The iOS11 Thread

Associate
Came here looking for some relief as my 6s is laggy with 11.2.2. WhatsAPP is juddery and app icons 'dropping' on to the screen after unlocking is flaky as well. Really hope the next update comes soon.

Soldato
Came here looking for some relief as my 6s is laggy with 11.2.2. WhatsAPP is juddery and app icons 'dropping' on to the screen after unlocking is flaky as well. Really hope the next update comes soon.
comments like this make me glad I didn't update to IOS 11, stuck with 10.3.1 as no option to roll back anymore, others in here using a 6 has had issues as well.

Have you tried a clean install of 11?

Soldato
Strange. My iPad mini 4 is only A8 (compared to A9 inside 6S) and it's totally fine with iOS 11. Must be the throttling battery thing.
Would be interesting to see the state of the batteries of all the people who are having issues with IOS 11 on the 6\6S compared to the people that are not having the issues on the same model.

I checked my battery life on my phone from the main thread in GD (now closed) and mine is 88% and is about 3 years old now

Associate
My battery is 96% after 2 years but the iPad is a much bigger capacity I should imagine.
96% after 2 years! My god :p
Seriously though I need to have a look at mine, not sure what condition is. I would expect it to be decent though and I wouldn’t mind paying Apple to replace it as I’m not going to get a 7,8 or X anytime soon.

comments like this make me glad I didn't update to IOS 11, stuck with 10.3.1 as no option to roll back anymore, others in here using a 6 has had issues as well.

Have you tried a clean install of 11?
Haven’t tried a clean install no. If I did though I’d be back with the security loop holes they patched with the updates so for me it’s lose lose.

Soldato
Sorry double post.
I would check the battery health of your iPhone as the speed issues kick in when the battery is down to 80% life which maybe why some 6 users maybe having issues and some are not.

Mine seems to have dropped 5% in one day as it was 88% when I posted my comment above and the last few days it's gone to 83%

Soldato
My battery is 96% after 2 years but the iPad is a much bigger capacity I should imagine.
I was thinking the same thing as I only get a new iPhone when a family member upgrades and I get theirs for free so I'm with my6 for another two years minimum

Associate
I would check the battery health of your iPhone as the speed issues kick in when the battery is down to 80% life which maybe why some 6 users maybe having issues and some are not.

Mine seems to have dropped 5% in one day as it was 88% when I posted my comment above and the last few days it's gone to 83%

Mine was new on a two year contract in June 2015, surely the battery can’t deteriorate that quickly can it? Hope not but as I said I’d pay for a new one as I’m not upgrading soon. Need to fire up coconut battery and have a look.

Soldato
Mine was new on a two year contract in June 2015, surely the battery can’t deteriorate that quickly can it? Hope not but as I said I’d pay for a new one as I’m not upgrading soon. Need to fire up coconut battery and have a look.
I am tempted to do the same while its cheap so it gives it a bit more life

Soldato
My girlfriends iPhone 6 is terrible at the moment. It's losing about 40% battery by midday, and that's in low power mode, with virtually no use.

Booked an appointment at Apple service centre in Cheltenham on Saturday. Hoping they'll replace it for the £29 fee!

Man of Honour
My girlfriends iPhone 6 is terrible at the moment. It's losing about 40% battery by midday, and that's in low power mode, with virtually no use.

Booked an appointment at Apple service centre in Cheltenham on Saturday. Hoping they'll replace it for the £29 fee!
Western Computer? They're borderline criminal. Take the trip down the M5 to the Apple Store at Cribbs.

Back
Top Bottom