**The iPhone 5 accessory thread**

Caporegime
Absolutely no idea, not taken it off since I put it on and don't intend on doing so either :p
Thats never a good idea - I would clean a case once a month otherwise youll probably find your iP5 back totally scratched - its not like you havent seen the stories of people taking their case off months down the line and discovering the same thing with the iP4...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
Thats never a good idea - I would clean a case once a month otherwise youll probably find your iP5 back totally scratched - its not like you havent seen the stories of people taking their case off months down the line and discovering the same thing with the iP4...

I'll take the chance, never had any problems before with leaving cases on. My 4 had a bumper on for nearly 2 years solid and was fine when I came to sell it.

Associate
I received the 3 cases that i ordered:

SwitchEasy NUDE Plastic - UltraBlack
SwitchEasy Colors Silicone - Stealth
Cygnett SecondSkin Silicon - Black

The SwitchEasy NUDE Plastic is total crap as the quality and feel of it is poor. The volume control buttons on the side depress once and then just stick so you're not able to make more than one button depress without messing around with the cover. Holding in your hands doesn't feel too good either as little grip and it shows up fingerprints very easily. It did come with two screen protectors though so a extra small plus there.

The SwitchEasy Colors Silicone was pinched by my girl. I originally wanted this one for myself but seeing it in person i changed my mind. Around the edge of the cover is the molding that shows the manufacturing of the cover and that it's not been finished off after it's been done. The buttons etc are good but the main button that covers the original protrudes a little too much for me. Overall i would be ok having it but compared to the Cygnett i would take the Cygnett. Also, the colour is marked as Stealth but it's more of a Grey and definitely not a Black. The cover sits over the phone ok but it's not a tight grip on the top edge.

The Cygnett SecondSkin case is better finished and is actually Black as Black should be. It grips well in the hand and fits well over the phone. By far the best of the three covers. The buttons and access points are good too.

Soldato
CaseCrown Lux Glider - Black + MediaDevil Crystal Clear screen protector = Perfect combo (in my opinion)

Had to buy the case from the US though so it took a couple of weeks to come through, but I can assure you, it's the best case I've had on any of my phones.

IMG_0008.jpg

More pics:

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae255/Nocky24/IMG_0007.jpg
http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae255/Nocky24/IMG_0006.jpg
http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae255/Nocky24/IMG_0005.jpg
http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae255/Nocky24/IMG_0003.jpg

Casewise I've tried these so far:

Gear4 Ice Box Edge Case- Rubbish, as the plastic shield at the back scratches whenever you take the phone out (phone scratches it). Also I'd imagine the dust build up would be quite bad so you would need to take it out for a clean occasionally. The same can be said for any of these rear plastic covered cases- tried a Rocketfish Reveal at CPW and that scratched as well. The Griffin version would also be the same.

Tech21 Impact Snap- Didn't fit perfectly on the phone itself and was slightly skewed out on the one side. Plastic felt cheap, very little grip and top and bottom sides were exposed (however most snap cases are like this).

CaseMate Barely There- Not bad at all, have been using it up until I received this CaseCrown. Only gripe is that the rubber textured coating has already started to wear off on the corners and edges after 2 or 3 weeks usage. Probably won't look great if you want to keep it long term. Also top and bottom sides are exposed here like the Tech21.

Cygnett Second Skin- Loose fit which was immediately noticeable. It's entirely soft rubber so this would only get worse through usage. Have used flexible cases in the past and should have learnt my lesson really as any dirt that get's caught between the case and phone will just flex and wear against it. Had this happen on my iPhone 4.

Regarding SwitchEasy- Avoid! Tried one on the iPad 2 that I had and that scratched like crazy. In fact any sort of shiny plastic backed cases I'd avoid as they'll scratch quite easy making it look terrible.

Sorry for the the long post, but just thought I'd share my findings as it might be useful for some. However, this is just my opinion. Some of you might have had a good experiences with the above cases :)

Last edited:

V_R

V_R

Soldato
CaseCrown Lux Glider - Black + MediaDevil Crystal Clear screen protector = Perfect combo (in my opinion)

Hmmm, I quite like that one. I agree with what you say about the Gear4 and Switch easy, had both, didn't like either of them.

Did you order it from Amazon or the bay out of interest? Ta. :)

Soldato
Hmmm, I quite like that one. I agree with what you say about the Gear4 and Switch easy, had both, didn't like either of them.

Did you order it from Amazon or the bay out of interest? Ta. :)

Ordered from Amazon :) I think there's only one seller on there and their CS is spot on. The first batch of these cases had issues with being too tight a fit so there was a delay on my order, but they kept me updated along the way. Took exactly 10 days to get here from date of dispatch so not too bad. I can safely say this new batch/revision is perfect.

Associate
That looks epic - where you ordering it from? I loved my Speck pixelskinHD case because of the differing gloss and matt back, subtle but very nice...

Looks ok doesn't it. Hope it looks as good when it turns up.

Just of amazon, free delivery.

Soldato
Cool. Can't decide what to go for between the knomo, joli and sena ultraslim pouches. Any strange person tried all three and have a view on which ones the better pouch? ;)

Soldato
Cool. Can't decide what to go for between the knomo, joli and sena ultraslim pouches. Any strange person tried all three and have a view on which ones the better pouch? ;)

Had a Sena on my 4, but got the knomo on my 5. Found the Sena did make slight marks on the metal band. The knomo is a better fit though and I don't think will mark.

Both good pouches, but the knomo wins it for me.

HAz

HAz

Soldato
Some cheep tat bumper has ruined my iPhone 5 black paint on the top, I bought it as the side are meant to be a weak spot but the piece of junk has destroyed it! Will post a pic in the morn.

Back
Top Bottom