The Last Kingdom - new series for BBC based on Bernard Cornwell's Saxon stories

Soldato
Series 3 has definitely been confirmed now and will be Netflix only as the BBC has pulled out since it's blatantly allergic to making entertaining historical dramas that aren't authored by the Bronte Sisters or Jane Austen :rolleyes:

Should be released towards the end of the year and really looking forward to it as they got series 2 so much better than 1 :D

Soldato
:eek: it was appalling :p
It wasn't 100% novel-accurate, perhaps, but they were trying not to do the same tired old things all the other versions had - How often do you see Musketeers actually using Muskets... or a D'Artagnan that isn't an utterly annoying idiot?

In fact, the stereotypical D'Art isn't that different from the TV Uhtred, really...!

Caporegime
I watched this on Netflix over here and loved it. Didn't realise it was based on Bernard Cornwell's books.
I'm a huge Sharpe fan. I'll deffo have to acquire season 2 from somewhere of it's not on netfliN

Soldato
Get your Uhtred fix. Season 3 just went up on Netflix. Someone turned up the gore factor over the BBC production. Season 3 covers the two novels The Burning Land and Death of Kings.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom