The iOS11 Thread

Soldato
Having an issue in maps, where if I swipe left to remove a recent location, it just pops back up a second or two later. Anyone have this issue ?

Permabanned
ditched my iphone 6, was on the beta testing too so tried the 11.2 beta 4 and the phone is just so laggy.
dug out my old samsung s5 and everything loads up so quick compared.

had both side by side and opened up the same apps and the difference is night and day.
apple sure crippled the older devices on purpose but nothing new there hey.

Soldato
Would be nice if in just one of these releases they fix the iPhone 6S freezing issue. It’s happening 10+ times a day for me at the moment.
Otherwise the general performance is fine!

Man of Honour
Why they changed the check box to change the ringer volume with the buttons is confusing.

Why are they pushing 11.1.2 to all devices when it's only for the iPhone X

There will be other under the hood changes. What would you propose anyway? Different iOS releases for each device? It would be a mess.

Soldato
ditched my iphone 6, was on the beta testing too so tried the 11.2 beta 4 and the phone is just so laggy.
dug out my old samsung s5 and everything loads up so quick compared.

had both side by side and opened up the same apps and the difference is night and day.
apple sure crippled the older devices on purpose but nothing new there hey.

My 6 is running just fine.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
My 6+ is dog slow. Side by side with a 6 that's a bit snappier but definitely laggy in animations and loading apps. I compared with my colleagues 7 and it's lightning quick. I tried a complete restore but still very laggy.

One thing that annoys me is the first running of an app. It opens on a white screen, sits for a minute then exists. On the second attempt it opens.

V F

V F

Soldato
There will be other under the hood changes. What would you propose anyway? Different iOS releases for each device? It would be a mess.

Heh, it isn’t a mess right now? The last I looked nearly everyone is griping about iOS 11.

Back
Top Bottom