*** The iPhone 3G S Thread - All iPhone 3G S Related Stuff In Here ***

Don
Has anyone iPhone's got cracked anywhere at all? I have a silocone protector on the phone since release and there are no scratches whatsoever, never dropped it, really handle my stuff with care yet where you plug the charger in a crack has formed, pretty small but still easily visible. Also on the side of the phone, both on the white plastic.

Pretty annoyed as the reason I kept it as new looking as I could is I would eventually sell it, reduced the price dramatically. Have no idea how these could have happened, can only think it's a really badly designed case?

Associate
Has anyone iPhone's got cracked anywhere at all? I have a silocone protector on the phone since release and there are no scratches whatsoever, never dropped it, really handle my stuff with care yet where you plug the charger in a crack has formed, pretty small but still easily visible. Also on the side of the phone, both on the white plastic.

Pretty annoyed as the reason I kept it as new looking as I could is I would eventually sell it, reduced the price dramatically. Have no idea how these could have happened, can only think it's a really badly designed case?

Take it to apple and they'll replace the phone for free. It's a known fault with the phone:)

Soldato

It's a design flaw, Apple were fixing it for free last time I looked

Soldato
Right this is really doing my head in now. Have had the 3GS since launch and up until recently I have never had the need to create a group and send an SMS message to everyone in that group.

I have created a group, no problem, but it still makes me add the contacts one by one to send an SMS to. Is there any way, either via an app or not, to make it like a non-iphone whereby I can simply select group, write a text and send the message to everyone in that group????

Soldato
How are people finding the battery, mines been on standby for 3days 2hours and with 2hours usage with 33% left.

I just recently received a 16GB 3Gs.

I'm finding that it needs charging every 24 hours or so. That's with Wifi / 3G turned off the majority of time with the odd occasion using the internet for the app store, surfing and the odd game. Not really made many calls either.

Any settings I can do to help the battery?

Soldato
I just recently received a 16GB 3Gs.

I'm finding that it needs charging every 24 hours or so. That's with Wifi / 3G turned off the majority of time with the odd occasion using the internet for the app store, surfing and the odd game. Not really made many calls either.

Any settings I can do to help the battery?

Switch off push and set email to check hourly or better still manually

I reckon I get 20-25% more battery on 3GS vs old 3G

Don
Right this is really doing my head in now. Have had the 3GS since launch and up until recently I have never had the need to create a group and send an SMS message to everyone in that group.

I have created a group, no problem, but it still makes me add the contacts one by one to send an SMS to. Is there any way, either via an app or not, to make it like a non-iphone whereby I can simply select group, write a text and send the message to everyone in that group????

No, it really does shock me a next gen phone doesn't have the ability to create text groups, I find it very annoying. I send loads of texts to people about football all the time, I know you can go back to texts and send that way but this isn't always convenient if you need to edit contacts.

Soldato
I'm getting 2 confident days out of my 16gb 3GS since the last software update. I only have Wifi on at home or if I go to the City where I know I can pick it up.

Confident, as in I know it isn't going to run out halfway through day 2.

Soldato
Just found a 5mm crack from the middle of m dock connector heading upwards towards the back on my 3G. Finished my contract now, on the simplicity deal now. I've got insurance any know who I should deal with to see I I can get a replacement?

If I can ge a replacement, would it be a 3G handset again?

Soldato
Just found a 5mm crack from the middle of m dock connector heading upwards towards the back on my 3G. Finished my contract now, on the simplicity deal now. I've got insurance any know who I should deal with to see I I can get a replacement?

If I can ge a replacement, would it be a 3G handset again?

If the insurance is with o2 just ring them up, and they will get it repalced for you, you should get 3GS as they no longer have any 3G in channel

Kimbir

Soldato
Phoned carphonewarehouse, and they said bring it in and they will send it off but it could be 2 weeks, and I wont get an iPhone replacement during that 2 weeks :mad:

Will try phoning an apple store and O2 see what they say.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Due for an upgrade on 24th March...definitely considering getting a 3GS! Dunno what colour to get though haha.

Do the white ones get dirty easily?

Last edited:
Soldato
Would you say a 3GS is still worth it coming from a 3G?

The 3G does everything I need it's just sluggish sometimes? All this hype over the 4, I'd happily take a 3GS especially with the low price an 8GB will be from tomorrow.

Associate
Would you say a 3GS is still worth it coming from a 3G?

I personally have a 3GS, my GF has an iPhone 4 coming from an 3G. If you aren't planning to upgrade to the i4, and looking to upgrade then the 3GS is worth it, you will a decent speed upgrade, slight camera upgrade and get full multitasking from ios4.

I personally have decided not to upgrade to the i4 after playing with my GFs, as it isn't a huge leap and the amount of problems it is having at the moment.

It appears each revision of the phone is only upgraded marginally, and it is only really worth upgrading the phone every other time to make it really worth while, although if you really like to be up to date and have the money then you may want to keep up

Back
Top Bottom