The Irishman (Netflix 2018)

Everyman prices are like £17, it's ridiculous. Might do the Barbican if it's £6; just really frustrating as a Cineworld Unlimited member

Yeah they've gone up a bit... used to be like £10 or 2.50 extra for a sofa seat IIRC - though that was a few years ago back when I lived in Islington. Was a better option that going to say the Odeon etc.. which was about the same price if not more expensive.

Barbican is a no brainer - that used to be a fiver on Mondays and only £6 now.

Only watched 1/3 of it so far... bit underwhelmed at the moment. I guess I did have high expectations of it though, then again it is over 3 hours and so I could completely change my opinion of it .

Only watched 1/3 of it so far... bit underwhelmed at the moment. I guess I did have high expectations of it though, then again it is over 3 hours and so I could completely change my opinion of it .

Give it a chance, deffo agree with you, it's a slow start

The make up is fairly epic too I think :)

Everyman prices are like £17, it's ridiculous. Might do the Barbican if it's £6; just really frustrating as a Cineworld Unlimited member

£17 :eek: wonder how long they last

Just watched the trailer and I'm a bit concerned about it. I've never not enjoyed a Scorcese film but this de-aging technology that is being used in films is really distracting.

I watched Gemini man recently and that was really distracing, looked terrible

This however is miles ahead and didnt seem as obvious

We only go to Everyman for a special date night as it's a really nice experience but costs too much to be our frequent movie haunt.

Wanted to go watch this there but she has the bladder the size of one of those mini coke cans so she'd be needing a toilet break every 30 minutes.

Got the flu so ended up watching the whole thing last night. The de-aging thing was a little distracting in the beginning, there seemed a slight "floating" face thing going on. Nothing too bad, but I did notice it.

Also for a long film it didn't feel like something that's three and a half hours long. I've never been a huge Italian mafia film fan and could never finish Godfather films in one sitting, but this felt comfortable enough for what it is.

Watched this last night,Really enjoyed it didn't feel like it was over 3 hours like mentioned.
Its crazy to hear that Scorsese went to a lot of lengths to get financing for the film and most wasn't interested but Netflix snapped it up.
To be honest though, im glad it went that way,Few days at the cinemas then straight onto Netflix.

At the full run time it's definitely too long for usual cinema goer but surprised they haven't tried to make more money at the box office with this.

Wikipedia lists runtime as 209 minutes which must be the cinema cut, surely they could have had a bigger release for this with that.

Back
Top Bottom