***The iOS 5 Thread***

Soldato
Where have you had your UDID registered?

A Mate did it for me.

I cba to pay £60 again for this year.

There are lots of people selling the service for $5 tho online.

Its installed and up and running - took 2 restores, first time icloud decided it didn't like my contacts. Restored and didn't merge straight away and its working fine.

Everything appears to be working sweet atm, the syncing of apps is really slow currently over wireless - slower than before I think.

The new AF function on the camera doesn't appear to want to work with the flash on.

Everything else appears to be working perfect tho, notifications are great.

Anyone know where the option for the LED flash notification is?

Associate
A Mate did it for me.

I cba to pay £60 again for this year.

There are lots of people selling the service for $5 tho online.

Its installed and up and running - took 2 restores, first time icloud decided it didn't like my contacts. Restored and didn't merge straight away and its working fine.

Everything appears to be working sweet atm, the syncing of apps is really slow currently over wireless - slower than before I think.

The new AF function on the camera doesn't appear to want to work with the flash on.

Everything else appears to be working perfect tho, notifications are great.

Anyone know where the option for the LED flash notification is?

AFAIK the LED flash notification is in settings under accessibility.

Soldato
AFAIK the LED flash notification is in settings under accessibility.

Yup got it working now :)

Crashing a fair bit atm, thought it was due to icloud not really working great for me atm - to many apps i dont' use anymore, but it appears its just the os, I've had problems getting into phone and twitter.

L33

L33

Permabanned
Agreed, I wouldn't install this on any device you actually use/rely on. Installed on some of my test equipment and it crashes back to springboard, lots.

Commissario
I'm not going to bother getting it through my developer account, judging by the number of negative things I've read about it crashing.

Soldato
Mines def a lot better after removing the icloud stuff currently - i'll set it back up when home tonight and see if its better.

No crashes in the last hour since removing it.

It appears the icloud stuff was just syncing constantly and making the device slow and unstable.

Permabanned
I was gonna hop on to Android this month but now I'm not gonna bother.

There's a big Android update out in a few months, I wonder how iOS 5 will look then. As at the moment Apple have just copied Android and jailbroken apps with a bare minimum of originality.

Of course the general public that think iPhone is the be and end all will think everything is original and exciting.

Associate
There's a big Android update out in a few months, I wonder how iOS 5 will look then. As at the moment Apple have just copied Android and jailbroken apps with a bare minimum of originality.

Of course the general public that think iPhone is the be and end all will think everything is original and exciting.

butthurt.jpg

Soldato
Okay seems the wireless is the problem with draining the battery bit time. With wifi connected and a VPN connection at work - usually the vpn will drop after 5mins wiht no activity. Now its on all the time - 4hours and counting, and i havn't used the net once.

Appears a lot of data is being sent in the background currently - icloud? bug reports?

Its hard to know what it is, but dropping the VPN and Wifi has made my battery last a lot longer.

Back
Top Bottom