The last game you completed, and rating.

ne0

ne0

Associate
Star Wars: Jedi Survivor 7/10

Decent Star Wars game but it's a bit of a mess technically. Takes a lot of patience to set it up right and get it running well(ish). Frame gen mod is essential imo.

Also, I found the platforming aspect to be not very well done. It's not always obvious where you can and can't go and it feels kind of glitchy when you fall to your death. There are invisible walls and areas where there's no apparent reason why you can't climb up you just 'can't' which is lazy game design imo.

Also crashed quite a bit and the forced shader compilation every time you start the game coupled with the mandatory EA app start up despite running from Steam is just a bit much.

Last edited:
Caporegime
17th perfect game on Steam - 20 Minutes Till Dawn - 9/10

Another excellent bullet-hell game, some frustrating moments or it would have been 10/10. It keep me engrossed for 56 hours to get 100% completion.

Man of Honour
OP
Far Cry 6 - 7/10

Not great, not terrible. It had its moments. Story was a bit cringe at times, but then quite serious at others. Enjoyed it enough and reminded me how much I enjoy fps games on PC. Looking forward to the CoD games coming to gamepass.

Permabanned
Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart - 8.5/10

Just couldn't get into the story or characters, perhaps because it was my first R&C game. And there were serious performance issues with frame drops and crashes to desktop, so not the best port around - if this was sorted, its easily a 9/10 for me.

The graphics, environments, general pacing of the game and combat were top notch!
Ah that's a shame, R&C is so well written/cast, you just always feel right at home with it, whichever version you're playing, this was easily a 10/10 for me, and I don't play platformers, never been into Crash, did grow up playing Sonic/Mario, but everyone did and that was mainly what was available...
I find with R&C though, the minute I bother to get one, then start it, I smash it out in either 1 sitting or as close to.

Shame about the performance issues/crashes? Are you playing it on older hardware by any chance? I've got nothing special, a 4070/5700x and it was flawless at 4K DLSS with everything maxed with just Ray Tracing turned off - I could have it on, but it was just under 60fps, so chose to leave it off versus sacrifice graphic quality, as it looks stunning and is super fast paced/fluid gameplay/animation throughout, especially later on.

Until Dawn 7.5/10 3rd playthrough years later, love stitching up the annoying/snakey people once you've played it once, did the same with The Quarry recently, got some more of Super Massive Games' similar titles to play, hoping they're as good as these.

Last edited:
Soldato
Talos Principle 2 - 8.5/10. It was pretty good story wise and most of the puzzles were fun.

Got sick of it at the end though and had to finish the final part with a guide as it was so god-damned convoluted.

Associate
Assassin's Creed Syndicate - 7.5/10
A lot more refined than Unity which I recently played. I still had some weird glitches like one of the main mission targets being automatically assassinated as I just entered the area or horse carts thrown in the air for no reason. But felt that the game mechanics although similar to Unity were a lot more seamless and the combat felt more connected and flowing. Interesting side missions and historic characters nicely looped in. Liked the two protagonists as well, working in tandem. The historic storyline was interesting but as usual, the out of animus storyline has been in complete disarray since the Desmond period. The final boss fight was a bit odd with the pauses between switching but otherwise, I think I preferred this game a lot over Unity.

Associate
Probably my favourite one! Doesn’t outstay its welcome and it’s a great environment to explore.
Yes definitely. I think I finished the main story and some side quests in <25 hours. I think there is the added point of it being in London so can relate to some of the history and locations I suppose. Going to run some side missions now for fun. Also liked that they weaved a bit of the Kenway storyline into this.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've completed a few games recently:

Tomb Raider Underworld - 7/10
I enjoyed it's reduction in scope from Legend, with reduced human combat and more focus on exploring interesting worlds an doing climbing puzzles. The art style looks surprisingly good still. The story was a bit crazy by the mid point. It was let down by the camera being rubbish and often pointing in the wrong direction or getting 'stuck' in scenary. Lara's controls glitch out too, to the extent I downloaded a save just past one of the jumps that I knew lara could do (because it had done it before and a walkthrough showed it doing) but lara would not grab the ledge. Interestingly I think there are zero men in this game (outside nameless enemy goons)

Draugen - 7/10
Also 7 out of 10 but a very different 7/10. An indie murder mystery open world semi-walking simulator with the plot spoiled by it's own steam description (unreliable narrator). You (grown-ass American man) and a teenage girl are visiting a Norweigen village in 1923 because your sister has not checked in, but when you arrive the village is deserted. The main twist I could see coming from a mile off, and I haven't even seen 'that film' and it was obvious that the main plot thread was "not all that it seemed". But the dialogue was good and the game did not outstay its welcome at about 4h long, I was intrueged to see the twist that I knew was going to come and the background mystery in the village was interesting to watch unfold. I did notice that I was never lost or not sure where to go despite having no hud and flashing markers (most of the time). The limited soundtrack is good and the graphics looks nice, not that that is hard these days.

Associate
Mass Effect 1 Legendary

8.5 / 10

Graphics still hold up to this day. Compare the presidium area of the citadel to any of the cities in Starfield for instance and I would say Mass Effect looks better. Played it completely on the Steam Deck OLED and performance was excellent getting 90fps 99% of the time.

The main story is really interesting and the world building is great. So many interesting alien races to learn about.

Combat is not bad but not the strongest part of the game. I really liked the Mako tank which if I remember correctly was not enjoyed by most people back in the day. I wonder if they changed it for the legendary edition?

I thought most of the side quests were cookie cutter fetch quests. Stick to the main story I say.

Overall a very good game that you should definitely play if you haven't already.

Started Mass Effect 2 Legendary and can tell right away that it is probably better still.

Last edited:

D3K

D3K

Soldato
17th perfect game on Steam - 20 Minutes Till Dawn - 9/10

Another excellent bullet-hell game, some frustrating moments or it would have been 10/10. It keep me engrossed for 56 hours to get 100% completion.
Will be a short lived perfect - they keep adding new content and new achievements. I’ve got it back too perfect twice now, cba a third time. VS is the same.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
The Outer Wilds 8/10

Really amazing little game that intrigues you with its story and drives you forward to know more. Puzzles were all great and for the most part logical and progressive. Control system takes a little getting used to but is worth it. Scout launcher felt a little clunky to begin with but you find using it second nature.
Not quite as momentous as skillup claims, but a very well done indie title that deserves more credit than it’s had.

Last edited:
Associate
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty - 9.5/10

After 125 hours on Very Hard difficulty, I finished my Cyberpunk playthrough start to finish.

The game has come a long way since release which goes to show how much time it still needed in the oven but I've always loved the game for it's world, story and characters. Now, it finally feels complete.

Caporegime
Choo Choo Survivor - 9/10

18th perfect Steam game. Another bullet-hell/VS clone (not tired of them yet!) which is quite different to the others and quite enjoyable. Unfortunately, I could employ the same strategy and complete all the hard levels in exactly the same way. The RNG in this game does little to affect the outcome of your run. Quite short therefore at 10 hours for 100% completion.

Associate
Ah that's a shame, R&C is so well written/cast, you just always feel right at home with it, whichever version you're playing, this was easily a 10/10 for me, and I don't play platformers, never been into Crash, did grow up playing Sonic/Mario, but everyone did and that was mainly what was available...
I find with R&C though, the minute I bother to get one, then start it, I smash it out in either 1 sitting or as close to.

Shame about the performance issues/crashes? Are you playing it on older hardware by any chance? I've got nothing special, a 4070/5700x and it was flawless at 4K DLSS with everything maxed with just Ray Tracing turned off - I could have it on, but it was just under 60fps, so chose to leave it off versus sacrifice graphic quality, as it looks stunning and is super fast paced/fluid gameplay/animation throughout, especially later on.
I've got the same CPU but with a 3060 Ti, but I was @ 1080p only. 60 fps was maintained, but during some of the intense fights, the frame rate would drop (sometimes crash) and then pick back up. Not sure what was the reason. Still had a great time and would love to try a new one!

On the other hand, I just finished Spiderman and the performance was solid.

Back
Top Bottom