The Last Of Us

Most fun playing this on Grounded. Doesn't feel a great deal of difference versus hard bar listen mode but the headphones really help with this. Reminds me of Uncharted 2 on Crushing/Brutal. No button prompts and limited ammo.

The resources don't feel all that different to hard? Feels about the same amount of empty drawers.

Loved the boatyard/containers section. Reminded me of the Uncharted 3 scrapyard. Loved the music for this section as well. The police search was also fun, throwing bricks and didn't have to run. Though unreal how its like the Uncharted Collection on brutal with 4 bullets. :D

Tonight, going into downtown for the bottom of the building to face the lovely clickers in that square area. I was surprised how quick you could sneak up on the humans from everything I've read.

Have you done Grounded? Quite a few areas I had forgotten and partially remembered in some scenes. I remember the capitol building being a pain on hard. Found an easy path on grounded a few nights ago and snuck out the front door. Obviously not looking up guides to see how far I can go.

I'm dreading the hotel with 3 floors of thugs? Some had shotguns.
The bus area with all the runners before the gym. There were a lot. I cannot remember a great deal of that part except they came out everywhere.

The fridge was another and pushing the small truck.

The sawmill with the bloater in winter was infuriating on hard since they came all around you. Let alone what I had read last year about grounded and the bloaters. One sack if it clips you, you'll likely die in such a tight area while everyone else tries to grab you.
The build up to david's scene out in the blizzard to the fight with him.
Then the very end with all the fireflies? The floor was full of them in many areas.

Cannot remember what else might be quite brutal... I'd actually say I'm fearing the fireflies the most at the moment when there are more than 10 - 15.

Last edited:
:D

I had fun running about with runners and a clicker downtown. Some of these runner animations are disturbingly creepy.

I'll stick some clips up later. Though they are long since everything had to be so slow.

Oh, thats where I ran about and pulverising them all. I'll say one thing, that building has the creepiest sounds I've heard. You hear every crack, crunch, groan and chirp. The sound work on this game is really something.

I don't recall this area being particularly difficult, took me a couple of tries on my first playthrough (which was on hard) but it was quite unsettling:p I think I did it differently than in the video.

You owe it to yourself to finish this game, don't give up:D

EDIT: You don't have to do everything in this section stealthily. Try to eliminate as many runners as you can first (the quieter, the better) and then kill the clickers with a couple of headshots. Run around so that they don't catch you.

Intense surroundings. I'll need to try another way to save my molotov's in Grounded Plus. Should have done it the first time. I'll do it after Grounded.

I don't recall this area being particularly difficult, took me a couple of tries on my first playthrough (which was on hard) but it was quite unsettling:p I think I did it differently than in the video.

You owe it to yourself to finish this game, don't give up:D

EDIT: You don't have to do everything in this section stealthily. Try to eliminate as many runners as you can first (the quieter, the better) and then kill the clickers with a couple of headshots. Run around so that they don't catch you.

I have about 2 bullets in my gun :(

I have about 2 bullets in my gun :(

I suppose you've been a bit too trigger-happy:p
You can get to this section without really shooting much, it's more fun and ammo is hard to come by on higher difficulty levels so it's best to keep it for emergencies.

Considering you started the game four years ago, maybe you should restart on a lower difficulty level just to experience the world, story etc.? It would be a real waste to let it go IMO and you're not really far into it.

I think the game truly starts to shine on hard and upwards but not everyone has to think the same. It's better to finish it on easy than to not experience it all.

I suppose you've been a bit too trigger-happy:p
You can get to this section without really shooting much, it's more fun and ammo is hard to come by on higher difficulty levels so it's best to keep it for emergencies.

Considering you started the game four years ago, maybe you should restart on a lower difficulty level just to experience the world, story etc.? It would be a real waste to let it go IMO and you're not really far into it.

I think the game truly starts to shine on hard and upwards but not everyone has to think the same. It's better to finish it on easy than to not experience it all.

You're right, I'm going to start it again, I just got the wife a PS4 too so think she's going to do it a similar time as she was well into the story when I was playing it.

I rarely even used guns, only when I had to, mostly the shotgun and the rifle. Was more partial to the bow:D I used handguns occasionaly but really had to aim carefully (mostly on the last two enemies in a section, just for fun).

Back
Top Bottom