The joy of being a landlord

Soldato
You just insisted everyone was supposed to exploit whatever situation they find themselves in, seemingly without realising how revealing that was about your approach to life.

You won't be able to comprehend this but the rest of the world isn't as exploitative as you've shown yourself to be
Landlording is a business that needs strict regulation because it's people's homes and livelihoods at stake. Hobbyist landlords wade in to these landlord discussions like folk with Ferrari keyrings thinking they're at the top table with the F40 owners.

Either stay on the side lines and earn your pittiful 6%, go big and do it properly, or be quiet. You lot are the frontline infantry of the big corps; it's about time you realised it.

• Haha
Reactions: NVP
Soldato
Nonsense

Edit: On second thought, I'm waiting for my sale to go through and I'm not a tenant so I actually have no vested interest in this anymore.

So maybe I am getting in the way. In that case I'm taking my money (minus capital gains rip off tax) and running. Laters :) :p
The only way to level the playing field is to remove the need for altruistic (lol) hobbyist landlords and their good will. How? Just regulate it so all landlording is to the same playbook.

Last edited:
Soldato
Landlording is a business that needs strict regulation because it's people's homes and livelihoods at stake. Hobbyist landlords wade in to these landlord discussions like folk with Ferrari keyrings thinking they're at the top table with the F40 owners.

Either stay on the side lines and earn your pittiful 6%, go big and do it properly, or be quiet. You lot are the frontline infantry of the big corps; it's about time you realised it.
You've replied to the same post twice instead of responding to my last post.

Was that ineptitude or because you wanted an excuse for not reading the article I suggested would help your current misunderstanding?

You seem to be struggling to grasp the point being made, and intent on deflecting instead.

The article actually explains why you're doing that.

Last edited:
Soldato
You've replied to the same post twice instwad of responding to my last post.

Was that ineptitude or because you wanted an excuse for not reading the article I suggested would help your current misunderstanding?

You seem to be struggling to grasp the point being made, and intent on deflecting instead.

The article actually explains why you're doing that.
You're just attacking me now because you realise you've done capitalism wrong. Enjoy your keyring/funsize/sample of being a big dog.

Soldato
You're just attacking me now because you realise you've done capitalism wrong. Enjoy your keyring/funsize/sample of being a big dog.
You've managed to confuse yourself so thoroughly - presumably there'll be a connection with the same flaw that led to you telling us you think you try and exploit every situation you find yourself in.

Are you most angry with the landlords charging the most they can or the landlords charging less?

Soldato
You've managed to confuse yourself so thoroughly - presumably there'll be a connection with the same flaw that led to you telling us you think you try and exploit every situation you find yourself in.

Are you most angry with the landlords charging the most they can or the landlords charging less?
I'm not angry, just lolling at you guys thinking you have a voice because you make 3% instead of 5% on a house you inherited.

Soldato
I'm not angry, just lolling at you guys thinking you have a voice because you make 3% instead of 5% on a house you inherited.
As I say, the article will help you understand your misunderstanding, but while we wait for you to read it...

Which landlords are you angry lolling at more? The landlords charging 3% or 5%.

(hint: the fact you're having to dodge the question to protect your worldview is evidencing just how rickety that worldview is)

Last edited:
Reactions: NVP
Soldato
As I say, the article will help you understand your misunderstanding, but while we wait for you to read it...

Which landlords are you angry lolling at more? The landlords charging 3% or 5%.

(hint: the fact you're having to dodge the question to protect your worldview is evidencing just how rickety that worldview is)
I'm lolling at hobbyist landlords claiming altruism in a thread about a real issue that exists.

Soldato
OP
Either stay on the side lines and earn your pittiful 6%, go big and do it properly, or be quiet.

Go calculate the cost of being between tenants. Not only the lost rent but the costs of evicting the existing tenant, the costs associated with reletting, and so on. It's often more cost-effective to keep the tenant.

Soldato
Go calculate the cost of being between tenants. Not only the lost rent but the costs of evicting the existing tenant, the costs associated with reletting, and so on. It's often more cost-effective to keep the tenant.
More of a jibe at 1 property hobbyist landlords piping up in this thread like they're in the club.

Soldato
It's a house of cards...

If you own a house outright that's one thing, but if you mortage yourself up on BTL houses, I can't see how you'd spin a profit, at least in the short term, and by short term I mean 20-50yrs.

The largest issue in the housing market right now is large companies, often owned by opaque overseas investors who can wait... But that's what the tories are all about.

Associate
The only way to level the playing field is to remove the need for altruistic (lol) hobbyist landlords and their good will. How? Just regulate it so all landlording is to the same playbook.
I don't think removing hobby landlords is the answer, but yes more regulation and centralised body's that can take action against landlords that don't follow said regulations.

Soldato
was talking to a guy down the road. his son airbnbs his place in Newquay and lives in converted transit van, makes enough to not have to work (but he does) guessing not a bad life and with some financial planning can pay it off pretty quick, think it pulls in 4k a month

Soldato
I don't think removing hobby landlords is the answer, but yes more regulation and centralised body's that can take action against landlords that don't follow said regulations.
To be clear I didn't mean remove the hobbyist landlords - I said to remove the need for the only "decent" landlords to be ones applying goodwill out of the kindness of their hearts. Everyone should be held to the same good quality standard.

Back
Top Bottom