The last game you completed, and rating (Console Edition)

Caporegime
Unpacking - 8/10

All the way through I'm thinking "what a load of bloody tat this person has, why are they keeping this ornament or that ornament? And all the shelves full of video games! Go digital for goodness sake." :D Personally, I'm very minimalist and keep barely anything.

Caporegime
Dark Pictures - House of Ashes - 8/10

Definitely the best in the series yet. It was very intriguing indeed for the last third.

The other scores
Man of Medan - 7/10
Little Hope - 5/10
Devil In Me - not played yet

Last edited:
Soldato
Spiderman 2

Enjoyable, though a little repetitive, my one minor gripe was it felt like all the major boss battles were all in the last half of the story, one after the other, it didn't let up.

Platinum took me 31hrs, would have been less but I had to do a load of crime fights around the city as I didn't have the Surge hidden trophy, was forgetting to use that ability during the story, so took a while to get that.

8/10

Last edited:
Associate
Resident Evil 4 Remake 8.5/10

Was fantastic to play a game which was already originally amazing in all its revamped glory. Looking forward to the RE5 remake as 5 was my personal fave, loved all the collectibles in that.

Just come back to this to get the platinum and do the DLC, fantastic game. It's either this or AC:VI for GOTY for me, despite it being sort of cheating as a remake!

Associate
Forza motorsport - series x

I completed the single player before the recent update, went back to do the additional stuff but just can’t take it anymore, uninstalled it. I’ve always enjoyed the Forza games but man this is awful.

Every race is exactly the same, it’s like zero effort or imagination by the developers, it’s actually insulting the time wasted playing this tripe.

10 years in the making? can only have took them 10 minutes to come up with that campaign.

2/10

Soldato
Finished Watchdogs 3 the other day - it ended up being quite a chore in the end, the curse of Ubisoft cookie cutter games imo. Got it cheap, so felt I got value for money, but wasn't overly sold on the story and characters - the recruit thing was a bit of a gimmick; as soon as I got a spy (who looked like Luther), I just stuck with them.

Tried the zombies mode a few times, but it's really geared up for MP, there's not a lot of point trying it solo - which is a shame, as I'm a sucker for zombies/end of civilization stuff.

Rating, maybe 5/10

Last edited:
Soldato
Forza motorsport - series x

I completed the single player before the recent update, went back to do the additional stuff but just can’t take it anymore, uninstalled it. I’ve always enjoyed the Forza games but man this is awful.

Every race is exactly the same, it’s like zero effort or imagination by the developers, it’s actually insulting the time wasted playing this tripe.

10 years in the making? can only have took them 10 minutes to come up with that campaign.

2/10

I was enjoying it at first, but it soon started to show how bare bones and boring it is, I tried to get my premium pass refunded, but played a little too much, oh well lesson learned again!

Soldato
As it was free recently I played Mafia II Definitive Edition as it was the only one that I had not played through. I was told it was the best out of the series however I didn’t think it was as good as the original or 3. Don’t get me wrong, it started off great and loved a lot of the sections but the ending was really disappointing. I expected to have some sort of follow through to the 3rd game where it’s explained how Vito ended up being a pretty low level mobster.

6/10

Soldato
FAR: Lone Sails on switch

its actually quite a nice relaxing puzzle come adventure game. Well worth getting on the eStore now that it's only £1.49. I also have FAR: - changing tides to playh which I think I will start once I finish hammering trails of cold Steel IV out

Associate
Spiderman 2 - 8/10

Looks fantastic, Ney York felt like a living city. Enjoyable enough gameplay, but a bit repetative having played the other two games and the boss fight spacing wasnt great.

Soldato
FAR: Lone Sails on switch

its actually quite a nice relaxing puzzle come adventure game. Well worth getting on the eStore now that it's only £1.49. I also have FAR: - changing tides to playh which I think I will start once I finish hammering trails of cold Steel IV out
It’s a brilliant little game I played it on the switch as well. Loved it.

Permabanned
I am waaaaaaay behind the curve but I’ve just finished Jedi Survivor on Xbox. I was looking for an 8/10 Star Wars game where I got to wave around a Lightsaber and I was pleasantly survived by Survivor.

The worst part of the game is the opening. It’s incredibly linear, some of the combat is frustratingly hard and a lot of the crucial action happens during cutscenes.

However, the game improves vastly once you reach the first real open world setting. The combat is fine but what I really loved about Survivor was exploring the planets and completing the puzzle challenges. I would expect a Star Wars game to be fairly light on content but each planet in Survivor is packed with detail and fun things to find.

I think one review called it the best Star Wars game in 20 years. That’s probably true but more of a dig at the general quality of Star Wars games than any great praise. The game is a solid 8.5/10 for me though.

The immersion is slightly broken by one of the desert animals in the game being called a spamel though.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Terminator

Short, nailed the feeling with the guns, story was very typical etc

Horrid dialog and didn’t care for any characters really

But mostly mindless fun 4/10

Associate
Picked up a Switch cheap, hadn't ever played one before but wanted to play Zelda: TOTK. Just finished it the main story quests, great game, 9/10. Will probably take a break and then do some of the side quests

Back
Top Bottom