The Intel Quadcore Database

Man of Honour
After waiting for eternity for the other thread in the cpu section to get a database going I thought I'd have a go at making one myself.

You must include :

CPU
Revison
FPO#
Clockspeed
Vcore (under load in windows)
Vid (core temp)
Motherboard
Cooling
Thermal paste used
CPU Temp

Your CPU MUST be 8+hours stable for entry to be made.
Also include a screenshot showing :
P95 25.2 or above fully loaded on all 4 cores(running small fft's) (ensure to show the time started in the first box).
CPU-z 1.41
Coretemp or everest for temp validation

If your post dosn't include the above then it won't be entered

Please no arguments regarding whats stable and what isn't - I'll make a suicide/PI thread later for those who hate prime. 8 Hours is widely accepted as an indication of a stable cpu - if you don't agree don't bother posting

Do not QUOTE others screenshots as this makes sifting through the posts a nightmare.

I'll try and update at the least every 48 hours or as and when required but please understand I have a life too;)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
45nm Yorkfield Core

45nm1.jpg

65nm Kentsfield Core

65nm1-2.jpg

65nm2.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
well thought I would update you on the vcore graphs which now include all Q6600 8 Hour+ Primestable overclocks here and at XS on Air and Water... Clocks that I know are duplicates I have removed

So first graph shows the actual windows load vcore require for the clock (Blue Line) and then an adjustment based on the VID of the CPU.. (Orange Line) i.e. the amount that the average VID CPU requires of the clock.. The average VID is currently: 1.25769

Vcore.jpg

Karl this next one is what I think you were asking for... its showing the extra vcore required over the VID to reach the clock

vcToVID.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
If nothing else it will help folk grasp an indication of what there stepping is capable of instead of the countless 'how far will my cpu clock' threads. That is, aslong as we get enough entries.

Man of Honour
OP
Discussion is fine here m8, we are here to help each other afterall and it aint a problem now we have a database so clutter all you like:D. It isn't a 1 time entry thing either, I'll update any entries upon request ;)

Man of Honour
OP
The clockspeed attained for your vcore and board is exceptional - would love to see whats its capable of in a more suitable board.

Man of Honour
OP
Guys,

Nice idea with the database currently running my stress tests so hopefully will be ok runing 3.4 with a q6600.

Just an idea as you have now stated the database could you add fields like what settings was used so that ppl with similar cpu and board know what to set to achieve similar results ?

Nice work guys :)

PS. I am currently using 1.47v for cpu in bios and fsb at 380 * 9 now i think i could push voltage to say 1.55v and fsb to 400 giving me 3.6ghz but my temp may reach 75c as currently its averaging 65-70 for 3.4 during my stress testing.

So can I push it a little further to get 3.6 and use 1.55v with temps around 75c?? I am on air cooling using a zalaman 9500

As I dont know what is the max temp to go without damaging anything.

Its difficult to collate all that info as each motherboard has different settings. One thing that is common and usually has the most bearing is the Vcore (included). I guess I could put NB voltage too if folk want to add that.

Man of Honour
OP
w3bbo, you going to add me to the database ? i have submitted screenshots of my test and results :)

I have added you now - as stated don't expect an immidiate update. You may also want to consider using the latest version of CPU-Z as yours still shows you as having a 'conroe' (dual core) as opposed to Kentsfield (Quadcore);)

Updated:)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
It very well could be;)...was looking @ the cheaper alternatives like the DS3R but seems there have been many going bad....so i think that's now out.

Hopefully this database will also give an indication of how good the respective motherboards are.;)

Man of Honour
OP
Wow thats some droop there m8. Have you tried the vdroop mod I posted in the motherboard thread? Sorted my old board's vdeop/droop issues out;). Looks like you are also gonna need to lap to go much higher as those temps are a little bit concerning.

I'll update when I get home - nice clock btw;)

Man of Honour
OP
You need to include a screenshot m8 with prime95 running 8+hours small fft's along with a CPU-z screenshot if you want to be included in the database.

Back
Top Bottom