** The iOS10 thread **

Caporegime
Ok well the phone is stuck in an endless loop of taking a few minutes to set up, so god knows what's going on.

Wiped the phone, went through the setup and restored from iCloud back up. Only one back up I could see from this morning at 3:20am.

So I chose that one and as I said above, it's stuck on taking a few min to setup etc. Then it shuts off and restarts again.

Yes in hindsight I should have done a full backup on iTunes before updating but didn't think it would cause such a massive issue for me.

Out of ideas now as to what to do, infuriates me that all my data that I had backed up is probably corrupted now as it just will not work. Phone is now stuck on the apple logo and won't even boot up.

Caporegime
Ok phone restored so is working. But not going to try and restore from my backup as I got to get to work and secondly it will probably mess up my phone once again.

So im just going to set it up as a new phone for the time being. Cant be arsed to faff around trying to get the backup working, of course that means ill lose all my data but I don't think I have much of a choice at the moment.

Man of Honour
You'll get your pics back as you can just sign into iCloud and let them sync.

I think it's worth trying a restore again when you have time if the iTunes method worked whereas OTA did not before.

Caporegime
You'll get your pics back as you can just sign into iCloud and let them sync.

I think it's worth trying a restore again when you have time if the iTunes method worked whereas OTA did not before.

Yeh pics have synched back along with my whatsapp messages so all is not lost.

I will try to restore again tonight, although if I restore from my iTunes backup it will still give me the same issues as I was suffering before I wiped.

Only things I will miss from the backup is my home screen setup and a few iMessages. What I may do is restore and just copy what I had on my home screen onto a piece of paper then wipe and set it up again but as a new phone rather than using the backup.

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

Try Apple support, see if they can roll back your iCloud backup to a slightly older version?

Soldato
I better start backing up my phone then, all of the 10.x updates i have never bothered doing a backup before upgrading.

Caporegime
I suggested this at 20:20 last night, could have saved yourself a lot of time!
True but at that point it was fine, it was earlier this morning when it kept rebooting.

Plus restoring from my iTunes backup didn't help, I was still having the same issues i.e. Messages not working; phone app hanging etc etc. Restoring from my iCloud backup does the same.

Anyhow I've reset my phone as new so sadly no data from before 10.3. Am going into the Apple Store tomorrow to see if they can somehow get all my data back. I doubt they will be able to as on iCloud I only have one backup which was done early this morning at 3.30am, which is about 7.5gb.

Soldato
Installed 10.3 OTA with no issues... hoping it fixes the random resprings I've been getting lately when opening apps. Shame there's nothing in the update that's of any use or interest to me :p

Associate
iOS 10.3 installed. iPhone bricked..Installed ok, phone seemed fine. Checked it just now and it was off. Turn it on does nothing, plugging it in does nothing. Keep Home and the 'on' switch down and the Apple logo comes up for s bit then nothing. Anything i can try to get it back or find outy what's wrong?

Caporegime
Yeh connect it to iTunes in DFU mode and restore the phone.

That's what I had to do but I've lost all my backed up info so have had to set it up as a new one. So far all is fine, at least my photos and WhatsApp history are back.

Associate
Managed to get it back by a couple of holding home and lock downs. Now its doing the same thing as with 10.2.1. Phone is at 83%, turns itself off. Turn it back on and you just get the need to charge logo, plug it into charge, comes back on at 83% and you can remove it from charge. Oh well, i have my work S4 to tide me over until i can decide what to do...

Caporegime
Have you tried putting it into DFU mode then connecting to iTunes to restore??

That will reload the OS and hopefully get your phone back up and running.

On another note my iphone6s battery is absolutely rubbish on the 10.3 update. It was fully charged this morning, hardly used it today and it's now at 50% :eek:

Can't see anything major taking my battery Pre 10.3 with the same usage, my battery would be sitting at 70%.

Back
Top Bottom