The last game you completed, and rating.

Soldato
Dirt Showdown 4/10

+Good performance
+Demolition Derby type events are fun on occasion for a change
+A few of the Legend tier events are kinda OK

-Feels a bit lacking graphically, some nice background effects like fireworks etc but the core track/vehicle visuals don’t feel up to the standard of previous games in the series
-Viewpoints are a bit lacking, the HUD also leaves a lot to be desired (no speedo, map etc)
-Dull events i.e. no rally, trailblazer etc.
-Quite a short game only lasted me 4.5hrs behind the wheel
-Cars feel slow even when they have a high power rating – you seem to hit the redline very quickly
-No tuning options
-Short races, only one lasted over 6mins. Don’t get me wrong I start getting bored after about 15mins / 4 laps of a race in most driving games but a bit of variety would have been nice
-Feels like a Wii game? Kinda all dumbed down as though it has been designed for pre-teens
-Handling is a bit off, the cars don't feel like they are properly connected with the track, as though you are permanently driving on ice or something

Overall I’d say this is probably the worst Codemasters racing game I’ve played on PC (comparing to CMR, Dirt, Grid, TOCA series etc)

Every single one of your negatives are the very reason why I love this game.

I guess I don't see it as a stand-alone game, but rather a fun DLC to DiRT 3 that allows the player to jump into the fun and carnage within the same platform. The stand-alone feature doesn't require players to install the full game, which is excellent, especially if you've completed the full version.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Saints row 3 Co-op all missions and 75% side content..

Was about 30h over a VERY long time.....

Was as mad as a box of Cats and sawdust - 9/10 Laughed so much... More games need tor be this silly. 4 is out soon... wonder if it will be as good.

Soldato
just cause 2. obviously i haven't 100% cleared it - i don't think anybody is that insane. :eek:

i'm at 82% and i've had enough. :p

pros-
-looks great and performance is amazing even on my measly setup
-grappling hook is awesome for getting around quick
-it's just good mindless fun.
-it was strangely addictive 100% completing locations even though it was very repetitive. :p

cons-
-after completing the storyline, i simply had to use cheats. i don't believe anyone can think about playing mercenary mode and clear locations to 100% unless you have unlimited ammo. i tried it and it was just tedious running out of ammo and having to run away all the time. this is the only game i've ever felt the need to cheat at. :o
-although beautiful to look at, there is no character. everything is repeated and it gets dull after awhile
-vehicle handling. WTF? this has to be the very worst game i've ever played in that respect. and the speed of aircraft was so slow. for a map this size, it's criminal how bad this is. i simply used the extraction feature to get around, sometimes used a hijacked heli for a bit. and what about driving vehicles uphill. they practically grind to a halt. why go for realism here when the rest of the game is so over the top. it just ruins it. :/
-voice acting. i know it's intentionally bad but why? it would be much better if they did it properly. or at least if they were going to make it bad like they did, why not make it funny? i don't think a single word of dialog made me smile.

Soldato
Dishonored - The DLC, Knife of Dunwall. 9/10.

Only stopping short of giving it 10/10 as I didn't want it to end and thought it could have been a touch longer. Awesome game, Brigmore Witches shaping up to be even better.

AMG

AMG

Soldato
Tomb raider
8/10

pros
I felt dawn to the characters and the story interested me
Looks stunning
Plenty to see and do without going over the top, althrough its very much liner.
Reminds me of Farcry 3 in terms of Lauras progression
Still manages that tomb raider feel of discovery and adventures, but got action originated this time around...thankfully.
Gets better ( and at times easier) as it goes along, when you first start off Its a bit hard to kill and to get to hard to reach places to start off with. But I never felt like I was overwhelmed ethoir.

Cons
Performance particularly with every on and maxxed
I had driver issues were graphics corruption occurred on occasions. Fixed with the latest update. This puzzled me because the driver set I was using had tomb raider on the list hmm.
In certain areas the damm bad guys keep re spawning, which slows you down from trying to get 100%

Soldato
Just finished Project Snowblind, a 2005 game with dated graphics to match but it was a most enjoyable game and it reminded me of games from the past where there were lots more levels than games have today.
Similar augmentations to Crysis games with Ballistic Shield, cloaking,Electrical Storm plus loads more & various weapons, only downside was no quicksave & no autosave so you had to find the location of a room with savepoint in it with often long distances between, often found myself back tracking to the last save point after killing loads of enemies rather than risk losing all my progress. Anyone else played it recently?

Soldato
I finished Thomas was Alone last night as well(on the vita) loved it. 10/10...I cared more about these tiny blocks than I did about most characters in modern games nowadays!... Forget the bland characters you find in Tomb raider, Skyrim, uncharted, splinter cell etc, I'll take these little guys every time:)

Can't really give a proper review of it tbh.

Soldato
Just finished Dead Space 1 and 2. 8/10x2
Really enjoyed both of these. Great game play and some really nice weapons. Loved using Kinisis, 1 shot kill. Played both games twice, second time was better, once I got used to the weapons and found what worked best for me. Can`t believe I have`nt played this earlier. Now off to play 3, not sure how much I will enjoy this one, as they have changed the weapon and upgrade system, from what I have read.

Associate
REMEMBER ME- not bad at all, would not pay full price tho. interesting world and story for one time, not very long so you don't get bored.

DEAD SPACE 3 COOP- love DS since part 1 and coop future was awsome, still scary at places, 15-18h gameplay on impossible with all side missions. good graphics and new weapon mod.

Associate
tomb raider

9/10

im not much of a tomb raider fan but after a few recomendation's decided to give it a go and so glad i did.

pro's:

- characters are good and u can connect with them (espically if u collect all the book and script items)
- very pretty game
- loved the open world and movement on the game very smooth and the world was fun to explore so much so i spent a lot of hours going around exploring and managed to get all the collectibles without having to free roam after completion.
- decent length
- level size is about right for me
- enjoyable story line,good upgrade's,collectibles.

cons
-graphics glitch in only a few places which made me remove my overclock which did nothing but it went away quickly so didn't spoil my enjoyment

Far Cry 3 - Blood Dragon
8.5/10

i enjoyed this a lot loved the hilarious 80's style and jokes,some great one liner's coupled with using far cry 3 engine was a winner for me

"we don't mow lawns we mow lives"

Last edited:
Caporegime
REMEMBER ME- not bad at all, would not pay full price tho. interesting world and story for one time, not very long so you don't get bored.

Glad somebody else enjoyed this, I thought it had a really interesting little storyline. They could have spent a bit more time introducing the "World" of the game as certain aspects were a bit vague.

Completed it on Hard. Can't see my playing it again in a hurry though. Combat was decent enough though it was similar to Arkham Asylum/City but perhaps not quite so responsive.

Loved the memory remixing bit, particularly towards the end of the game (very clever)

Picked it up for £17ish in the Steam sale and got about 10 hours out of it.

Back
Top Bottom