***The iOS 5 Thread***

Soldato
All eyes are on Apple Worldwide Developer Conference (WWDC) in San Francisco on Monday and whether Steve Jobs will unveil Apple iPhone 5. Most observers say Apple will not unveil the next generation iPhone though launch of the new power-packed iOS 5 is on the cards. A minority of analysts believe Apple will surprise everyone by revealing the iPhone 5.

When are we likely to get iOS 5 as an update in iTunes ?

leaked stuff looks wicked !!

Soldato
5 will be available this fall, nothing exciting, seems like Apple just did some catching up to keep level with Android.

Associate
This is pretty awesome
5806049115_98945a7677_o_d.png

Soldato
I'm sorry, and I do like apple, but my god they just lifted a load of things off android, the notification centre, had to burst out laughing at that one.

Caporegime
I'm sorry, and I do like apple, but my god they just lifted a load of things off android, the notification centre, had to burst out laughing at that one.

at the end of the day it would be a sad world if the only people that ever invented anything were apple.

its good that apple have to follow suit and copy other peoples good ideas like notifications

Because their copmpetitiors are doing plenty of copying of them. It hasn't gone unnoticed by the tech press that samsung are basically ripping apple of as much as they can.

And then theres things that iOS does really well that others havent really caught on with yet - like game centre and news stand. And the amount that the cloud is integrated into the OS is pretty neat too.

Has anybody got anything like Safari Reader yet ? not seen that elsewhere and that looks pretty cool.

Permabanned
at the end of the day it would be a sad world if the only people that ever invented anything were apple.

its good that apple have to follow suit and copy other peoples good ideas like notifications

Because their copmpetitiors are doing plenty of copying of them. It hasn't gone unnoticed by the tech press that samsung are basically ripping apple of as much as they can.

And then theres things that iOS does really well that others havent really caught on with yet - like game centre and news stand. And the amount that the cloud is integrated into the OS is pretty neat too.

Has anybody got anything like Safari Reader yet ? not seen that elsewhere and that looks pretty cool.

Game centre really? I hated that and never bothered with it. Should probably have given it more of a chance but I just didn't see the point.

The cloud is heavily integrated with Android anyway and has been for ages, loads of Google apps with cloud functions and what have you.

I don't personally see the point in Safari Reader. Why not just use a standalone news reader app? It'll have more function than Safari Reader I'm sure. That's what I'd do anyway. I used to use a fantastic little RSS reader on iPhone, forgot the name though.

But yeah you are right. Every company copies from one another and tries to improve on them things. Although in this case it seems more of just playing catch up.

Bit sad to see they're not changing the interface of the OS much, I hate that grid style and there's still no widgets or anything. Would like it if they let you change the keyboard, text messaging and web browser apps too. I know you can get Safari alternatives but they don't become the default browser so websites still launch in Safari and stuff. A bit more customisation really wouldn't go a miss Apple, you can keep it simple for those that don't care about it, those that do are forced to jailbreak or jump ship. Seems a bit silly

I wish they implemented the app drawer from Android. So you press a button and every single app on the phone comes up in a window you can scroll through. This doesn't replace having apps on the 'desktop' or across multiple virtual screens but allows you to just quickly see every app on the phone. I find it really handy.

My complaints for the interface are mostly iPad related, it doesn't look good blown up on that size screen at all sorry...it looks so sparse, too much empty space. It's rubbish.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom