The Left Handed Build

Associate
OP
Nice beasty build! :D
Are you going to overclock it as far as it will go?

Thank you :)

Have had a play @ oveclocking.
It could go more but I just don't have the time to play :mad:
Put this into the GPU section

Untitled2.jpg

http://3dmark.com/3dm11/3836736

validation.jpg

CPU 5125Mhz
RAM 2333 Mhz 9-11-10-28
GPU (1) +185 / +540 slot 1 @ 16x
GPU (2) +130 / +480 slot 1 @ 8x
GPU (3) +170 / +550 slot 1 @ 16x

I am currently top of the three GPU list

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18428457&highlight=username_piggin

one of the best watercooling builds here ! keep it up, hopefully you will overclock an awful lot !

Just love the way three 680's look under water, so minimal.

Very nice build and the plumbing to notch.

Very happy how the three 680's look & how the pipework turned out :)

Associate
OP
I have this link fitted.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=WC-198-EK&groupid=962&catid=1529&subcat=2267

You have to fit EK blocks on your GPU's to make these work & these to the blocks.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=WC-190-EK&groupid=962&catid=1529&subcat=2267

You will also have to ensure the spacing is correct for the blocks on your motherboard.
The RIVE need a tipple spacing link (even if you only have two cards fitted)
This ensures the cards sit in the 16x slots

Associate
I thought the issue with the EK reservoir leaking was going to be easily rectified when EK offered to send me a new replacement acrylic tube.

Then to my dismay, I found the tubes to be the wrong length

On closer inspection I found the new tube to be 20mm longer than the original.
I once again contact EK & found they don’t manufacture the ‘advanced’ tubes anymore only the ‘basic’.
At this time, I am in contact with EK & the supplier to try & get the correct replacement parts but I am not holding out much hope.

Hi Piggin. Long time no posting from me... Finally been catching up on what you have been up to - a lot it turns out... Photos of the inside look great. What does the outside look like now? [Which page of postings are they on??]

I can see that you have your system working now (I bet Mrs P is rejoicing and has a long list of things to keep you busy!), but how did the saga of the split res end? Did EK manage to find an advanced one eventually?

Caporegime
Did you get the res sorted out mate? :)

Fantastic looking rig, very jealous! :D

I've kept an eye on this thread ever since I first found it (which was probably just after I joined) :p

Associate
OP
Just seen this build log awesome ! :)

Thank you

Did you get the res sorted out mate? :)

Fantastic looking rig, very jealous! :D

I've kept an eye on this thread ever since I first found it (which was probably just after I joined) :p

lol, this build has gone on for a very long time :rolleyes:

As for the res :mad:
EK are the biggest bunch of **** I have ever had the miss fortune to deal with.
They are exceptionally unhelpful when you have an issue & I would strongly urge anyone to stay away from their products.
They could not get me a direct replacement tube for the x2 advance res’s & the tube they sent was longer than I could fit into the case.
I attempted to machine the tube so it would be shorter but that turned into another disaster.
I finally glued the tube onto the threads so it would not leak :(

Associate
OP
I hadn't realised it was quite so long since we last heard from Mr P, so I just hope that all is well in the Piggin household, and that another updated will be posted soon! :)
We are all doing well thank you Montala & I should have something soon :)

Hi Piggin. Long time no posting from me... Finally been catching up on what you have been up to - a lot it turns out... Photos of the inside look great. What does the outside look like now? [Which page of postings are they on??]

I can see that you have your system working now (I bet Mrs P is rejoicing and has a long list of things to keep you busy!), but how did the saga of the split res end? Did EK manage to find an advanced one eventually?

Hi John, I has been a very long time since our last chat
Still alive a kicking (just) after my spinal operation
Mrs P is still keeping me on my toes & I have now dropped down the pecking order in the house as we now have a new house guest.

As for an update, I just realised, I have not posted the finished images :(
I will have to put a few words together & post the images :)

As for Mrs P, she now has the dining room table back but there are now dog toys throughout the downstairs of the house (can’t walk anywhere without standing on something that squeaks) lol.

Hope you & your good lady are keeping well

Back
Top Bottom