The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (Prime)

Caporegime

Just in case you haven't seen this one, he's clearly never watched LOTR in his life, and has no idea about the Lore or anything else Tolkien related, but he's diverse and "effeminate" , so that's all that matters...

And people wonder why fans think it's going to be a complete disaster...

:D

So much cringe.

SO. MUCH. CRINGE.

Tolkein must be spinning in his grave while these brain dead zoomers trample on his legacy.

Caporegime
Admittedly I last posted in this thread thinking this was a lot of hoohah over nothing, but boy was I wrong. This superfans stuff is more gross than Matt Hancock telling the world how he fell in love with Gina Coladangelo, in his trying to look cool and slick jumper.

Soldato
I'm sure it will be a roaring success just like WoT and their "most watched show ever" - even though absolutely no one was talking about it..

:cry:

Yep that made absolutely no impact whatsoever. Now Amazon are trying a similair formula with the World's largest Fantasy IP by totally ignoring the fan base, and in this case actively seeking to **** them off.

Soldato
The thing is, with a strong script full of rich and detailed characters who all act in a believable way there'd be very few complaints about black elves and female beardless dwarfs but by this point in History we know that we're not going to get a strong script, we know we're going to get some terribly written tripe and that, if we complain about it, the legitimate complaints about poor quality will be over-written by the cries of "You're an -ist and -phobe" etc from the media whilst the shows viewing figures, which I'm 100% sure will be high to start with, very quickly crumbles in the weeks afterwards.

Then the same plague of cultural locusts will move onto another franchise and repeat the same things time and time again.

Soldato
The thing is, with a strong script full of rich and detailed characters who all act in a believable way there'd be very few complaints about black elves and female beardless dwarfs but by this point in History we know that we're not going to get a strong script, we know we're going to get some terribly written tripe and that, if we complain about it, the legitimate complaints about poor quality will be over-written by the cries of "You're an -ist and -phobe" etc from the media whilst the shows viewing figures, which I'm 100% sure will be high to start with, very quickly crumbles in the weeks afterwards.

Then the same plague of cultural locusts will move onto another franchise and repeat the same things time and time again.

100%.

Soldato
The more I read and the more videos I watch, I am considering not watching this at all. I have been a lotr nerd since I was 15 and I just don't want It spoiled by some weak ass terribly written crap when the movies were incredible.

I read the books, then watched the movies and have read the books twice over since then, I feel like it may ruin lotr for me even though previous holds such great memories.

Soldato
The more I read and the more videos I watch, I am considering not watching this at all. I have been a lotr nerd since I was 15 and I just don't want It spoiled by some weak ass terribly written crap when the movies were incredible.

I read the books, then watched the movies and have read the books twice over since then, I feel like it may ruin lotr for me even though previous holds such great memories.
100% I picked up the Alan Lee illustration box set and I'm dieing to get my teeth into it. I'm having to fend off my daughters told them to stick to the paperbacks lol

I even enjoyed the Hobbit films but The Power of the Rings just seems like a soulless shell.

It's not LOTRs end of discussion. They just bought the rights to stick the title on the cover.

Soldato
Ugh oo.

HBO set a date for their House of Dragons and its in direct competition with this pap shoot lol

There's zero buzz for HOD as far as I can see, when they screwed the final two series of GOT they really hurt the IP, it doesn't help when fans know GRRM will never fiinish the books.

Soldato
Ugh oo.

HBO set a date for their House of Dragons and its in direct competition with this pap shoot lol

Doesn't matter how great the alternative is, its been tainted by the final 2 seasons of that which went before.
We don't trust them at all now, they ruined something that was mighty fine, and terribly a group on this forum could likely have managed better.

Have amazon finished shooting, or is there time to fix?

Soldato
I just don't want It [LOTR] spoiled by some weak ass terribly written crap when the movies were incredible.

There's zero buzz for HOD as far as I can see, when they screwed the final two series of GOT they really hurt the IP.

Yeap, it's a massive shame that these two "franchises" which started out so strongly have both ended up in such dire straights and both for what looks like the same reason.

Soldato
Have amazon finished shooting, or is there time to fix?
Done and dusted, S2 shooting begins soon..
Has there ever been a good prequel show or movie? HOD and LOTR are just a waste of time.
Better Call Saul
X-Men 1st class
Revenge of the sith was actually pretty good, it could have just been better ( its head and shoulders above 7/8/9)
There's quite a few more

Back
Top Bottom