The last game you completed, and rating.

Dishonored 2. 10/10. An absolute masterpiece. The level design is out of this world. The amount of freedom you get to play the way you want is brilliant. Emily has some really cool new powers, especially domino, which is insanely fun.

I completely disagree that it is too short. It took me just over 20 hours, by no means doing everything, and that was just right. Any more and it would have dragged.

Deus Ex: Revision 9.9 / 10.

All I'll say is that if you're a fan of the original, then definitely play this. The modding team have done a great job with improvements to the graphics & some aspects of the gameplay, and overall created a really polished experience. :cool:

Rise of the Tomb Raider

I found this one to have such high priase that i decided to give it a shot near launch and just couldnt get in to it. Tried several times since and only recently literally forced my self to get through it.

It got better towards the end, visuals were great as was the traversal but the shooting and story were so generic that it hampered the game for me

Probably 6/10 maybe a 7. The reboot made lara out to be vulnerable but this one was like gears of war, shoot shoot shoot!

:(

Legend of Grimrock 2 9/10.

+ much greater variety of places to explore than in the first game
+ very nice visuals all round, though I was especially impressed with the water & skyboxes
+ amazing value for money; my playthrough took me around 80 hours, though I am one for exploring & taking my time, so YMMV
+ pretty good variety of loot to be found, though most will always want more, myself included
+ very good ambient music
+ excellent performance, though I guess unsurprisingly given the 'weight' of the game
+ additional background information well presented

- a fair number of the puzzles were very hard, and in some cases I don't see how you would solve them without randomly hitting upon the solution,.....but it could well be me...
- if I'm being really picky, then I think they could have injected a wee bit more creativity with regard to the variety of monsters / a little too often where the odd instance of reused designs from the first game let it down a touch

I very much enjoyed the first game but this was even better! It's not that often people tend to say that about the follow up.

I really hope they make a third.

This is in the current humble bundle! Tempted

Deus Ex: Revision 9.9 / 10.

All I'll say is that if you're a fan of the original, then definitely play this. The modding team have done a great job with improvements to the graphics & some aspects of the gameplay, and overall created a really polished experience. :cool:

oh wow.. i had no idea there was a mod in the works.. what kind of changes have they made?

Mass Effect 3 and therefore the whole trilogy. Played them all one after another for the first time. Have to say I'm pretty and gutted and a little bit sad that the journey is over. Of course, I didn't pick any of the options so was presented with the ultra lame ending however I watched the others on YouTube and thought they were pretty cool. I'll miss all the characters... 10/10 - Epic gaming experience.

Brothers - a tale of 2 sons. Awesome and unique little game. Played with my own two sons (4 & 5) and whilst some parts were perhaps what some parents may have said were unsuitable, my boys were fine with it. It was a real adventure we shared together, taking turns using the controller and sharing our ideas for the little puzzles. An experience I don't think any of us will ever forget. 10/10.

The latest Hitman.... I think

I would give it 7/10 only because I picked up the game with all of its eps for £20
I had a lot of fun with the game venturing around trying to work out the best way to kill my target. The level design was well thought but my big gripe with the game was it was just a bit too easy. Kind of felt the game was holding my hand too much. Also I'm not sure if more eps are coming?

other then that it was 14 hours of good fun :)

SOMA - 8/10

Thoroughly enjoyable for the most part. Did get stuck in a couple places (but not quite "check walk-through" stuck).

Apart from a couple bits which felt downright unfair the game was well-paced.

Intelligent, sci-fi plot a bonus for those who like sci-fi (obviously), and actually made you think and contemplate things.

The Room Two - 6/10

A bit of a one-trick pony, and the first puzzle area was the worst as well. Some of the puzzles were 90's point-and-click illogical, and without the hint system I'd have been totally stuck in the first 30 mins.

Lacked a story, or music. Won't live long in the memory.

Last edited:
The latest Hitman.... I think

I would give it 7/10 only because I picked up the game with all of its eps for £20
I had a lot of fun with the game venturing around trying to work out the best way to kill my target. The level design was well thought but my big gripe with the game was it was just a bit too easy. Kind of felt the game was holding my hand too much. Also I'm not sure if more eps are coming?

other then that it was 14 hours of good fun :)
You can turn off all the hints and UI stuff.

Was at the pub with a few mates earlier and one of them had brought a friend along. Now, like all of us, this fella was an avid gamer but no matter what game anyone mentioned he'd always done better in it than you and had completed it on the hardest levels.

Was an absolute ****er when he found out that I was an EVE Online player, because apparently he'd also completed that on the hardest level too. :D

Here's an obscure one- Hydrophobia: Prophecy

iwBLG80h.jpg.png

It was one of the first 3D "AAA style but actually indi" game on the Xbox arcade I think (also got a £20 PC release). As a result it is short at 5h or so (it was meant to be the start of an epic trilogy, you know how it is...), only two characters with rubbish voice acting and the entire game is set inside a ship (i.e. crappy corridor levels). The story is woeful (The world is overpopulated, tech company running the show has a tech answer, some rebel faction wants everyone to kill themselves to stop overpopulation, and then there are nanobots, because of course there are)

However the corridor level design is also there because of the incredible water physics which is the main gimmick of the game (the premise of the game being a sinking ship). It realistically sloshes about, bounces off walls, creates waves, and if you open a door water will realistically pour out of / into the next room. The really nice bit is that the water level will eventually settle down- if one room is full of water and the next empty, open the door and both rooms will end up half full. You'll do standard watery puzzles (lowering raising water, putting floating things under crates to lift them up...) but the water physics are just so good I didn't mind. Actually, I take that earlier gimmick part back- it is better than that.

It has dull but just functional gun combat (which, to the games credit, is brought alive in the few underwater gun battles) and dull but just functional uncharted climbing sections for some reason.

Overall..... 6.5 out of 10. It's £3.99 (not on sale) so I'd say check it out if you in one of those "staring aimlessly at my game list in steam" moods.

https://youtu.be/Y5tr9piUNLI (part 5 of a walkthrough as the earlier parts don't make the most of the water physics)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/92000/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom