The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (Prime)

fez

fez

Caporegime
Jackson and his team were professionals these lot look like amateurs. All the sets and costumes look like they belong on a film set and not in a living breathing world - if that makes sense.

This has been something thats been picked at in a number of these fantasy series. Basically it comes down to experience. Proper set designed and costume makers know how to make things like as they should. Weather worn, dirty and used. When everything looks too clean and pristine it ruins it. It looks like a film set rather than a living breathing world. HBO apparently have a lot of people who know their **** which is why things like GoT looks so believable most of the time.

Personally I think this looks a bit crap but I love LotR so I will give it a go. The waddling dwarves look ridiculous and they seem to have gone for the Hobbit aesthetic for the Dwarves in general which looks bad. Don't have much hope for it.

Soldato
This has been something thats been picked at in a number of these fantasy series. Basically it comes down to experience. Proper set designed and costume makers know how to make things like as they should. Weather worn, dirty and used. When everything looks too clean and pristine it ruins it. It looks like a film set rather than a living breathing world. HBO apparently have a lot of people who know their **** which is why things like GoT looks so believable most of the time.

Personally I think this looks a bit crap but I love LotR so I will give it a go. The waddling dwarves look ridiculous and they seem to have gone for the Hobbit aesthetic for the Dwarves in general which looks bad. Don't have much hope for it.

At least they haven’t done a Witcher and just used midgets :D

Man of Honour

Although there is a bit of an art form to it - decent weathering/wear isn't that difficult if you already have this level of prop design ability - worse comes to worse watch a few Adam Savage videos - even an idiot could do a fair job off the basis of what he demonstrates.

EDIT: Takes a little more thought to pull off some of the little touches where appropriate which gives something a bit of history, etc. which can take it to a master level but that isn't necessarily required to do a passable job.

Soldato
sy70Ijv.jpg

Soldato
Ugh, this shot could be any fantasy series ever made. So generic. The armour looks crap, nothing I have seen of this show so far makes me think it's set in Middle Earth.

Soldato
Exactly, the got book series has a ton of t&a, hbo just followed the source material until it ran out (and turned to ****). There's nothing explicit in Tolkien's world.

Yeah, it's a totally different in tone. They'd have done a far better job because they're actually good at making quality TV.

Soldato
I did...and?

You think we should really care that a man born in 1892 and long dead, wanted his characters skin tones to be?

You clearly didn't though.

Yes I do, I think his World should be presented as he intended it to be, what is strange about that? why does it matter when he was born? or whether he is alive or dead? Who are you or amazon to decide how someone else's work should be presented?

Permabanned
You clearly didn't though.

Yes I do, I think his World should be presented as he intended it to be, what is strange about that? why does it matter when he was born? or whether he is alive or dead? Who are you or amazon to decide how someone else's work should be presented?

Because it doesn't matter a jot what Token wrote , you would complain about woke anyway. :cry:

Back
Top Bottom