The last game you completed, and rating.

Soldato
Deadpool - I wasn't expecting much from this given most reviewers gave it a bang average 6 out of 10 but I was pleasantly surprised by it. I just fancied something light hearted to play and the game really delivered. Played right through it with a smile on my face and I thought the combat was really cool and actually quite challenging towards the end of the game. It's perhaps still a bit expensive even at the Steam sale price of £14.99 given that it only takes 10 hours to get through the game but I don't regret spending the cash. 8/10

Associate
Prey 7/10

A strangle one - i went from loving it (Talos 1 is a fantastic creation) to getting very bored of it indeed. In the end it was hard to pick up and continue, I think it was the combat as it was average at best. It actually would've been a better game without it. The exact same thing happened with Dishonored as well which was by the same developers :/ a real shame as i wanted to like it.

Really? I just completed it for the 1st time and its been one of my favourite games I've played in a long time.....I loved Talos 1 and hunting for spare parts to make the sparse ammo...combat isn't amazing, but I thought it was a brilliant game. 8.5/10 for me.

Soldato
Psychonauts (2005). Had this little gem of a game recommended to me by some guys on the GOG forums where it has a cult following. It's essentially a 3D platformer but is completely original in it's story and execution - highlights included setting fire to squirrels and trying to rescue the kids from the camps brains that had been extracted by a psychotic dentist! Designed by Tim Schafer (of Grim Fandango, Day of The Tenticle, Monkey Island) the obscure cartoon style of the graphics mean that it doesn't really look that dated - so much so that for the apparent sequel planned for release next year, I don't think they will be able to make the game look that different without changing the soul of the game - unless of course they do something drastic like what Beyond Good and Evil 2 looks like it's shaping up to be but personally I'll be a bit disappointed if they go down a similar road. Anyway - this game was so refreshing to play, there just aren't many games made like this anymore - 8/10. And by the way - it's going for 90% off at 69p at the minute on the Humble Store!! https://www.humblebundle.com/store/psychonauts?hmb_source=search_bar

Oh and this is another old game that supports 3440x1440 resolution natively...

Last edited:
Soldato
Psychonauts (2005). Had this little gem of a game recommended to me by some guys on the GOG forums where it has a cult following. It's essentially a 3D platformer but is completely original in it's story and execution - highlights included setting fire to squirrels and trying to rescue the kids from the camps brains that had been extracted by a psychotic dentist! Designed by Tim Schafer (of Grim Fandango, Day of The Tenticle, Monkey Island) the obscure cartoon style of the graphics mean that it doesn't really look that dated - so much so that for the apparent sequel planned for release next year, I don't think they will be able to make the game look that different without changing the soul of the game - unless of course they do something drastic like what Beyond Good and Evil 2 looks like it's shaping up to be but personally I'll be a bit disappointed if they go down a similar road. Anyway - this game was so refreshing to play, there just aren't many games made like this anymore - 8/10. And by the way - it's going for 90% off at 69p at the minute on the Humble Store!! https://www.humblebundle.com/store/psychonauts?hmb_source=search_bar

Oh and this is another old game that supports 3440x1440 resolution natively...

Funnily enough, was tempted by this recently. It's also 69p on steam and I did mean to grab it so thanks for the reminder!

It's somewhat of a cult classic, just came out at a bad time and didn't sell well although it was received amazingly by critics etc

Soldato
Well heartburnron you have just cost me 69p so it better be worth it :)

You seem to have a similar taste in games so im sure it will be, herd a few good things about it.

No doubt you will - it's just a great laugh, there aren't that many games around that don't take themselves too seriously - you'll be sucked in after the intro for sure... hope you enjoy it.

Soldato
Well heartburnron you have just cost me 69p so it better be worth it :)

You seem to have a similar taste in games so im sure it will be, herd a few good things about it.

If I had to describe Psychonauts in one word, it would be "genius". There are a lot of AAA games that should aspire to be as fun, inventive, original, clever and entertaining as Psychonauts.

Associate
I can't wait to play that psychonauts, it's been on my list for a while.

He made a vr thing as well to bridge the gap between 1 and 2, which is coming out in '18.

I caved and bought tales of berseria to add to the big list

Edit* god I hope they don't do a beyond good and evil... That monkey character. What

Last edited:
Associate
Funnily enough, was tempted by this recently. It's also 69p on steam and I did mean to grab it so thanks for the reminder!

It's somewhat of a cult classic, just came out at a bad time and didn't sell well although it was received amazingly by critics etc

It was a great game, shame I only have it for Xbox, otherwise I would replay it. I did hear that they are making a second game.

Soldato
Tekken 7.

I technically haven't "completed" it as I just play online, hardly touched the tacked-on storyline but I think I've played enough to rate it.

It's a solid 8.5/10, looks and plays great. Would be a 9 if the online was better, I still have connection problems.

It could even be a 9.5 but the characters are balanced for pro-level play only which means if you're not very good, like me, you'll get constantly pwned by some easily abusable characters unless you have superhuman reflexes, which might be occasionally frustrating. It takes a lot of time to get decent at this game and I don't think I have such motivation so I'll just play it casually.

Soldato
Rakuen

If you liked To The Moon, this is similar on a base level however theres a lot more going on here imo. The sound track is spot on (gutted i didnt grab that too), and the story is very strong. Its emotional, Funny, and charming throughout and towards the end things really fall in to place.

My only MINOR gripe would be certain parts did feel a bit overly fleshed out for lack of a better term, in terms of exploration/back tracking to achieve a few objectives. it wasnt to bad as to ruin the overall pacing but any longer and it may have become more of an issue for me personally, i have the attention span of a goldfish with games sometimes. My completed playtime was between 8-9 hours, i think the experiance could have be condensed slightly to 6ish hours. Stick with it however, and it truely pays off.

Still amazes me how a game/story delivered in this way destroys most AAA big budget releases of today! Impressive!

Soldato
Bioshock Infinite - 8 or 8.5/10. Rather short.
If ever a game warrants a second play through though it's Bioshock Infinite - it's like one of those films with a complex story where you pick up so much more watching the second time around now that you're more aware of what's going on. The Buried at Sea DLC is also really good - more stealthy gameplay which I'm not usually big fan of but the story is great.

Last edited:
Associate
If ever a game warrants a second play through though it's Bioshock Infinite - it's like one of the films with a complex story where you pick up so much more watching the second time around now that you're more aware of what's going on. The Buried at Sea DLC is also really good - more stealthy gameplay which I'm not usually big fan of but the story is great.

That is on my to-do list, I also need to buy the DLC content.

Soldato
The Typing of the Dead Overkill. This was a real good laugh - if you've never heard of it, it's basically an on the rails shooter like the old Sega arcade games only you type the words as they come on screen to shoot the zombies - if you're too slow or make too many mistakes then the zombies strike you and you take damage. It's also done in the style of the 70s/80s B movie / grindhouse type films so definitely not for the kids to play. It was really good and fun and so satisfying to play once you got 'into the zone' with your keying but I guess you need to be able to touch type to play it. Definitely recommend it if you can touch type - if you need to look at the keyboard when typing then you probably wouldn't be able to get through it. 8/10

Back
Top Bottom