The last game you completed, and rating.

Soldato
Yeah i liked the start, and (much like a king novel) I should add it does have a cool story. but mannnnnn I ended up going through the motions a bit to unlock the next part. A different gameplay mechanic or something would have lifted it a bit
If you look at the development, it was originally supposed to be a pretty open world game, with the entire town to explore(they left some driving in for that weird section towards the end). It could have been amazing.

I agree it could do with another mechanic... Not sure what there is really a place for though tbh.

I would be interested in a sequel that continued where they left off. The chance has gone though.

Soldato
Resident Evil 5. Second play through of this after recently picking up the DLC but had to play through the game again to unlock them. So glad I did - I forgot what a great game it is if you put to one side why is was criticised (it's too action orientated for a Resident Evil game, I don't like the direction the franchise is heading, blah blah, etc.). Such a fun game - love all the cheesy OTT - doesn't take itself too seriously - awesomeness. Sheva's pins in the business suit are a sight to behold also! 9/10. Now on to these DLCs...

Associate
..... It could have been amazing.

I would be interested in a sequel that continued where they left off. The chance has gone though.

That does sound interesting. The main thing I remember from then was the dynamic weather which was pretty new for its time. In fact the whole game seems 'of its time'

I think as an industry we are moving forwards quite a bit even if sometimes it seems like we are stuck, if it were made now I reckon it would be a lot more varied.

As far as mechanics, not sure either. Just more variation in location, maybe some better rpg elements during the day time or something (yeah open world town thing)

It was like an old school shooter with less enemies and a cool story trying to fit in the same space - it was the max Payne people, correct?

-interesting - remedy are making a new universe, new game. So not a quantum break sequel (another game I haven't heard much about)

V F

V F

Soldato
I've never really realised how much games have been dumbed down after playing Crysis. Since most games have endless graphics over everything now and healthbars as well as quest directions and so on. Quite an eyeopener. Not forgetting all the button prompts what to do nowadays. :o

Associate
Just finished the Hearts of Stone expansion (9/10), if Blood and Wine is better than that I'm really in for a treat! However, I'm having a Witcher 3 break and I'm going to play Quantum Break as something completely different!

Caporegime
Arkham Knight. Completed with only a couple of hundred riddler challenges left, which I really doubt I can be arsed with, not when I could be having fun playing something else.

It was alright, but that's seriously damning after how good the first two games are. The batmobile was crap. There was literally no time at which I enjoyed being in the batmobile. I also thought the combat got a bit over the top at times. Arkham City was about my limit for how complex the combat could be - on the 360 I got the achievements I for pulling off combos with every move and gadget and so on. This was just too much at times.

It looked good, I guess, but gameplay wise it just didn't do enough and it was swamped with rubbish. Also even with a 970 it was a bit clunky at times and it crashed a lot in places.

Soldato
Completed a couple of short games recently.

The Walking Dead - Season 2:
I started off playing this mostly because I'd bought it and decided it was about time I played it (because I kept looking through my games list and seeing it). So possibly didn't go in with the best mindset. That said, I did enjoy the game. I didn't like the story as much as the first one but I still thought it was quite good. What I did like more than the first game was the feeling that some choices seemed to make more of an impact (not all though, some seemed almost pointless). Played the first game through twice so that made it quite clear how little impact so many of your choices had. I only played this game through once (possibly for the reason explained at the start), but I did YouTube to see the other choices. For a game where pretty much all you do is make choices I think having those choices feel impact-full is very important.
Overall - 7/10

The Banner Saga 2:
I got the first game free (AMD code I think) and didn't know much about it. Played it, loved it. Picked the 2nd one up when it was on offer but only just got around to playing it, was looking forward to it. It basically takes everything from the first game and then adds a few new things. Nice additions without reworking a mechanic you got to know from the first game. I think the story worked well, moved things forward and set up the third game nicely.
Overall - 8/10

Soldato
^^ You certainly complete/work your way through games pretty fast! :)

I tend to have 4 - 5 games on the go at any one time and then they usually all finish quite close together...

Just completed Prey this week - really enjoyed this excellent game, even the looting and crafting was really satisfying - I've no idea what the journo's over at PC gamer were smoking when they reviewed it - they said the combat was poor but I though it was great - perhaps it was too hard for them! Anyway I couldn't fault the game at all - 10/10.

Also completed Dracula The Resurrection (1999 click and point adventure) last night. Pretty cool little game that must have looked absolutely stunning back in it's day, still looks good IMO although it is slightly frustrating trying to find interactive objects at times. The story follows quite closely to parts of the original Dracula by Bram Stoker (which is an awesome read by the way once you get used to the old language) with the 3 female vampires encountered at the castle being a particular highlight for me. This is the first part of a trilogy sold as a bundle on GOG if anyone is interested. 7/10

On the last chapter of Cry of Fear so expect to finish that later today...

Soldato
Just finished the Hearts of Stone expansion (9/10), if Blood and Wine is better than that I'm really in for a treat! However, I'm having a Witcher 3 break and I'm going to play Quantum Break as something completely different!
Loved this. The scenes from a marriage quest (Or something like that) was probably one of the better quests across the series for me. Had a real feel of story throughout it.

I've dabbled in blood and wine, it's a different beast. More of a complete new tale for Geralt really, New land, it's huge. I too have yet to get through it but am thinking of just replaying the whole lot again in one go

Soldato
Quantum Break as a brilliant experience - it's hard to go from The Witcher to anything else but Quantum Break should be unique enough for you to be able to move on - keep thinking about having a second play through myself...

Soldato
Cry of Fear - what I triumph of a horror game this is. So many genuine chills of terror down the spine right up to the end of the game and even after 18 hours of gameplay. I don't think any other horror game gave me so many chills and the atmosphere throughout the entire game is fantastic. On a terror inducing level I'd say it's up there with Alien Isolation and Outlast. Given this game is a free stand alone mod of Half Life everyone should have a go at this. Loses half a point for some awkward controls in the rare but frustrating platforming parts in the game - 8.5/10

Associate
Prey 7/10

A strangle one - i went from loving it (Talos 1 is a fantastic creation) to getting very bored of it indeed. In the end it was hard to pick up and continue, I think it was the combat as it was average at best. It actually would've been a better game without it. The exact same thing happened with Dishonored as well which was by the same developers :/ a real shame as i wanted to like it.

Associate
Tom Clancy Wildlands - 8/10

A bit easy once you get unlimited drone air time and using your crew to take out baddies with near impossible shots. Regardless, on the 1080 Ti the game ran and looked BEAUTIFUL. Would highly recommend.

Caporegime
Prey 7/10

A strangle one - i went from loving it (Talos 1 is a fantastic creation) to getting very bored of it indeed. In the end it was hard to pick up and continue, I think it was the combat as it was average at best. It actually would've been a better game without it. The exact same thing happened with Dishonored as well which was by the same developers :/ a real shame as i wanted to like it.

Finding the same. Started of amazing but nearing the end now and finding it rather tedious/hard going to the point where I am just rushing through to get to the end.

Not to mention the game likes to crash a lot when I die and click load last save..... Also, rather annoying having to set graphics preset to very high every time you start the game up just to get the graphics/shadows/light shafts working correctly.....

Back
Top Bottom