US: The Leftovers

Soldato
wow, how have I not heard about this before now!

Binged watched both seasons over the past couple of weeks

Major spoiler (maybe), my theory

It's obvious they are all dead. The departed are actually the ones still alive. It's the people in the show which have died. Makes sense. The vicars wife is in a coma in the real world. When she dies in the hospital, she wakes up in miracle. Explains the baby in s01e01, the mother died at the wheel of the car whereas the baby survived. If not, then it's pure sci-fi as nobody can get shot through the heart then start walking around the town.

Soldato

It's obvious they are all dead. The departed are actually the ones still alive. It's the people in the show which have died. Makes sense. The vicars wife is in a coma in the real world. When she dies in the hospital, she wakes up in miracle. Explains the baby in s01e01, the mother died at the wheel of the car whereas the baby survived. If not, then it's pure sci-fi as nobody can get shot through the heart then start walking around the town.

It's been considered but I don't think that's where they'll go with it.

Besides, when Kevin drank the poison and ended up in the dream world, where was he?

If they're dead then they're in purgatory right? The dream world is a second purgatory?

According to IMDB this starts in August!

Associate

My take is everyone that's gone disappeared because they were unwanted or unloved. Hence your 'guilty remnants' and everyone being so screwed up, simply because they all know deep down it was they that caused it. What 'it' was we'll never know and for the series is kind of irrelevant.

Great series and season 2 ended so perfectly I almost wanted it to stop there. Just hope they've got an equally good idea where to take season 3 to match it.

Back
Top Bottom