** The iOS10 thread **

Associate
Is there an easy way to go back, like a swipe or something instead of having to move my thumb to the very top left corner of the phone and risk dropping it? It's a bit of a pain coming from Android.

double tap the home button, not press it. press with switch apps. gently tap will bring the screen down 1/2 way so you can reach.

Associate
Please god fix the 10.2.1 battery drain issue. Last night it was at 100%, no apps running and freshly restarted. Woke up with it 50%. Left my house and by the time i'd got to the station (5mins) was at 19%, by the time i'd walked onto the platform it was dead. Charged it upt when i got home to 100%, 45 mins later it's 5% and for some reaso not turned itself off yet. Battery Meter says nothing fancy, no app has used more than 10% in last 24 hours. I've basically dumped my 5S now and have switched to using my work Samsung S4 instead. If the issue is not fixed i'll ditch Apple when i get my new work Android phone and won't bother upgrading my own device. And i really dislike Android :( That's how annoying this issue is.

Man of Honour
Please god fix the 10.2.1 battery drain issue. Last night it was at 100%, no apps running and freshly restarted. Woke up with it 50%. Left my house and by the time i'd got to the station (5mins) was at 19%, by the time i'd walked onto the platform it was dead. Charged it upt when i got home to 100%, 45 mins later it's 5% and for some reaso not turned itself off yet. Battery Meter says nothing fancy, no app has used more than 10% in last 24 hours. I've basically dumped my 5S now and have switched to using my work Samsung S4 instead. If the issue is not fixed i'll ditch Apple when i get my new work Android phone and won't bother upgrading my own device. And i really dislike Android :( That's how annoying this issue is.
Mine is no where near that bad, are you sure you don't have a fault with the device?

Mine's a 7 +, I use it for 90 minutes sat nav in the morning plus deezer streaming via Bluetooth, after that it's at around 85% for the rest of the day, same again on the way home with some phone calls and it's usually on 50% when I get in.

Man of Honour
There is a new file system in 10.3. So I think they are checking thoroughly before the general release :) But yes general release must be close now.
APFS is coming in 10.3? I would have thought that wouldn't be till iOS 11.

I've just looked it up, you are correct. Odd that they are doing that!

Last edited:
Associate
Mine is no where near that bad, are you sure you don't have a fault with the device?

Mine's a 7 +, I use it for 90 minutes sat nav in the morning plus deezer streaming via Bluetooth, after that it's at around 85% for the rest of the day, same again on the way home with some phone calls and it's usually on 50% when I get in.

It seems to be a massive bug thats been affecting devices since a particular version of iOS 10. Mine was fine until i installed 10.2.1, and now the battery meter is completely non functional. Another example, was flying home a few days ago, phone said 65%, then it just dropped to 2% and turned off. Trying to turn it on just gave the icon to plug it in. Plugged it into my laptop and it immediately jumped back up to 65%. Unplugged it stright away and it was fine. Seems to me the software has som serious issues recording the actual battery life. I know 2 or 3 people at work with the exact same problem (although they all have iPhone 6 or 7s.)

Back
Top Bottom