The last game you completed, and rating.

Soldato
Which of the origianals is the best? Ill buy doom 2016 and one of the old ones and compare them.

All are good tbh. Also try the Brutal Doom mod which is probably best version of Doom out there :)

Final Doom is optional. It's also a lot harder than 1 and 2. Nightmare mode in it is ridiculously tough.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Steamworld Dig. 10/10. Spent all yesterday playing it. Once I started, I couldn’t stop. Today I bought Steamworld Dig 2. It’s even better than the first one. Best £10 I ever spent.

Associate
Dragon Age Inquisition - GOTY Edition

What a fantastic game. With all the DLC included I spent nearly 200 hours playing this game!! Took 1/2 point off because once you level up past level 25 all the enemies/bosses are easy kills. Def worth a buy for $10.

9.5/10

Soldato
Arkham asylum. 8/10

Had played it years ago but just bought a bundle of asylum, city and origins.

Had only played asylum before and fancied a refresher before moving on.

Love the combat. Strong armed the stealth a bit, would get an easy knockout then put explosives, boom, two knockouts, explosives etc.

Getting around is sometimes a bit frustrating i felt.

Didn't bother with all the secrets and probably won't, want to see city!

Associate
Brothers: A tale of two Sons 8/10

I think I bought this in a steam sale a few years ago and never picked it up! determined to get through some unplayed games and decided to give this a run.

After realising it should be played with an Xbox controller I plugged mine and started to play. The level designs are fantastic and the graphics look very pretty.

I liked the story line as well but the only downside was it was a bit short and i didn't have too much difficulty getting through the game.

it's definitely a sitting on the couch by a fire drinking whisky sort of game :D

Soldato
Trying to get back into PC gaming with some quick games that don't require massive time commitments:

Rogue Trooper Redux. A remastered version of the 2006 title starring the character from 2000AD. A third person combat action game with a lot of story movies to explain what's going on. While it doesn't look bad, the age of the original game shows through. The single player is pretty short (5-7 hours), but it does feel like playing a story in the comics run. Not bad, but nothing worth paying any significant money for unless you really are a fan of the character.

Hob. The game that brought down Runic, by not being Torchlight 3. An utterly beautiful adventure platfomer, with puzzles and a bit of combat. There's no dialogue or explanation, and you have to try and figure out what's happening and what you're supposed to be doing as you try to save the world. Combat can be a little clunky, and some design choices can be frustrating (save/respawn points, and places where keyboard/mouse is not well suited to the camera angles). There's a lot of exploring, a massive map, but a little more polishing could have done the game some good. It also needed a little more guidance to the player as you spend a lot of time wandering around trying to get to places that can't be reached until you go off and solve other puzzles first as the map moves and reconfigures as you play the game. It speaks volumes that I wanted to give up on the game several times, but also wanted to finish it to see the environments and get to the ending of the storyline.

Man of Honour
We Happy Few

I liked it. Was intrigued by the kickstarter and liked the aesthetic they came up with. The early access... Hmmm.... Not so good.
However, the full release was significantly better.

There's a few odd bugs, but overall it's fun.

Soldato
Just this second finished Dishonoured 2 as Corvo with a clean hands/low chaos run.

Fantastic game. Great setting & art direction. The storyline is first rate and the characters are interesting. The only of gripe I've got is that the ending is pretty short, and (although this isn't the games fault) with the confined areas it doesn't do super widescreen very well.

Need to decide whether to do another run through with Emily or go onto Death of the Outsider now. It's a nice decision to have to make :)

Soldato
Just this second finished Dishonoured 2 as Corvo with a clean hands/low chaos run.

Fantastic game. Great setting & art direction. The storyline is first rate and the characters are interesting. The only of gripe I've got is that the ending is pretty short, and (although this isn't the games fault) with the confined areas it doesn't do super widescreen very well.

Need to decide whether to do another run through with Emily or go onto Death of the Outsider now. It's a nice decision to have to make :)
Sounds ace, I'm just wrapping up my first playthrough of Dishonored. I'll probably go straight in for another run now I understand the mechanics better!

Soldato
I found Emily really fun to play. Went through without killing anyone. One day I'll play as no powers Emily, that will be interesting.

Still haven't been through as Corvo. When I do I'm gonna kill anything that moves!

Dishonored 2 is even better than the first imo... I didn't think that was possible.

Soldato
last game i completed..... Xcom the bureau (yes really) going on achievement dates it only took me 5 years from start to finish :)

it is a fairly generic third person cover based shooter however i like the squad controlling (though the ai did drive me nuts on occasion) but given it is regularly for sale for a couple of quid it is worth a buy at that. it supports physX too, not many games do.

i have dishonoured... have never played it tho.... maybe i will install it.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Divinity 2

Nice story, combat takes to long due to animations taking ages and ages, the AI taking ages and ages. In the end i ended up dumbing down the difficulty just to speed things up and just Nuke things down quicker.

7-10 Not as good as the first one.

Associate
Battletech

Nice turn-based strategy with good game-play based on my fave Mech IP. Campaign is straight-forward but for me it has a lot of replayability as you can continue to build your company of mechs and mechwarriors.

8/10 Looking forward to the DLC

Back
Top Bottom