The last game you completed, and rating (Console Edition)

Associate
MAFIA The definitive Edition - XSX
Rating - 7/10

Played this back in the day on PC, so was keen to re-play it. As an experience it is pretty decent, I really struggled with the controls as they seemed very sluggish with very little in the way of
options to customise, no adjusting of dead zones etc. I really enjoyed the story, whilst nothing new the cutscenes I felt really added to the overall experience. Great voice acting for the most part.
After playing the likes of RDR2 this felt like an empty world with very little interaction outside of the main storyline. Overall worth a playthrough but is a bit clunky control wise and does just feel
an old game with old game mechanics dolled up with new shiny graphics.

Man of Honour
Inside

Very much like Limbo with an even more menacing aesthetic and theme. Not particularly challenging and a slightly underwhelming ‘final final final end scene’ but otherwise would recommend for anyone looking for a short, dark and surreal adventure.

7/10

Soldato
Aye. I just hope there is a second game. :D

Just a bit of advice..don’t give up. The bike you start out with is a bit ****. But once the fuel tank is upgraded it makes it so much better.
I wish I got into this game, but I just found the story and the biker stuff really cringe and gave up.

Soldato
OP
Gears 5 Hivebusters DLC

3 hours of the usual gears action, but with s set of new characters that could be interesting but due to it being so short they don't get enough development.

Still a lot of fun and the abilities each character has is fun

Man of Honour
Gears 5 Hivebusters DLC

3 hours of the usual gears action, but with s set of new characters that could be interesting but due to it being so short they don't get enough development.

Still a lot of fun and the abilities each character has is fun

I think Gears should move to episodic content if Hivebusters is any indication of the quality. So much better than a full gears game full of padding and ideas from the chaff instead of the only the wheat.

Soldato
Cross-posting this from the PS+ thread:

I finished Maquette yesterday evening, really disappointed with it overall. Nice visual design but I feel like it failed to make proper use of the core concept of things you do to the model world being reflected in the 'real' one. Puzzle design would see-saw from blatantly making it clear what to do, to not making it remotely clear that you can do what it needs you to do. It was a bit glitchy and janky at times, became very linear towards the end (which didn't take long as it's very short) and the narrative/voice acting was utterly dire.

I usually love games like this but this was a flop for me. In some ways it reminded me of Ether One, which oddly enough came out direct to PS+ early in the PS4's life too. That had similar issues but was at least a bit more compelling to play, until the progress-blocking bugs got in my way.

5/10

Man of Honour
The main story of Squadrons 7.5/10

A little short, could have had a few more set pieces, but a lot better than I expected. Visually great, reasonable depth without being laborious, felt great on controller. Encountered quite a few bugs and it hates quick resume, performance quite variable. Would have preferred to have played a side of choice rather than being forced into each, but it does fit the story well. Would look forward to a sequel. Can only imagine how great it is in VR. Closest we’ve been to xwing vs tie fighter.

Dirt 5 - 5/10

Visually stunning at times, very average at others. A little too easy and arcadey. Very repetitive. It ran perfectly though. Perfect for game pass, but not one I’d be happy with if I had bought.

Associate
Ori and the Will of the Wisps

Beautiful looking game with lots of improvements over the first game, with side quests, speed trials etc added in. It can get quite frustrating though, around the chase bits.
Overall great game.

8/10

Soldato
Spider-Man Miles Morales.

6/10 was good until the end which was awful obvious it was developed as an expansion and released at full price as it’s very short. Looks nice and runs well but should only be £20 at most.

Associate
Yakuza 6

I like cut scenes, but this was even too much for me. Actually nodded off once. If you don’t like them, stay away from this.

I did like the efforts on translation. It was very lost in, in a funny way.

The backend of the game, I thought it would never end. On and on and on...

Erm, 4/10. Added an extra point as it was free off game pass.

Caporegime
Infamous 2, hard mode, platinum achieved, PS Now. 9/10

Still a fantastic game, really enjoyed two back-to-back playthroughs. Felt a bit janky/laggy at 30fps on PS Now at times though but nowhere near as maddening as Killzone 2 was.

Soldato
Haven. It's an rpg about a couple of young lovers making it on a deserted planet, pretty short. I was dubious but I ended up really enjoying it. The fantastic music went a long way in prolonging my enjoyment.

Man of Honour
Main story and some levels of the endgame of Outriders - 8.5/10

- great story, really picks up after the forest
- decent cutscenes
- runs great on the XSX, impressive load times, just a few visual artefacts in-game
- fun gameplay with plenty of difficulty options and approaches to play
- great selection of classes and build options
- free on game pass which is great for those who have it
- servers were a pain at times, but I didn’t get too affected
- end game expeditions are ok, but not as fun as the rest of the game (minimal variation in gameplay mechanics, usually rush based)
- I look forward to expansion/dlc content
- fun to dip in and out of occasionally in future
- fun solo or coop and both work
- level cap of 30 seems quite limiting, even though you can keep levelling gear.
- unpredictable variation in difficulty throughout the game

Caporegime
Victor Vran. 8/10. Turned out to be way better than I was expecting although it was weird hearing Geralt of Rivia’s voice in something other than The Witcher.

Caporegime
Detroit: Become Human 7/10

A fantastic glimpse into a possible future but I felt it dragged a bit at times or else it would have been an 8. I was getting choked up at the end! I really hope there’s some kind of sequel but I don’t think David Cage ever revisits his games.

Back
Top Bottom