***The iOS 5 Thread***

Associate
Can anyone provide a link for where I need to be downloading Beta 3 and the new iTunes please?

I'm currently running beta 2 on my iPhone 4 and iPad 2 so both UDIDs are registered already. :)

Permabanned
Can anyone provide a link for where I need to be downloading Beta 3 and the new iTunes please?

I'm currently running beta 2 on my iPhone 4 and iPad 2 so both UDIDs are registered already. :)

Not allowed to really link on here but Google does have the answers. I will give you a clue with file names.

iTunes - itunes_10.5_beta_3_for_mac_os_x.dmg
iPhone 4 - ios_5_beta_3_iphone_4_gsm_9a5258f.dmg
iPad 2 Wifi - ios_5_beta_3_ipad_2_wifi__3g_gsm_9a5258f.dmg
iPad 2 3G GSM - ios_5_beta_3_ipad_2_9a5258f.dmg
iPad 1- ios_5_beta_3_ipad__9a5258f.dmg
iPhone 3GS - ios_5_beta_3_iphone_3gs_9a5258f.dmg
iPhone 4 CDMA - ios_5_beta_3_iphone_4_cdma_9a5258f.dmg
iPad 2 CDMA - ios_5_beta_3_ipad_2_cdma_9a5258f.dmg
iPod Touch 3G - ios_5_beta_3_ipod_touch_3g_9a5258f.dmg
iPod Touch 4G - ios_5_beta_3_ipod_touch_4g_9a5258f.dmg
AppleTV - apple_tv_software_beta_3_.dmg

PS if your not on a mac then the file names will still help.

Soldato
Omg Beta 3 is terrible!

Hour and half on standby and 44% battery remaining! WUT!

Can't get wireless to work with appstore properly. Taking 45mins to get facebook app on it.

Its really not good this version. I hope they update really fast.

Associate
Will I need to upgrade my imac OS to be able to get ios5? My iMac is running OS X 10.5 (Leopard)

Fingers crossed I wont as I only use my mac to do iphone stuff lmao.

Id imagine you'd need the latest version of OSX, having said that there are 2 version of Xcode, one for Leopard and one for Snow Leopard.

If you install it via the itunes method then you do need SL as you also need itunes beta to install ios5b3.

Soldato
How does the new iMessage stack up then? Compared to BBM/WhatsApp?

From what I've seen/read (unfortunately not first hand) is that it's very good, quick and extremely well integrated.

I must say this though (and please don't take this is a personal pop) there's a lot of reviews on the iTunes store for WhatsApp saying "when the new iMessage comes out it will replace WhatsApp". They all seem to forget that iMessage is great if you and everyone in your contact list has an iOS 5 device etc, but WhatsApp is designed as a cross platform (iOS/Android/BlackBerry) app so can't fairly be compared to iMessage (although their core function is the same).

Back
Top Bottom