The last game you completed, and rating (Console Edition)

Soldato
Assassin's Creed Unity. Loved it. Playing the PS4 disk unpatched at 60 fps on the PS5 was great. With the patch it's very rough. Solid game nice and short at around 17 hours. Decent story in an amazing setting. 8/10

Soldato
Death's Door. Totally my bag. Think old skool Zelda meets Dark Souls (but not as hard) with a sombre, chilled, Lost Winds type vibe. With a bit of Hyper Light Drifter. Comfy 9/10

Caporegime
Shadow of the Colossus - 1/5

Beat the last two Colossus this afternoon and my opinion of the game hasn't changed from the games you're playing thread, it's the single worst gaming experience I've had on the PlayStation.

The design of each Colossus is incredible, they're all unique and you really have to use your brain to try and work out how to beat them but most fights are made infinitely harder thanks to the worst control and camera system I've ever used in a game.

Add a completely lifeless world, devoid of creativity or anything to do and a ridiculously difficult map to navigate and whatever positives the game might have are pummelled in to the ground by sheer frustration and boredom. I finished the game in just under 9 hours but only spent 4 hours fighting the 16 Colossus, the rest of the time was spent driving in to trees, rocks and struggling to work out where to go.

I was planning to play The Last Guardian next but having read that's made by the same team and also suffers from the same camera and control issues I'm going to give it a hard pass.

Soldato
I really liked Shadow of the Colossus on the whole. Agree that the world was empty and the camera was terrible though.

But nothing compares to the bad controls/camera of The Last Guardian. Did my nut so much I just gave up on it.

Man of Honour
Jurassic World Evolution - 8/10

No idea how I missed this one for so long, I think probably due to the price, but now it’s on gamepass I thought, why not! Had a blast playing it. Sure the management aspect is slim and the stutter is infuriating, but it works well with a game pad and absolutely nails the atmosphere of the films. Most importantly the dinosaurs are done really really well and at the end of the day, isn’t that the point of this game. With so many other games on my list to play I don’t feel the need to pick up any dlc, especially with the stutter issue.

Associate
Death's Door 10/10

Very good game, has a Souls vibe to it. Lots of secret areas to explore, not as hard as a Souls game although the last boss killed me a few times. I even got the true ending, really enjoyed this.

The devs also did Titan Souls, which I can't find on any console so might have to fire the PC up for that.

Soldato
Death's Door 10/10

Very good game, has a Souls vibe to it. Lots of secret areas to explore, not as hard as a Souls game although the last boss killed me a few times. I even got the true ending, really enjoyed this.

The devs also did Titan Souls, which I can't find on any console so might have to fire the PC up for that.

I have TS in my PS library. It was free with PS+ in 2015 according to the app. Just checked it.

Associate
Ori Blind Forest

9/10

Another great game. The artwork, music and story are top notch. Would have been a 10/10 but I feel sometimes the game kills you on purpose. Example last chase scene, which I died quite a few times sometimes you can run and miss a flaming boulder the next time it will appear right when you jump. Then other times you just stroll right through.

Great game though.

Man of Honour
I’ve not played many, despite owning most of them on Steam. I’ve only ever completed Tales from the Borderlands and now the walking dead season 1, both of which are absolutely fantastic. Great sofa games.

Back
Top Bottom