The last game you completed, and rating (Console Edition)

Associate
FFVII Rebirth.

FFVII is one of my favourite games. Rebirth, the gameplay is padded out with a lot of minigames, some of which become quite tedious. 100% My own personal opinion, but there's one character's story moment that I was highly looking forward to that was flubbed compared to the original. But worst of all, I basically hated the way they handled the whole ending section and ending itself.

Overall...maybe 7/10. It's made me not look forward to pt3 very much anymore, which is a shame.

Soldato
Rarely play through any games these games but the last one was RE4 remake on the PS5. I remember buying a gamecube just for Re4 all those years ago and it was one of my favourite games of all time. The remake did not disappoint, nothing short of 10/10 for me.

As others above have said, all the remakes RE2, 3 and 4 are all brilliant, RE village was decent I enjoyed that too. Not sure 5 or 6 are worthy of remakes tbh.

Associate
I've recently finished the Mario RPG remake on the switch.
What a fantastic remake it is too! It's definitely easier than the SNES original due to a few very welcome quality of life improvements although I will say the final final boss was a fun change from this and needed a bit of strategy to work through.

I'm not a bit RPG fan at all but i've always had a soft spot for it, solid 9/10 for me :)

Last edited:
Associate
Returnal - absolutely stellar easily a 9.5/10 have to downgrade it slightly as it suffers with you being ever so slightly overpowered for the last level in particular. Visually stunning with a kicking soundtrack to boot absolutely worth a play if you have PS+.
Never did finish Returnal as it kicking my butt too much made me take a break from it lol maybe that should be my next game to finish up

Associate
Never did finish Returnal as it kicking my butt too much made me take a break from it lol maybe that should be my next game to finish up
It was one of the few games that I have played in the last few years where nothing really felt cheap and that if you died it was on you to improve. I absolutely loved the narrative behind you spending extra time to be in a stronger position by playing the previous biomes first or risking it and going in slightly under levelled. I still need to get some of the collectables so I can proudly hang up the platinum trophy for this one.

Can't wait to see what Housemarque come up with next.

Soldato
OP
Dead island 2 7/10

Fun mindless zombie slaying, can make some really fun weapons and using its fury mode was a blast too.

Robocop Rogue City 8/10

This was a hidden gem, short story but took on the movie vibes perfectly, didn’t out stay its welcome.

Some technical glitches in the graphics and had one hard crash but otherwise ran fine in quality mode on ps5

Associate
Sea of Stars - 8/10

What a brilliant little indie title which really evokes the nostalgia of classic sprite based JRPGs of the 90s.

Yes, the battles were pretty easy and repetitive by the end, and it was missing some of the mechanics of modern RPGs. But, the art style was great and the writing and characters were spot on dor the era. Plus the music was amazing! Proper Chrono Trigger vibes!

/Salsa

Associate
The Legend of Zelda - Tears of the Kingdom - 7/10

A lot of content in the game and I can see why people rate it highly, but I found it a little boring and tbh wasn't much into BotW either

Caporegime
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction - 7.5/10

Enjoyable, some familiar weapons but the aiming is a bit whack and takes some getting used to. Lots of different weapons/devices to use and there are a multitude of planets to explore as well. I would have given it a higher score but the boss battles were damn annoying. :D This is the first entry on PlayStation 3 so it still looks a bit pants compared to something that came later like The Last of Us. I guess things might improve as we go through the other PS3 titles such as Quest for Booty which is next.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty - 8.5/10

Short but fun! Only took about 3 hours to do, more like DLC for the above game. Now onto the third game, A Crack in Time.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack In Time - 8/10

Loads of fun with loads of collecting. Really liked the space ship sequences in this, exploring solar systems and moons. Knocked a point off for really annoying hover boot sequences though.

Just one more to go and then I can get going on Rift Apart.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
AC Mirage - 7.5/10

Took me a few goes to get into it, but I really enjoyed it in the end. Visuals and audio on point. Combat a bit naff. Story decent enough. Looking forward to the next AC game.

Caporegime
Ratchet & Clank Future: (Into The) Nexus - 9/10

I think this is on a par with the original, the weapons were great and the last gen PS3 graphics were the best they could be. Very short though! Only 5 planets and I felt like it could have done with a bit more. So literally it only took me most of Sunday to complete. PS+ Premium cloud streaming has been exemplary though. It never felt like I was playing remote.

Last edited:
Associate
Spider-man Miles Morales - 8/10

Thoroughly enjoyed this, good follow up to the first game. Couldn't believe how quickly I seemed to finish this, now onto Spider-man 2.
I'm not a fan of the whole Marvel franchise but I thoroughly enjoyed these games in particular PS+ sure does have some great titles on there for you to try and I'm glad I did as it was great fun, the animations and fluidity of the controls kept it fresh and entertaining. The load times on Miles Morales were really impressive.

Associate
I'm not a fan of the whole Marvel franchise but I thoroughly enjoyed these games in particular PS+ sure does have some great titles on there for you to try and I'm glad I did as it was great fun, the animations and fluidity of the controls kept it fresh and entertaining. The load times on Miles Morales were really impressive.

I haven't got PS+ but I might look into it when I've completed my next couple games if it's worth it.

I plan on playing through Spider-man 2 and then I've got God of War, assuming it's as good as people say I'll want to pick up Ragnorak as well. My list just keeps growing and growing though, I've still not bought FF16 and now 7 Rebirth is out.

Back
Top Bottom