**The iPhone 5 accessory thread**

Soldato
Some cheep tat bumper has ruined my iPhone 5 black paint on the top, I bought it as the side are meant to be a weak spot but the piece of junk has destroyed it! Will post a pic in the morn.

Ahh unlucky mate that's gutting. Show the results and where you got the bumper from so others don't do the same mistake.

Soldato
Some cheep tat bumper has ruined my iPhone 5 black paint on the top, I bought it as the side are meant to be a weak spot but the piece of junk has destroyed it! Will post a pic in the morn.

Sorry to hear that. But why would you buy a cheap nasty plastic case to stick on your £600 iPhone 5? These cheapo plastic cases not only make your phone look cheap and nasty, but potentially cause the damage they are supposed to protect it from.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Decided to order the Incipio Frequency, looks good, all good reviews.

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2012/10/01/incipio-frequency-iphone-5-case-review/

CaseCrown Lux Glider - Black + MediaDevil Crystal Clear screen protector = Perfect combo (in my opinion)

I took a punt this weekend and ordered both of these from Amazon. Should get the Incipio today, if HDNL can actually deliver something on time for once..... :eek:

The Lux will take a fair while longer though...

Will let you know my findings. It cant be any worse than the Switcheasy Nude Ultraclear....

HAz

HAz

Soldato
Sorry to hear that. But why would you buy a cheap nasty plastic case to stick on your £600 iPhone 5? These cheapo plastic cases not only make your phone look cheap and nasty, but potentially cause the damage they are supposed to protect it from.

well yea now I know that.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110954516...eName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/52857848/2012-10-15 12.06.50.jpg
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/52857848/2012-10-15 12.06.56.jpg
Sorry, pictures not big enough :p

just left them a neg too for this.

Last edited:
Caporegime
What Im surprised about is that I thought all the paint problems were regards the back middle and sides and not the 'standard' paint job. Kinda glad I sent mine back for refund as I just cant see how in a matter of days even a cheap case should do that kinda damage...

ps3ud0 :cool:

HAz

HAz

Soldato
What Im surprised about is that I thought all the paint problems were regards the back middle and sides and not the 'standard' paint job. Kinda glad I sent mine back for refund as I just cant see how in a matter of days even a cheap case should do that kinda damage...

no I agree and to be fair dirt caused that damage and all it was, was crumbs which got in behind, rather poor quality on apples behalf too.

Caporegime
no I agree and to be fair dirt caused that damage and all it was, was crumbs which got in behind, rather poor quality on apples behalf too.
Be interesting to see if the seller responds to your feedback as they seem to do so for negatives. Bet they dont though...

Honestly in your position Id try and see if you could get some help at an Apple Store, might get lucky and get a pity swap...

Associate
my 5 arrives wednesday, got the knomo leather case for it and really hoping mine doesnt end up like aboves, il be gutted as this is the first iphone i will of owned since the 3g.

Soldato
This is what I've got
http://www.geeknaut.com/images/2012/09/Photive-Hybrid-Bumper-Case.jpg
Hotlink!
After owning the official Apple bumper and the Cellaris bumpers on the 4, i'd say this is as good as the official product and only a 3rd of the price.. Plus it keeps my 5 nice and light and looking slick. Job done !

Just wanted to mention that after however many weeks since its launch, my iphone 5, which has lived only in its bumper (as pictured above) without any screen or back protectors, still looks absolutely brand new when i take it out of its bumper. It has not scratched or marked the aluminum in any single way. I guess the aluminum is very durable, which initially had me worried. Phone comes with me wherever I go. I'm careful to an extent, like it wont share the same pocket as a set of keys, but other than that, its picked up, put down, left on the seat of my car, even flown off it one time too... Not so much as a little chip or hairline scratch.

Soldato
Just wanted to mention that after however many weeks since its launch, my iphone 5, which has lived only in its bumper (as pictured above) without any screen or back protectors, still looks absolutely brand new when i take it out of its bumper. It has not scratched or marked the aluminum in any single way. I guess the aluminum is very durable, which initially had me worried. Phone comes with me wherever I go. I'm careful to an extent, like it wont share the same pocket as a set of keys, but other than that, its picked up, put down, left on the seat of my car, even flown off it one time too... Not so much as a little chip or hairline scratch.

Where did you buy the bumper from?

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I took a punt this weekend and ordered both of these from Amazon. Should get the Incipio today, if HDNL can actually deliver something on time for once..... :eek:

The Lux will take a fair while longer though...

Will let you know my findings. It cant be any worse than the Switcheasy Nude Ultraclear....

Got the Incipio yesterday, i really like it, which is good as i usually never like iPhone cases!

Will upload a pic later when i'm home. :)

Soldato
Anyone else had the thought that some phones had a better process of anodising than others?

Only reason I ask is yesterday I took off my Knomo case just for curiosity to see if any damage had occurred since I got it. Now there was some bits of rubbish along the sides and back, and the case is VERY tight fitting, so much so that I though I would be guaranteed a few marks getting it off as it's made of quite hard plastic, but mine is still absolutely perfect.

I just can't see how they can all be to the same quality given the state of the one in the above picture, either that or the inside of that case has sandpaper as its inlay :p

Last edited:

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I wondered that too, i've had mine since day 1 and its perfect, only yesterday did i finally put it in a case.

I did that serial number checker and IIRC mine was early, August maybe? I'll check again later and confirm.

Back
Top Bottom