The last game you completed, and rating.

Mafia 2

I wasn't looking forward to it as I was one of the rare people who didn't like Mafia 1 but I got it free from the C&VG promotion so.. it turns out it's actually very good, it's a little too closed World and linear (unless I'm missing something) I think there's only one mission where you can do what you like and that's towards the end of the game (i.e. if you go to ask for missions from the docks or car scrapyard after you've finished a mission but before you go to bed then they say they have nothing for you).

Graphics wise its very good and I do think it has a lot of potential if they made it more open World like GTA / Sleeping Dogs / etc.

Anyway it's a 7.5/10 and would be a lot higher if you got to do what you want more often.

M.

Managed to clear a few out of my backlog in the last month.

Mark of the Ninja: 91%
Dead Space - 82%
Dead Space 2 - 93%
Dead Space 3 - 62%
State of Decay - 76%

So disappointed with Dead Space 3 after how good 2 was :/ not sure how they messed it up so much, it's like they took a bunch of good aspects from 2 and just changed them for the sake of it. Like the crafting your own weapons stuff just wasn't needed and the power node system work upgrades worked fine.

Singularity.

7/10

One from my steam backlog. Some interesting stuff going on in the game, and good for the pennies (probably) I picked it up for, but probably never play through again.

Splinter Cell blacklist - 8/10
Truly did surprise me and turned out to be great fun, loved the additional missions

Finished this yesterday and have to agree.
Found it difficult at first, especially some of the side missions. Took me 3 hours to finally complete one of them and then when I did, found it only took about then minutes to actually do it.:D
The only bit I could`nt seem to do all the time, was taking down the armoured terrorists from behind and this caused me to have to restart the mission again.
The weapons and upgrades were not that great. I settled for the SC 4000 assault rifle, as it was the most effective with a few selective upgrades, especially the armour piercing rounds.
But overall, it was enjoyable and I will most likely play again and see if I can get any of the master awards. :cool:

Two Worlds 1 Epic Edition

Was not to bad actually, it was a little short story wise the bulk of the game was side quests. Side quests were ok, nothing special mind. Horse riding was shocking but once you get the hang of it, it was doable.

5/10

Mafia II 6/10

Great story, has "it all" but somehow screws up the sandbox environment, feels shallow with rather poor AI which doesn't improve with difficulty level.

The Wolf Among Us

7/10 so far

Quite enjoyed it. Very impressive graphics. Gameplay as you'd expect from TellTale. If you're a fan of their games I'd advise a purchase, even if you have never played or read any of Fable.

My Steam time shows 3 hours, so it's fairly short.

Far Cry 3

Just as boring as Far Cry 2. Same repetitive rubbish. The original Far Cry is the only one worth bothering with.

4/10

Far Cry Blood Dragon

More of the same. Got fed up and uninstalled it.

2/10

Crysis 2 Maximum Edition

Not a bad game especially with Maldo's and Blackfires mods.

7/10

Cognition - An Erica Reed thriller
http://www.gog.com/game/cognition_an_erica_reed_thriller

Probably the most enjoyable graphic adventure i've played in a long while, (except the walking Dead but not sure that really counts) storyline right up my street, love Gabriel Knight etc and Jane Jensen acted as Story consultant. Puzzles were more challenging than say The Sam and Max seasons but not too difficult that you have to keep looking at a walk through, and not too linear at least for the first half of the game as you get multiple locations to travel to at once, which is missing from a lot of episodic adventures.

What really lets the game down is kinda what let Gray Matter down if anyone played that, just no animation in cut scenes (though the art work was good) and clunky animation in game plus a lot of bugs especially in the first episode (thankfully not so much after)

overall... 8/10

looking forward to Mobius and Gabriel Knight 1 remake which both have much bigger budgets.

wow games ive managed to finish lately in between bouts of The Secret World mmo

Cognition
The Cat Lady - indie game available on GOG
Resident Evil (original ps1 version)
The Walking Dead
Tomb Raider (2013)
Anchorhead (text adventure, freeware game from 98)

they're all indie games or old, except Tomb Raider! Why am i thinking of upgrading my gfx card again!?

Last edited:
Max Payne 3

Much better then i expected. Story sections felt ruined by the gauntlet style gameplay.

Send 25 enemies at you and survive seemed to be the motto.

Graphics where fantastic, much better then i expected.

7/10

Dead Island, normally don't like zombie games but I really enjoyed this, now restarted with same character so kept all weapons & level I was on & it's even better and finding higher power weapon enhancement scrolls

9/10

Back
Top Bottom