The Last of Us (HBO, from Creator of Chernobyl) - No game spoilers please

bit of a slow episode but knowing what’s coming next has me excited.

interesting that they did Jackson from the beginning of the second game in the story from the first game!

bit of a slow episode but knowing what’s coming next has me excited.

interesting that they did Jackson from the beginning of the second game in the story from the first game!
It was in the first game...

Or do you mean it was more developed than it was originally in the game?

Last edited:
Watch Episode 6, and I'm done with the show..

3 months later BS, like were just ment to accept that a relationship developed off screen, because it definitely didn't happen on screen.

Joel has been completely deconstructed, he's now an incompetent broken man who has panic attacks, breaks down crying and an apologist. Pathetic from the writers.

The pro communist messaging is strong, everything shared, democratically elected BS.

Why was a 14 year girl given birth control??! Do these communists happen to be pedos?! Weird gift for 14 year old.

Oh, and more race swapping.. Least of the shows issues.. ffs

Maybe, thought they'd gone full Hollywood communist pedo utopia. :cry:

lol no and tbh i get the impression Joels statement towards it being communism was a show of ignorance the general US audiences have towards what communism is really about when its not led by a fascist leader, unfortunately thats just how they generally end up being but in a small commune its probably a good way of running the show. assuming they can keep the democratic approach to leadership in place! getting side tracked....

It was a moon cup, for periods...... :rolleyes:
I've never heard of this before, just googled it.

The Mooncup sits lower than a tampon and works by collecting the menstrual blood. The Mooncup is held in place by the vaginal muscles and can be emptied, rinsed and reinserted every four to eight hours.

Lovely, I'm so glad I'm male :cry:

Last edited:

3 months later BS, like were just ment to accept that a relationship developed off screen, because it definitely didn't happen on screen.

Joel has been completely deconstructed, he's now an incompetent broken man who has panic attacks, breaks down crying and an apologist. Pathetic from the writers.

The pro communist messaging is strong, everything shared, democratically elected BS.

Why was a 14 year girl given birth control??! Do these communists happen to be pedos?! Weird gift for 14 year old.

Birth control LOOOL

Last edited by a moderator:
I confess I had to ask my other half what it was because I didn’t see the instructions clearly :p

I thought it was a great episode. Excellent performances by Joel and Ellie, who still cracks me up with her bluntness.

Annoyed a few US outlets were spoiling it the minute it aired in the States, had to unfollow a few unrelated feeds (Rolling Stone magazine ffs?) on Facebook.

Last edited:
I've never heard of this before, just googled it.

The Mooncup sits lower than a tampon and works by collecting the menstrual blood. The Mooncup is held in place by the vaginal muscles and can be emptied, rinsed and reinserted every four to eight hours.

Lovely, I'm so glad I'm male :cry:

I'm having my breakfast FFS. 'Hold the black pudding love'.

All this is a you problem.

The game has these same jumps. They slightly altered when occur, for example, after Henry and Sam die, it jumps to 'Fall' in the game and this looks more like winter but it goes straight to the section where the come across the dam.

The anxiety might be a new way of showing the audience the impact that failing to protect Sarah and Tess is having on his mental health, but essentially he's growing close to Ellie now and being surrounded by the people on horseback makes him realise she could have been killed then and he wouldn't have been able to protect her, which is his job.

"Pro-communist"!?

All I got from that scene is Joel winding up Tommy, likely because Tommy might have been a republican.

Also Joel's description of left vs right didn't favour either one, he simply said one side wanted to own everything and one side didn't want to own anything.

Well done for your ignorance about moon cups. You would as bad as that person who confused the menopause with the "time of the month" in the Nicola Bulley thread.

Didn't even notice the race swap, literally had to Google it to realise that Tommy's wife was white in the game. That melanin issue sure seems strong with some people.

I thought this week’s episode was really strong - probably the best after Ep. 3.

Plot substantially driven forward (in the context of who they were intending to meet), both leads showing more sides to their character, a very tense ending… scenery was beautiful too. It really felt like they were alone in the wilderness at times.

Really good.

What was going on at the table? That scene didn't make any sense, are they trying to imply Joel is a racist now?

The dog scene didn't make much sense either, Ellie was infected but she's immune, also attack dogs aren't exactly friendly. Just another chance to make Joel incompetent and useless.

They changed a few scenes, the one at the end was handled poorly, Joel if I remember correctly fell onto glass in the game, also why did he pull out the knife? Seems like a quick way to go if you want to bleed out.

Lots of emotions this week. It was great to see Joel be vulnerable.

They've destroyed his character, it's what hollywood does to white men, Drunkmann probably "fixing" his mistakes in the first season. It's not enough that all the factions are lead by strong independent women which is about as realistic as communism working under these circumstances, they had to destroy Joel, he's a shell of the character he was the in game. They even gave his brothers partner a lost child because, Joel can't even have that.

Think it sums up modern tv shows and movies personally which is lazy writing, they've not focused on the important part of the actual TLOU storyline so they had to find some way to develop the relationship.
The drinker pointed this out in his ep 2 review I think it was, the Joel being portrayed in the show isn't Joel from the 1st game, it's the Joel from the 2nd game.
Communism good, what do you mean? :cry:
Yes it was weird.
Its been done to death on here with other tv shows and movies, but yes. Tiresome

Back
Top Bottom