The iOS11 Thread

Soldato
Sounds strange to still get notifications. I know on android you can be in airplane mode and individually turn on certain components such as data or wifi or gps, might be worth turning them off and then going in to airplane mode?

Soldato
I thought turning WiFi off left it on but airplane turned everything off? Could be wrong though

Correct. Using the Bluetooth or WiFi toggles in control centre will disconnect you from Bluetooth / WiFi devices but leave them turned on. If you want to switch them off, you’ll need to go into settings.

Airplane mode turns off all radios. Just tested it on two different iPads (one on 11.0.2, one on 11.0.3) and they both work as expected (WiFi was turned off).

Last edited:
Soldato
I thought turning WiFi off left it on but airplane turned everything off? Could be wrong though

Turning wifi off, used to turn it off, now turning wifi off doesn't turn it off.
Airplane should turn it off, but who knows....
Quite which they changed that is a mystery to me, but must have some apple reasoning for it.

Soldato
OP
They've started to advertise the X on that massive billboard over the M4 into London already. You can't even pre-order it yet, must be trying to build hype.

V F

V F

Soldato
Apple changed the cmmd structure when they introduced iOS11, so the wifi off button no longer does wifi off.
I have yet to hear their reasoning for the change.

Hmm, if that is the case why does my watch no longer find the iPad or phone when switched to off? Even for Bluetooth.

Soldato
Where do we report bugs on iOS? Never had such problems with an iOS release before. Fundamentally affecting how I use the phone st the minute. Had another problem that someone else mentioned yesterday in regards to car play. Wouldn't go through Spotify on the I drive so had to press play on the phone, and while the phone was playing from Spotify through the car, the song selection tool on the steering wheel was going through my iOS music folder.

Really ******* me off currently, is this phone, simply due to iOS updates.

Also, at times I'll try and open a notification and it'll ask for my Touch ID, so I present my fingerprint....aaaaand nothing happens and have to go through passcode. Finger is dry, clean etc. Etc .and there's no reason why it shouldn't pick up; doesn't even pick it up and says it's wrong. Just simply no reaction.

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

My iP6S+ 128Gb has been ******* horrid this week. Quite a few crashes needing a full reboot. Yesterday in work it wouldn't acknowledge a swipe up for control centre nor a swipe down for notifications. CC is particularly important as I put my phone on DO not disturb when I'm on console; this is also new as Airplane mode now leaves wifi on. The reason I use Airplane mode was because I don't want my phone vibrating/distracting me in my pocket :(

Battery has also been absolutely terrible and Spotify just doesn't seem to be integrated at all. Volume buttons not adjusting music volume unless i unlock the phone and open spotify, then use volume buttons,which isn't perfect when i'm running. Also, spotify at first replaced 'Music' on the lock screen giving pause, skip forward and song info etc. as you'd expect. Not since this last update or so. Again, having to fully open up the app to make any changes.

Properly winding me up.

Oh, and last night i was playing music through spotify, but as soon as i used another app, ie, facebook it stopped playing. Once i switched apps back to spotify i continued playing through my bluetooth speaker at max volume. Wonderful
Time for a restore, fella. Turn off Find my Phone, plug it into iTunes, make sure you've got the encrypted backup setting enabled, do a full backup, then do a restore, and when it finishes it will ask if you want to setup as new or restore from backup. Should be good as new.

Soldato
Time for a restore, fella. Turn off Find my Phone, plug it into iTunes, make sure you've got the encrypted backup setting enabled, do a full backup, then do a restore, and when it finishes it will ask if you want to setup as new or restore from backup. Should be good as new.
Yeah I think so. Spotify was fine driving back this afternoon but it’s just on the odd occasion it throws a fit. :(

Ste

Ste

Soldato
iOS 11.1 public beta 2 hugely improved battery life for me. Usually at 10% by now but am at 29!

3D Touch app switching is back too and works really well.

Soldato
Argh, my phones are driving me nuts. I have the same account linked for both my personnel phone (Iphone 8) and work phone (Iphone 6S)

I keep getting a notification saying i need to update my details or some things won't work. So i enter the passcode for the phone i'm on, then have to enter the passcode for the other phone and it all goes away. Then about 10 seconds later i get a pop up on the other phone having to do the same. I re-enter everything again and the the first phone wants me to do it all again and it just yoyo's between the 2.

Has anyone experienced this or have any idea how to fix?

Back
Top Bottom