The Intel Quadcore Database

Man of Honour
OP
w3bbo, you going to add me to the database ? i have submitted screenshots of my test and results :)

I have added you now - as stated don't expect an immidiate update. You may also want to consider using the latest version of CPU-Z as yours still shows you as having a 'conroe' (dual core) as opposed to Kentsfield (Quadcore);)

Updated:)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
It very well could be;)...was looking @ the cheaper alternatives like the DS3R but seems there have been many going bad....so i think that's now out.

Hopefully this database will also give an indication of how good the respective motherboards are.;)

Soldato
Hopefully this database will also give an indication of how good the respective motherboards are.;)

Indeed, like the 680i i have being an absolute pile of *insert profanity here*

I can't get it stable past 3.6 without upping the vcore to 1.7v +

Although it looks to be stable at 3.6 @ 1.4825v (1.39v real - yes, that's how bad the droop is on this board..)

Cob

Cob

Soldato
CPU - Q6600
Revison - B3
FPO# - L640F312
Clockspeed - 3501MHZ
Vcore - 1.47v
Motherboard - Gigabyte P35-DS3P
Cooling - Custom water
VID - 1.275v

q6600cobhn9.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
CPU - Q6600
Revison - G0
FPO# - L723B010
Clockspeed - 3600MHZ
Vcore - 1.50v (bios) 1.416v (real)
Motherboard - BFG 680i sli (D00 revision)
Cooling - Custom water (gfx + nb in same loop with a pa120.2)
VID - 1.2625v

primed.jpg

Don't think my loop can handle this efficiently with a pa120.2 tbh, not to mention the crazy vdroop i am getting :eek: those temps are ridiculous for a fairly decen't water setup... i really am tempted to lap this now...

EDIT: just realised mine's the same batch as your's w3bbo, i'm sure it's this board holding out on me... benches at 3.8 no problems, but as mentionned before, it requires a ridiculous ammount of voltage to get it stable...

EDIT2: D'oh, forgot to change one of the cpu-z's to show the memory :(

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Wow thats some droop there m8. Have you tried the vdroop mod I posted in the motherboard thread? Sorted my old board's vdeop/droop issues out;). Looks like you are also gonna need to lap to go much higher as those temps are a little bit concerning.

I'll update when I get home - nice clock btw;)

Soldato
Didn't realise you posted the mod for vdroop, i had actually also posted that, i'm putting it off unti'll i actually have to remove a componant, as draining the system etc is a killer job (next build i am definately going to encorporate a drain port smoewhere!)

Temp's will probably rise a bit soon too, as i am about to purchase an 88U :D

Cob

Cob

Soldato
Didn't realise you posted the mod for vdroop, i had actually also posted that, i'm putting it off unti'll i actually have to remove a componant, as draining the system etc is a killer job (next build i am definately going to encorporate a drain port smoewhere!)

Temp's will probably rise a bit soon too, as i am about to purchase an 88U :D

Would you have to drain the system just to remove the mobo?

And a nice clock :)

Soldato
Would you have to drain the system just to remove the mobo?

And a nice clock :)

Yes, and thanks :)

(the only way i can get to the mobo is by removing the rad and the gfx and the res and the pump.. which basically means removing all of the watercooling... grr, really should have planned the build better ;))

Associate
Hey Franco_cov,what PWM temps do you get on your IP-35 PRO?Mines at 3Ghz are 82 and at 3.2 it goes even higher,I will have to place a fan somewhere to decrease it.

Back
Top Bottom