The Last Of Us

Haha you'll be a wreck by the end. No other game has affected me as much with with its ending. Not even close. My main criticism of TLoU is that is raises the bar by so much when it comes to narrative in video games that everything else that relies on story seems like cheesy pulp fiction in comparison!

Totally agreed.

Life is Strange and the remaster of this are the two highlights of this generation for me, nothing else has stood out and these two were awesome.

I, personally, would shoe horn Uncharted 4 (Naughty Dog, 2016) in with those. I think Uncharted 4 is an absolute masterpiece in adventure gaming, absolute excellence. I think that two of those games being from Naughty Dog is no coincidence either.

Also; if we are counting re-masters :p, Grand Theft Auto V (RockStar, 2014).

God damnit. It is Uncharted again in waves as they keep coming. In some factory in winter. This feels more intense than the damn hotel.

Sunk another 5 hours into it last night, now at the point...

Where I've just killed David with Ellie, and now we're back in Spring heading for the hospital

I hope I'm not near the end, I want it to keep going!!

Finally completed the game last night (along with Left Behind) at the 3rd attempt. I originally started the game on PS3 and got as far as meeting up with Bill before getting bored for some reason. Attempt 2 was 2 years ago on PS4 when I stopped towards the end of the Downtown area.

This time, after getting a Pro and with the hype of the Part II reveal, I was determined to play through the whole thing.

What a game! Naughty Dog are the masters at story telling, characterisation and animation - their characters are so believable. This is one of very few games that after completing it, I've immediately started a new game from the beginning. Can't wait for Part II now.

Finally completed the game last night (along with Left Behind) at the 3rd attempt. I originally started the game on PS3 and got as far as meeting up with Bill before getting bored for some reason. Attempt 2 was 2 years ago on PS4 when I stopped towards the end of the Downtown area.

This time, after getting a Pro and with the hype of the Part II reveal, I was determined to play through the whole thing.

What a game! Naughty Dog are the masters at story telling, characterisation and animation - their characters are so believable. This is one of very few games that after completing it, I've immediately started a new game from the beginning. Can't wait for Part II now.

Agreed for me this is probably the best 3rd person story driven game that has been made. ND are for me one of the main reasons people buy a sony console!

Running through it again on a higher difficulty? I had finished in Spring last night. Doing a few hours at a time.

Finished it last night along with the Left Behind DLC

Incredible game, easily my game of the decade. Was kind of gutted when it ended as the storytelling was so good I just wanted more and more. Will definitely play through again before 2 comes out

Still can't get over how good it looked for a remaster, building the next one from the ground up on this gen...quite frightening to think what they may achieve

Still can't get over how good it looked for a remaster, building the next one from the ground up on this gen...quite frightening to think what they may achieve

Yes, super exciting! I'm torn between wanting more of the same and more open world. It could be genuinely terrified getting lost in a city of clickers.

Wow! You got bored with TLOU?

I didn't think that was humanly possible.

Damn, the bus area was crazy fun more so with the bow. So much fun luring the clickers at the same time not triggering the sounds of the water. Sadly at times getting further and further I can never tell the difference between the stalkers and runners from a distance that I always keep the light off just incase.

Ugh! What kind of ending was that? Let alone the damn soldiers hardly die with headshots, god damnit Naughty Dog!

Cannot believe I went through all that. /cries

Survivor+ or Grounded+ after Hard while chasing all conversations, items, artefacts and collectables?

So stupid.

The disappearance of the HUD display also means that you can’t see how much ammo you have left on your screen. You can still press left and right on the D-Pad to change your weapons and that’ll let you know your total ammo count for a particular weapon. However, you won’t be able to tell how many bullets are left on your current clip. This forces you to mentally keep track of how many bullets you’ve got left in your revolver so you know when to reload. This can be a problem especially when you’re caught up in the heat of an intense firefight. Nothing’s worse than hearing your gun click empty when a horde of infected are heading your way.

Should be animations to look in the gun chambers/magazines.

Damn!
The second change in Grounded difficulty is the behavioral pattern of the enemy AIs. More specifically, I mean the behavioral pattern of those damn clickers. Even on survivor difficulty, I had absolutely no problem when it came to fighting clickers. The trick was just to move extremely slowly and they wouldn’t notice even if you shuffled right past them. Well, I’m sorry to say that the clickers have become much more of a threat now.

Even if you move really slowly around them, the clickers will sometimes be able to pick up on the sounds of your slight movements, especially when they’re clicking. They may not notice you right away but if you arouse their suspicion, they’ll start heading in your direction to see what’s up. Basically, clickers have heightened sensitivity now. To quote Tess: “If you hear one clicking, you gotta hide. That’s how they spot you.”

Last edited:
Who said I hated it? I certainly did not. I was expecting some incredible ending... It felt like the feeling seeing The Fellowship of the Ring for the first time and wanting more at the same time gutted to wait a year or so.

Back
Top Bottom