the new Drop Shop. You can use ‘drops’ to get new virtual frames and wheels. I have 1.5million drops to spend. Read about it here : https://zwiftinsider.com/drop-shop-release/
I watched Bibby in the eChampionship qualifier, the final sprint averaged 1000 watts for 15 seconds.

Soldato
Did a 3R London flat race. Did not feel amazing at all, crap power and felt crap. Out the saddle not great either.
Still miles in the bank, or you think you're coming down with something?

I've been struggling the last week or so, we've all had some virus kinda thing as well as flu like symptoms. Has lasted the best part of a week already and although the worst is over for me and the little man (only really hit us a day or two), my other half is still knocked for six by it and has been for a week. Just utterly run down.

https://www.strava.com/activities/2182541367
Got myself back on for a session last night, a good tough interval workout from Xert I've done before. Has several ramp ups and ramp downs. Hardness rating of 4 which equates to around 80 TSS for an hour. I blew myself up on the second of the long ramp downs (3 minutes at 340W down to 270W). The shorter and harder I could hit as sprints (30s @ 400W). The 2 shorter (2 min) ramp downs after the sprints I was able to hold but only by standing to keep the power up. Just legs feeling utterly empty! :)

Drop - check out the new Drop Shop. You can use ‘drops’ to get new virtual frames and wheels. I have 1.5million drops to spend. Read about it here : https://zwiftinsider.com/drop-shop-release/
Figured them out a little last night. They're just an 'in game currency' type thing. Had 1,577,000 last night (took a screenshot) when starting so similar amount to you? Rolled them over 1,600,000 before I finished my session. Feels like they're somehow linked to cadence? Whenever I eased up/freewheeled the rolling count eased up and almost stopped.

Soldato
Figured them out a little last night. They're just an 'in game currency' type thing. Had 1,577,000 last night (took a screenshot) when starting so similar amount to you? Rolled them over 1,600,000 before I finished my session. Feels like they're somehow linked to cadence? Whenever I eased up/freewheeled the rolling count eased up and almost stopped.
Ok drops are 'drops of sweat' in theory linked in game to calories you've burnt. Riding up inclines boosts their generation - also explains why my freewheeling/easy pedalling stopped/slowed them. You also get a boost to them when receiving a Ride On for 15s.

So ride up steep inclines getting Ride On's! Sweating! :D

Soldato
What difference a week makes. Got those good sensations, even more after 3 days on the trot.

Two volcano climbs, 317 & 309w. Bit down from 325w x2 the other week but that was when I was fresh.

Soldato
What difference a week makes. Got those good sensations, even more after 3 days on the trot.

Two volcano climbs, 317 & 309w. Bit down from 325w x2 the other week but that was when I was fresh.
Still some good consistency, what's that? Something like less than 5% variation or something when 'less fresh'?! Good :D

Holy moly last night I tried another for a laugh.
Do you think you're pushing too hard when you throw up a little bit in your mouth!?

Managed 21st overall though.......had nothing left after the last attack

https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=162655
Yup, defo pushing hard enough then lol! Good numbers and result mate, considering you're fairly new to racing that looks a tough race to be in! Several big names in there as that's one of the newer series/leagues there'll be lots of team riders and very astute tactical riders. You'll learn a lot riding this kind of stuff!

Bradberg doing a monster effort to win that one - 1 minute at 10w/kg+ (900W avg) is crazy numbers from the wattsmachine! Check that build ramp and then just sustained 1200 wattbombage! Wow! :o

Tea Drinker
Don
Tough one today, couldn't keep up with the cadence, tacx and a crux, 100 rpm seemed crazy pedal speed. I think I'm a bit dumbfounded with the way you are meant to use the gearing. How does it know your cadence when you can change gear :)

xsIN1J7.jpg

Man of Honour
First time back on Zwift in a fortnight since medical leave... and I remember why I take a t-shirt down with me! Only 14 minutes (just to spin things back up), so hopefully longer tomorrow!

Associate
Tough one today, couldn't keep up with the cadence, tacx and a crux, 100 rpm seemed crazy pedal speed. I think I'm a bit dumbfounded with the way you are meant to use the gearing. How does it know your cadence when you can change gear xsIN1J7.jpg
On a workout erg is meant to be on and no gear changing necessary surely?

Man of Honour
Urgh... FTP Ramp test on Zwift is actually quite horrid.

However, new estimated FTP is good: next training block, here we come!

I must say it is really useful having Zwift for training, because it really forces a discipline that would be quite hard to manage, otherwise. I am sure other training apps do something similar, but the avatar is also quite useful as a focus point!

Back
Top Bottom