**The iPhone 5 accessory thread**

Soldato
My carbon fibre case arrived today. It's so light and thin that it doesn't add any weight or bulk at all, I was worried it might crack but it feels seriously tough too! The fit is very good and I like the finish.

Now the bad points, as it's so hard and a pain to get on I worry it will scratch the anodized metal. Also the camera and flash cut outs are too small and the when the flash goes off I get no photo at all. I will be sending a complaint to them as for £42 I'd expect them to have thought of this.

I'll try to take some pics soon.

Soldato
Sorry maybe I've offended people here I didn't mean to. I totally agree with spending whatever is required to protect your £600 phone but that case just IMO you don't seem to get much for £35. Please note this is coming from a guy who regrettably bought a clear Switcheasy Nude for £20. I've been using the phone without a case the last few days I may risk it as the phone just feels too lovely in my hand without a case.

Caporegime
Sorry maybe I've offended people here I didn't mean to. I totally agree with spending whatever is required to protect your £600 phone but that case just IMO you don't seem to get much for £35. Please note this is coming from a guy who regrettably bought a clear Switcheasy Nude for £20. I've been using the phone without a case the last few days I may risk it as the phone just feels too lovely in my hand without a case.
You havent ;), but its quite a funny aside that your argument could be used by others to wonder why you spent so much on a (i)phone in the first place :p

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
Still believe the Case Crown Lux Glider is the best case I've seen/used. Coming in at roughly £13 delivered it's a bargain considering the quality and protection.

Commissario
I'm going to do exactly the same as I did with my 4 and 4S. A carbon fibre (3M) sticker on the back and nothing else. Both phones were in mint condition when I finished with them.

I've ordered one in silver already. Sorted.

Commissario
I notice that nowhere seems to have the USB to Lightning cable in stock however the online Apple store does have micro USB to Lightning adapters available. I have plenty of micro USB cables....

Soldato
I notice that nowhere seems to have the USB to Lightning cable in stock however the online Apple store does have micro USB to Lightning adapters available. I have plenty of micro USB cables....

I've seen them in quite a few O2 stores mate.

Si.

Si.

Soldato
Well I bought the Pinlo case for my iPhone 5 off that eBay seller, as I had one on my iPhone 4 and liked it. However the iPhone 5 case is so bad, I'm actually beginning to think it's counterfeit.

The material has a 'sand-like' feel, it doesn't fit like the iPhone 4 case does (half way up the right hand side the case protrudes out from the phone), it's not transparent like the other case, and there's no branding. Here it is pictured beside my iPhone 4.

PinloCases2.jpg

I've already taken it off and I'm going to return it for a refund.

Just received mine today... really like it.. there is no branding on the actual case but mine came in the official branded box with all the accessories so it looks legit to me..

I failed miserably to fit the screen protector, I can never get them fitted without looking rubbish. Might pop and get one of the matt finish protectors from apple. If I ask them will someone in the store fit it for me?

Associate
can anyone please recommend a good case for the iphone 5 (white)? I've used Incipio feather in the past for my iphone 4. Dropped my phone a few times and the case protected it well.

Cheers

Soldato
Just received mine today... really like it.. there is no branding on the actual case but mine came in the official branded box with all the accessories so it looks legit to me..

I failed miserably to fit the screen protector, I can never get them fitted without looking rubbish. Might pop and get one of the matt finish protectors from apple. If I ask them will someone in the store fit it for me?

Is this the one everyone is buying then? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PINLO-SLI...lePhonesCasesPouches&var=&hash=item2576239694

I notice it looks transparent in the photos on there, but the one posted here is completely different.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Thats the one i ordered, I thought it was crap, felt really bad, looked very low quality. There was no way i was putting my phone in it!

I sent it back and get a refund. Even though i didn't even use it, the seller actioned the refund and proceeded to tell me there was a scratch on it.

I keep meaning to post pics of the cases i've got. So far my favourite, and the one i use all the time is the Incipio Frequency Case.

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2012/10/01/incipio-frequency-iphone-5-case-review/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0098FKI3C/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=electronics

Associate
I just got mine recently.

http://www.spigen.com/cell-phone/apple-iphone/iphone-5/iphone-5-case-ultra-thin-air-series.html

Ordered it before the phone came out. One of the first to get it I'm told. My last few cases for iphone 4 as well have been the Spigen ultra thin air series.

Fits very well and you don't even notice the case. Love how the edges don't protrude up past the screen, so you can still swipe right to the edges of the phone.

Would show some photos with it on, but I dont have any other camera with me today.

Back
Top Bottom