*** The iPhone 3G S Thread - All iPhone 3G S Related Stuff In Here ***

Associate
not really used the camera on the iphone much as i normally have my Nikon D80 with me but i captured this sunrise this morning and was pretty pleased with it

4197160854_47df727129.jpg

any one else happy with the iphone camera

That quite a good pic for 3mp:)

Associate
No, its crap comparted to my old n95 8gb. The only thing i hate about it tbh

Quoted for truth, the iphone camera is awful, its only possible to take a good photo if the subject is perfectly still and there is an abundance of light. If it's even slightly dark then it'll just come out black, or if it's moving then the photo is a blur. Terrible camera, needs a flash, more megapixels and needs to be much much faster.

The camera on the n95 8gb was amazing, used it as my holiday camera several times with great results.

Soldato
I just want to say I got my iPhone 3GS 32GB today, and oh man what a great feeling it is to have back the iPhone! Been without one for 2 months and it was awful!

BEST. PHONE. EVER.

Associate
Had my iphone 3GS now since Saturday. great peice of kit

However, on the PAYG that i'm on it says 1 year free accesss to openzone:

Quote from Iphone leaflet: "UNLIMITED WEB & WI-FI FOR 12 MONTHS. *12 months unlimitedUK mobile web and BT OpenzoneWi-fi accesss fair use policy. Starts within 24 hours of handset activation. subject to network coverage. after 12 months charges will apply (bla bla etc

Now, I activated my phone, and that works fine BUT when I select "BT openzone" from my WI-FI settings it won't connect to the internet, but just goes to the bt openzone site, same with BTfon. Do I need to sign up for anything (I am currently on Bt total Broadband BTW).

TIA

Ant

Soldato

Quote from Iphone leaflet: "UNLIMITED WEB & WI-FI FOR 12 MONTHS. *12 months unlimitedUK mobile web and BT OpenzoneWi-fi accesss fair use policy. Starts within 24 hours of handset activation. subject to network coverage. after 12 months charges will apply (bla bla etc

Now, I activated my phone, and that works fine BUT when I select "BT openzone" from my WI-FI settings it won't connect to the internet, but just goes to the bt openzone site, same with BTfon. Do I need to sign up for anything (I am currently on Bt total Broadband BTW).

TIA

Ant

The first time you use the BT Open Zone hotspot it'll direct you to the website where you enter your phone number I believe to authorise that you are entitled to use the wifi hotspot.

Associate
Thanks mrochester. I think i saw that somwhere. I understand its "free" when you are on Bt total Broadband? I've been on Bt broadban for about 10 months now, but lost my password etc, and don't even use btinternet as my mail.....:(

thanks

Associate
Hi mrochester.

I sorted it by requesting my Btinternet email, and I just login and connected up straight away (my hotspot is 4.2 miles away, but seems "ok" to say) I read somewhere that it is 512K connection (ok for browsing i guess!)

Thanks

~Ant

Soldato

TIA

Ant

Ive tried setting this up and came unstuck, when viewing the openzone site on my iPhone there isnt an option to enter your mobile number?!

Does your home ISP have to be O2? :confused:

Soldato
battery lasts about half a day before re charging and by night it needs another charge cos its in the red.

problem i'm having with my orange connection is the internet connection dropping, my works orange mobile is fine , but this drops the signal all over the place.

to add to the problem i've just had it come up saying "no internet connection" when its got 4 bars and 3G showing up arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Back
Top Bottom