The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (Prime)

Caporegime
making an entire episode around the fact said actor is having struggles with being an IT or a THEY, just doesn't do it for me.

Why not? Why should non binary people not have representation in media? it's like saying you're fine with gay characters but they shouldn't show any kissing or anything, leave that for the straight people.

Caporegime
Why not? Why should non binary people not have representation in media? it's like saying you're fine with gay characters but they shouldn't show any kissing or anything, leave that for the straight people.

hah you're not one of those are you! - Twist it around to fit your agenda! :cry:

ps Make sure to read it again ;)

Caporegime

So every single TV series and film needs to account for every possible form of representation?

I wonder why Ian McKellen didn't request that he play a gay Gandalf.

Soldato
So I guess my interest has been piqued and so been reading up some more on this. "Young Galadriel"? She and Elrond are thousands of years of years old and timeless but I guess immortality doesn't fit the "yoof" agenda so have to reinvent her as a cool young chick. Its bonkers. Wheres Celeborn? Written out of it or diminished to the point of irrelevence apparently.

“If you need to fundamentally change something to like it, you’re not a fan”. Hit the nail right on the head there.

Caporegime
So every single TV series and film needs to account for every possible form of representation?

I wonder why Ian McKellen didn't request that he play a gay Gandalf.

Every single? No, there are projects that only have a small number of actors that obviously can't but any show that has a cast of a certain size should have variation in both casting and character writing. Making entire casts white and straight is ******* ridiculous and should stay in the last century where it belongs.

Caporegime
Every single? No, there are projects that only have a small number of actors that obviously can't but any show that has a cast of a certain size should have variation in both casting and character writing. Making entire casts white and straight is ******* ridiculous and should stay in the last century where it belongs.

Who here is asking for the entire cast to be white and straight? You appear to be conflating two different issues.

Caporegime
Plenty of people in this thread have thrown a wobbly at the mention of a single black hobbit, you don't seem to be reading it.

No, plenty of people haven't. As I thought, you're seeing what you want to see and are conflating different issues.

Point out a poster who wants an entirely white and straight cast, then we can talk.

Caporegime
No, plenty of people haven't. As I thought, you're seeing what you want to see and are conflating different issues.

Point out a poster who wants an entirely white and straight cast, then we can talk.

Dude it's in this very thread. I can't read it for you :D If you want to pull the wool over your eyes and claim people are fine with black characters or anything other than heterosexual relationships then you do you.

Caporegime
Dude it's in this very thread. I can't read it for you :D If you want to pull the wool over your eyes and claim people are fine with black characters or anything other than heterosexual relationships then you do you.

Again, as I thought, you're unable to do it. If you're going to accuse "plenty of people" of it then it should be very easy for you to point out.

Edit: I've literally gone through the thread again and there are 1 or 2 posters who've mentioned the race of the hobbit in addition to other characteristics of the actor. It certainly doesn't read like they only want a straight white cast in all of the films and shows they watch. That's some extrapolation.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Again, as I thought, you're unable to do it. If you're going to accuse "plenty of people" of it then it should be very easy for you to point out.

Edit: I've literally gone through the thread again and there are 1 or 2 posters who've mentioned the race of the hobbit in addition to other characteristics of the actor. It certainly doesn't read like they only want a straight white cast in all of the films and shows they watch. That's some extrapolation.

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...-of-power-prime.18946072/page-4#post-35389372

You didn't look very hard did you. And that is ignoring the bunch of posts that were deleted on page 3.

Caporegime
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...-of-power-prime.18946072/page-4#post-35389372

You didn't look very hard did you. And that is ignoring the bunch of posts that were deleted on page 3.

I obviously did as those are the only ones I came across in the post you've quoted. So tell me then, how have you come to the conclusion from those two posts that they only want a straight white cast? That's the bone I picked with you, not whether they disagree on the casting of a single character.

It's not exactly "plenty of people" either, talk about over-exaggerating.

Caporegime
I obviously did as those are the only ones I came across in the post you've quoted. So tell me then, how have you come to the conclusion from those two posts that they only want a straight white cast? That's the bone I picked with you, not whether they disagree on the casting of a single character.

Yes I regularly point out the race of actors when I talk about them, that's totally not a racist thing to do. Love me that white Christopher Lee. Blimey how have you got to 2022 and still been clueless on racism.

Caporegime
And there we have it. If they are being racist then report the posts, I'm sure they'll be deleted along with the others on that page if so.

I see you still swerved the question though.

Caporegime
And there we have it. If they are being racist then report the posts, I'm sure they'll be deleted along with the others on that page if so.

I see you still swerved the question though.

I answered the question, you said nobody had a problem with black or non hetero people in the show and I gave you an example.

Back
Top Bottom