*** The iPhone 3G S Thread - All iPhone 3G S Related Stuff In Here ***

Soldato
Leaked details:

http://www.neowin.net/news/main/09/05/19/iphone-to-launch-july-17th-full-specs-leaked

Wired is reporting that a source closely connected to the Apple hardware team is giving out details about the suspected upcoming revision of the iPhone. Among the most important details are a launch date of July 17 (a Friday) and that it will come in two flavors of 16GB at $199.99 and 32GB at $299.99

Full potential leaked spec list below:
•32GB and 16GB storage (up from the current 16GB and 8GB models)
•$199 and $299 price points to be maintained
•3.2-megapixel camera (up from the current 2-megapixel camera)
•Video-recording and editing capabilities
•Ability to send a picture & video via MMS
•Discontinuation of the metal band surrounding the edge of the device
•OLED screen
•1.5 times the battery life of the current models
•Double the RAM and processing power
•Built-in FM transmitter
•Apple logo on back will glow
•Rubber-tread backing
•Sleeker design
•Built-in compass
•The camera, GPS, compass and Google map combined will identify photo and inform about photo locations
•Turn-by-turn directions
The upgrades provide a solid reason to purchase a new one but do not provide any ground breaking features that haven't been seen before in a mobile device.

The FM transmitter is a nice feature but anyone who has tried to stream music to a car radio will tell you that they are nothing short of terrible, especially if you live in a populated area with many radio stations.

It won't be until early June when the world will find out if these specs are true or just another person looking for their 15 minutes of fame; albeit, they do line up nicely with some of the rumors that have been circulating the web.

Praise/Bash on.
(If there is a thread about this, then mods please delete this thread).

Associate
Looks good, hopefully they will add support for background apps sometime considering they will increase the RAM and CPU power.

Fingers crossed it's out when I start looking for a new phone if I don't get my iPhone 3G back soon. Either this or most likely the HTC magic running android.

Soldato
What a daft list. lol @ glowing logo :D
The only thing I do like on that list is the prospect of an OLED or even an AMOLED screen. My Clix2 has the latter and it is simply stunning. Would love to see the OmniaHD phone up close since it has one too.

Soldato
Sweet :D
Can't WAIT for WWDC :) When is the date for the conference again?

OLED screen is a nice feature :)

Banny said:
I found this if anyone is interested its in thai
http://hitech.sanook.com/mobile/news_12634.php

Apparently, they are just concept designs from a designer and nothing more than that. However, if they launch this new iPhone and have different colours I will explode with happiness :p :D

Soldato
if they launch this new iPhone and have different colours I will explode with happiness :p :D

All my mates have iPhone and my biggest regret was not getting a white one, different colours would add such an individual feel about the phone rather than everyone having the same

Hope the different colours are true love that Red one :eek:

Back
Top Bottom