**The iPhone 5 accessory thread**

Soldato
Model introduced: 2012
Serial number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Production year: 2012
Production week: 39 (September)

Mine is spotless and hasn't a scratch on it yet. I'm guessing the later it's built the better. September built got it October 8th to my house.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Model introduced: 2012
Serial number: XXXXXXXXXXXX
Production year: 2012
Production week: 34 (August)
Model Number: MD299
Colour: Black
Capacity: 32GB
Factory: C3 (China)

Thats mine, which is faultless. :)

Associate
Anyone else had the thought that some phones had a better process of anodising than others?

Only reason I ask is yesterday I took off my Knomo case just for curiosity to see if any damage had occurred since I got it. Now there was some bits of rubbish along the sides and back, and the case is VERY tight fitting, so much so that I though I would be guaranteed a few marks getting it off as it's made of quite hard plastic, but mine is still absolutely perfect.

I just can't see how they can all be to the same quality given the state of the one in the above picture, either that or the inside of that case has sandpaper as its inlay :p

I too wondered this, mine was perfect when I got it, used it without a case for a week or so, then (regretably) received my Switch-easy nude, which I used for about a week, I dreaded taking it off, as I was sure it had likely trashed the sides/back of my phone, but still not a mark on it, i'm sure it won't stay scratch free, but I've had absolutely no issues so far!

Soldato
Mine is spotless and hasn't a scratch on it yet. I'm guessing the later it's built the better. September built got it October 8th to my house.

Mine was pretty early on and is still spotless early August I think.

From what I've briefly seen, there was a period between August and September when the quality went array, perhaps when production was ramped up to meet launch demands?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Could you please take a photo once you get this case and your thoughts :)

I like the fit, it's very good. It's not as grippy as the 4gear, but not slippery either. The lip is plenty around the front to protect the screen. It's a frosted back, which looks good. It does show up little bits of lint/fluff under the case if there are any, but it doesn't really detract from the look. So overall pretty good for a fiver.

Here are some pics.

2012-10-17121024.jpg

2012-10-17120623.jpg

2012-10-17121232.jpg

2012-10-17120723.jpg

2012-10-17121257.jpg

2012-10-17121004.jpg

Associate
I wondered that too, i've had mine since day 1 and its perfect, only yesterday did i finally put it in a case.

I did that serial number checker and IIRC mine was early, August maybe? I'll check again later and confirm.

My Incipio came today, very pleased with it, I'll let you post pic's then V_R :D

Back
Top Bottom