US: The Leftovers

v0n

v0n

Soldato
Yeah, I pointed it out in forum bugs thread earlier on - the swear filter is just crazy aggressive - Philip K. ****, **** Van Dyke, etc. They got all angry that I tell them how to moderate family forum. It's not about that - nazi filters are just so detrimental to people (those famous and not) who carry these family names with pride.

Soldato
Caught up with Ep. 4. It's heating up! :)
Want to know more about the physics of the contraption. Here's hoping it's not some glorified cremation device!

Associate
Hmmm; Not sure I'm digging the change in pace, location and/or format. Hoping they can spin in around in the final 5 episodes.

There's only 3 episodes left. They've got most of the main characters in one place now so I think it will conclude in Australia. Shame we haven't had much Margaret Qualley this seaon

Soldato
There's only 3 episodes left. They've got most of the main characters in one place now so I think it will conclude in Australia. Shame we haven't had much Margaret Qualley this seaon
Aye no Miss Qualley is boo. Absolute classisc scene from season 1. between Aimee and Jill "let's play ping-pong." "Let's stop pretending to be OK, because no-on is OK ... "

Soldato
Just caught up and what a ride season 3 is, the cast are knocking them out of the park, amazing acting.

Just finished episode 6 and my god was it dark, utterly brilliant but brutally dark - I hope we haven't seen the last of Nora or Laurie though :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Do not click on this if you haven't seen the episode, I know it's in spoiler tags but I felt it was worth reiterating!

Did he just nuke the 2%?

I don't think so, because there were people there who just died and who weren't part of the disappearance. Although with this show, who the hell knows anything? :D

Soldato
Do not click on this if you haven't seen the episode, I know it's in spoiler tags but I felt it was worth reiterating!

Did he just nuke the 2%?
I do not believe so; all the people in the other place are people who actually died/are dying. Nuking the entire planet into obliteration was to ensure that no-one and Kevin could ever return to that other place (Purgatory?). Although I have no idea why Evie thought her experiences were the opposite to what happened in Kevin's reality.

The departed went elsewhere. I think we need to prepare ourselves to never knowing what happened to the 2%! UNLESS the nuking in the other place interacts somewhere with the traces of radiation left by the departed theorised by the physicists.

I do not believe so; all the people in the other place are people who actually died/are dying. Nuking the entire planet into obliteration was to ensure that no-one and Kevin could ever return to that other place (Purgatory?). Although I have no idea why Evie thought her experiences were the opposite to what happened in Kevin's reality.

The departed went elsewhere. I think we need to prepare ourselves to never knowing what happened to the 2%! UNLESS the nuking in the other place interacts somewhere with the traces of radiation left by the departed theorised by the physicists.

Ah fair point, I hadn't made the link to the radiation. Which raises the question - have we been watching a contiguous timeline in the weekly events? i.e the scenes that clearly weren't flashbacks.

I think the next episode "The Book of Nora" will go some way to explain what happened to the 2%, from the teaser it looks like Nora goes through to the "other side". Question is, will Kevin go with her or at least see her before she goes.

Back
Top Bottom