The iOS11 Thread

Soldato
Just installing the public beta now to give it a go.

Im a sucker for new shiny things :D

No doubt i'll roll back, but gonna give it a go regardless.

ajf

ajf

Soldato
Given it a go as well.
So far very few real bugs for me that I have noticed. Multi tasking is much better and should be great once more apps are updated to fully support it.
Only major issue I have found is that if I visit autocar.co.uk website, none of the article links work! They also do not work in Firefox for IOS either. Really odd one.

Soldato
That AR Measure app looks fab! It's a little out on accuracy but probably still in the beta stages I would guess.

edit: will this work on the SE I wonder or just the iPhone 7?

Last edited:

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

iOS 11 on my iPad Pro 10.5 is pretty good. Have had a few minor crashes, takes around 5 seconds to recover. It's a massive improvement on the multi-tasking front, that's for sure.

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

Most reports I've read is that Public Beta 1 is much more stable (at least on the iPad) than the first Developer Beta. But maybe not great on the iPhone?

Associate
Are you using some older 32-bit apps which haven't been updated? There will be some out there that will never work unless they get a patch.

This was the case, re installed with beta2 and is a lot smoother, faster, but get random crashes and have to plug phone into charger to switch back on. All apps are working though.

Soldato
Seems to work pretty well on my Pro. I miss being able to flick apps shut though. My OCD does not allow loads of things open all the time and having to hold and click the cross to close is a pain unless I’m missing something......

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

Seems to work pretty well on my Pro. I miss being able to flick apps shut though. My OCD does not allow loads of things open all the time and having to hold and click the cross to close is a pain unless I’m missing something......
Same here, I hope they bring that back! I hate leaving Facebook running in the background.

Soldato
I rolled back because the app switcher and closer wasn't working correctly for me on my iPhone 7.

It would seem like the apps were closing. But double clicking the home buttons showed the app open again. It'll get ironed out.

Back
Top Bottom