The last game you completed, and rating.

Soldato
If ever a game warrants a second play through though it's Bioshock Infinite - it's like one of those films with a complex story where you pick up so much more watching the second time around now that you're more aware of what's going on. The Buried at Sea DLC is also really good - more stealthy gameplay which I'm not usually big fan of but the story is great.

Agreed, replayed it on 1999 mode and it was a blast. I really love the settings of these games.

Soldato
Dreadout. Asian style ghost story that absolutely delivers some genuine chills and moments of terror. Some of the puzzles are really clever, others a bit frustrating in that they're not obvious. The game isn't perfect but of you're a fan of horror games it's definitely worth checking out - I certainly won't ever forget the experience. 7/10

Last edited:
Associate
Mass Effect Andromeda 7/10. A decent game is buried beneath the dross of repetitive open world side missions, fetch quests and bugs. Unfortunately you have to dig quite deep to find it. I enjoyed all the loyalty missions though, and felt the game improved as it got towards the end with some satisfying payoff and intriguing mysteries remaining. The combat is also probably the series' best. That makes it all the more frustrating that a sequel appears unlikely, as despite the game's flaws I really would like to see where the story would go from here.

Last edited:
Soldato
Prey - Loved it. The atmosphere, storyline, gameplay etc, was just what I was looking for. 9/10. One point deduction because I felt overpowered toward the later half of the game, despite being on the highest difficulty setting. I can only hope that we see a sequel / prequel.

Soldato
Just completed Broforce. Been playing the campaign with my 4 & 5 year olds boys over the last year and have to say this is the most fun we've had with any local multi-player game (albeit there aren't that many around). It's just so crazy and intense all the time although the boys get very excited playing it and the sessions get really loud so half an hour at a time was enough for me sandwiched in the middle of them! There's a brilliant feeling of camaraderie though, especially when you've been stuck on a level for ages and one of you, with the end flag in sight, speed runs - jumping and shooting like a manic trying to reach the ladder dangling below the helicopter which signifies completing the level - queue the awesome electric guitar music and high fives all round. Pure gameplay. Pure fun. 10/10

Soldato
Tales from the Borderlands. Oh man this was so, so good. For some reason I kept putting off picking this up even though I'm a big fan of the Borderlands game. I'm not quite sure what was stopping me, maybe I doubted that they could make a good enough story out of it or something but oh boy was I wrong. The characters in this are so endearing and the story was really cool - this is hands down my favourite Tell Tale game to date and I implore anyone who likes this type of game to give it a shot even if you don't know or like the borderlands games. What an adventure. 9/10

Last edited:
Associate
LA Noire - 5/10

I actually went into this game really enjoying it. The setting was great, loved the music, loved the gameplay.... The gameplay. Now this is where the problems for me began. Interrogations are cool to begin with but it gets boring quickly. Also the missions are all very, very similar in what you have to do. The story also seemed to become a little nonsensical. The game felt very more style than substance for me.

Soldato
Tales from the Borderlands. Oh man this was so, so good. For some reason I kept putting off picking this up even though I'm a big fan of the Borderlands game. I'm not quite sure what was stopping me, maybe I doubted that they could make a good enough story out of it or something but oh boy was I wrong. The characters in this are so endearing and the story was really cool - this is hands down my favourite tell tall game to date and I implore anyone who likes this type of game to give it a shot even if you don't know or like the borderlands games. What an adventure. 9/10

I enjoyed this sooo much - Really hope there's a sequel on the horizon!

Associate
Played

The Legend of Heroes : Trails in the Sky - 107 Hours 04/06/2017
The Legend of Heroes : Trails in the Sky SC - 115 Hours 24/06/2017

Just finished

The Legend of Heroes : Trails in the Sky 3rd - 86 Hours Today

Bought in the last sale and was as good as the first two following a story with Kevin rather than Estelle. Was good fun and really would like another in this series. 8/10

overall trilogy 10/10

Associate
Just finished playing through the two DLCs for Dishonored, The Knife of Dunwall and The Brigmore Witches. They're one story, three missions each, playing as Daud.
Love the Dishonored series and I'm eagerly awaiting Death of The Outsider.

9/10
each.

Soldato
Ghost Recon Wildland - 6/10

Pro's
  • World is absolutely stunning when cranked up, up there with best looking games I have played
  • Sound effects for most the part are pretty decent and 5.1 is immersive as hell
  • Landscape is varied thanks to the multiple and massive regions
  • Combat is pretty good fun and at times brutal and challenging.
  • Playing Co-op is lots of fun

Con's
  • The world while massive at times just feels so empty and sparce, some regions are KM's of just empty space.
  • A bit like assassins creed with loads of collectables
  • The main story itself is very light, rather a lot of the background detail is hidden in the collectable Kingslayer files which means attacking the same cookie cutter outposts 10 times per region.
  • The cars drive like boats, seriously they are awful
  • Driving cars on any map and taking shortcuts for most the part is madness as there are rocks everywhere! helicopters pretty much become the main mode of transport very quickly.
  • The main story missions are for most the part so straight forward, in some cases its a matter of sitting 200m out, using a drone to listen in for 10 seconds and that is one mission done.
  • You need to do the same missions in the regions over and over to level up your rebel allies.

In all its an decent game, the action is solid and the game looks stunning. But for most the part, the devoid world, most content being in background files and main missions of the primary story being weak is boring. They probably could have done with losing some of the regions to be honest and focusing on making a more dense world.

Associate
Monochroma

I enjoyed this short puzzle platformer. A little over 4 hours to complete, but I enjoyed it. Some clever puzzles, perhaps mostly too easy though. I liked the sound on it, it worked very well. I would give it a 6/10 for the type of game it was.

Soldato
Tyranny - 5/10

Pillars of Eternity ( from the same studio ) was great, an easy 8/10 - this was such a bore fest of dialogue choices i was glad to finish it

glad i only spent a tenner on it

Yeah, I couldn't get through it, despite loving Pillars. It was doomed from the start. I remember Obsidian hyping it before release saying there has never been an RPG where you played the bad guy before...Turns out there was a reason for that. It is boring and takes away too much choice from the player. A failed experiment

Man of Honour
Might aswell finish with the other games i finished recently.

Watchdogs 2 - 7/10 - knew what to expect from the first one, and didn't disappoint - obnoxious characters , but a decent few hours/£ - one for the open world completionists

Mass Effect Andromeda - a solid 9/10 - decent story and chars - Grab it for £15 if you want to waste a decent amount of hours for your money

Obduction - 7/10 - weird, enjoyable and confusing at the same time. Picked it up in the Steam sale and worth it. Minus 1 point for the Gauntlet puzzle - Really?? How the **** could you work that out without Googling !

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom