The Last of Us Part II

Soldato
Replaying this on Grounded+ on my Samsung ks8000 after only having a cheap non hdr tv for the first play through and I’m enjoying so much more 2nd time around. The story seems so much better 2nd time around as you can see all of the little details in the facial
Expressions that I was oblivious to first play through e.g. when Abby meets Joel and her crew realise it’s him etc. HDR is stunning too as is the combat (much better once you’ve already got the upgrades). 10/10 atm.

This is exactly what I've been doing. My first play through was on my old PC monitor, now it's on the 48CX and the HDR on that is epic. Fighting your way through the darkness and emerging into the sun is blinding when I play on a night time! :)

Associate
I must admit I don't get these games. What is the gameplay mechanic, it's a movie basically, that pauses now and again, you have to fumble around for the play button by wandering around tapping?

Associate
Just finished this (up in the MM if interested).

I thought it was very, very good, if not far too long.

I much preferred playing as Abby (her tee-shot not withstanding). She had a decent character arc and the final fight I didn't want to do, thankfully Ellie had a little growth too. Ellie on the whole, I didn't much like.

8/10 I reckon :)

Soldato
Just finished it and for me it's a solid 7/10. The reason being it wasn't as good as hoped is I'm naturally compelled to compare it to the first, which at the time was a 10/10 for me. This iteration seemed a lot of shock and gore for the sake of it. The story is good, but again not as good as the first and I found both Ellie and Abby pretty annoying at points. The gameplay is what it is, it's a movie game, I'm not going to get precious over how controlled the flow is in that respect and the fact I can't jump all over the map.

Overall, enjoyed it, probably expected too much. Might play them both again back to back in future, for nostalgia at least.

Soldato
Looking forward to plaything this as i've just managed to bag a copy for £11.64 delivered.

Got a -£10 off a £20+ spend voucher on eBay, this was buy it now for £21.64. Will be arriving next week Monday/Tuesday.

V F

V F

Soldato
Been getting back into this again. I left it in June and got passed the tunnels part with all the red flares. Quite intense that it felt like the Hotel at parts in the first game. Was this the equivalent of that scene or something else?

Thank god I still have one molly left.

Associate
Finished this on survivor+ last week and wow what a great game. 10/10 from me. Definitely one of the best games of the gen which is realised more on the 2nd play through.

Soldato
Not yet no. Some haptic feedback has been added i noticed when I played this morning. I don't know if we'll get an upgrade when the MP launches or a remaster which we'll have to buy again. I fear the latter.
I believe I read somewhere that they don't want to upgrade. So remaster seems likely. Grubs

Associate
Had a shocker at the Golden Joysticks tonight, as voted by the public ;)

GOTY
PS4 GOTY
Best Studio
Best Audio
Best Storytelling
Best Visual Design

Nice! The experience playing this was like nothing else for me - really conflicting emotions, and it's stayed with me weeks later. I know there's a lot of debate on the story, decisions by certain characters etc, but props to ND for going all in, and these are well deserved IMO.

V F

V F

Soldato
Nice! The experience playing this was like nothing else for me - really conflicting emotions, and it's stayed with me weeks later. I know there's a lot of debate on the story, decisions by certain characters etc, but props to ND for going all in, and these are well deserved IMO.

It's so nice and dark and grungy to the world. I'm currently at the first section of all the dog encounters.

Back
Top Bottom