The last game you completed, and rating (Console Edition)

Soldato
Dark Souls 3 - First Dark Souls game I have completed, after previously getting half way through Demons Souls back in the day and more recently Bloodborne. Not much to say other than it being a fantastic game 8.5/10.

I picked up Dark Souls Remastered after that but having played a few hours of it I think I'm done, it just hasn't aged very well that one. Will give Dark Souls 2 a go next.

Associate
Little Nightmares 2 series x 10/10

The visuals and gameplay were superb. Had some generally creepy parts. No idea what they can add to a series x/ps5 update though tbh.

Cracking game, much better than the first. Has a chapter select once finished for any missed pickups.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just finished God of War playing on PS5 at 4k60. Obviously fantastic game with visuals that match anything out on console at the moment. Cant wait for the sequel whenever that will be. 10/10

Hopefully Sony can pull their finger out and patch some of the other games in the collection that I'm hoping to work my way through.

Soldato
Jedi Fallen Order (Xbox series x / game pass)

I enjoyed it but did find the worlds a little boring and very samey with how to get around with the wall running, slopes, ropes and so on, it didn't really feel like a Star Wars game, more like Tomb Raider with some of the puzzles and how you explored. I also found some of the places very difficult to navigate just to get back to ship to continue story.

7/10

Soldato
The Medium - Series X 4/10

Snorefest I just had to power through as I hate not finishing games. Fixed camera angle was fine, there was just too little "game" to it, and the story was an indecipherable mess. Characters were wooden and the animation was even worse.

Hard pass on the sequels.

Last edited:
Associate
Hitman 3 - 8/10

More of the same really versus the previous installments of the series. First few levels are fantastic. Last couple as the story wraps up are a bit meh. Looks fantastic on Series X though.

Associate
Dirt 5 - 3/10

Worst one in the series for sure. Fun for an hour then just a grind.

WRC 9 - 8/10

Thoroughly enjoyable (Sometimes very challenging) game.

Associate
Super Mario World - Snes Mini Edition.

30 years old this year, but it's still got it. 30 years prior to the release of SMW Kennedy was still President, which gives a sense of perspective just how old this game is now.

Never had great graphics even on release, a very simple and small capacity game that gaming hipsters will still be playing in hundreds of years time, just like classical music today.

The gameplay is what holds up, just fun and simple platforming with great sense of inertia. Some levels are brutally hard later on but savestates make it a different and easier game on the mini, which is fine by me as I completed it legit on Snes back in the day.

Still a good game at 30 years old, was a 9/10 in 1992, I'd still give the Snes mini savestate version a 7/10 today.

Caporegime
Red Faction (PS2 version ported to PS4) - 8/10

I've had this game on PC for aeons but never played it because it doesn't have controller support, which is fair as it predates OG Xbox. But what a blast! It looks ghastly nowadays but it's still good fun.

Man of Honour
Journey to the savage planet - 6.5/10

Enjoyable enough with just a few moments of frustration and some great humour. Reminded me of a small scale NMS experience with some of the loneliness of Subnautica.

Soldato
Just finished God of War playing on PS5 at 4k60. Obviously fantastic game with visuals that match anything out on console at the moment. Cant wait for the sequel whenever that will be. 10/10

Hopefully Sony can pull their finger out and patch some of the other games in the collection that I'm hoping to work my way through.

Agreed, the PS5 really brings out the best in these games.. Check out Days Gone... It runs so smooth and personally one of my favs over the last generation.

Back
Top Bottom