The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (Prime)

So far, all we have to go on is what they have released to the public and it has not been well received. I might give it a watch, I'm not a huge fan of LOTR and know little of it's lore. I will be less upset if they deviate from it than some people but I will be able to tell if it is rubbish or overly woke and rubbish. I will of course give it a whirl and make up my mind if I will continue to watch it, like most people I guess.

Man of Honour
Won't lie I had to laugh at a couple of commentators who linked the female dwarves and Gillette hah.

I'll give it a chance but from everything I've seen so far and takes from those behind the scenes I don't have high hopes.

Soldato
Or you could just wait a month and watch it and then make an informed decision as to whether it's any good (in your opinion) or not.

There's absolutely no-one preventing you from doing that, so why the need to prevent others from speculating?

I always find this particular line of argument hilarious.

Soldato
I fail to see how that's 'hilarious'. It seems much more of a common sense approach than trying to state a fact about a show you've only seen a trailer for. As I said earlier in this thread, the show might well be a pile of dung, but pre-judging something you haven't seen (or maybe you work for the network and have seen the entire series ... who knows) is about as pointless as a broken pencil.

Soldato
This is pretty much a safe bet that's its going to be dung.

Inexperienced show runners from bad robot.(not sure I need to state anything else)

Bad mouthing Tolkien stating that his work is out of date and needs a modern take.

Attacking Tolkien fans.

Trailers and sneaks peaks that look pretty but doesn't really tell you what the story is going to be about.

Sacking and replacing cast members, advisors and reshooting scenes.

Yeah I don't have high hopes

fez

fez

Caporegime
Bad mouthing Tolkien stating that his work is out of date and needs a modern take.

Attacking Tolkien fans.

This is just how these things work. Attack the old fans. Suggest they only have issue with the show due to racism, transphobia, strong women etc so that the usual suspects rally around them and basically accuse anyone who doesn't like it as being the dregs of society. Its been happening for a few years now.

I will certainly give this a watch but I have little faith they will do a good job. Almost anything that has a huge amount of money behind it now and is mainstream before launch will be cookie cutter rubbish with the usual agendas.

I would love to be wrong about it but I have seen far too many IPs that I love completely **** on from a great height in recent years. Luckily there are still loads of good shows that, shock shock horror, deal with all the same issues as the woke crap and yet manage to avoid all the pitfalls by simply telling a good story and making a good show that doesn't focus on its woke credentials.

Thats the future that I think most people want. One where the strong female character who weighs 100lbs doesn't have to belittle all the men and throw them around like dolls to be seen as powerful. One where we don't have to awkwardly fit non-binary characters into the show and make a bit show and tell about it. Where political or social points can be made with a shred of subtlety and intelligence.

Soldato
I fail to see how that's 'hilarious'. It seems much more of a common sense approach than trying to state a fact about a show you've only seen a trailer for. As I said earlier in this thread, the show might well be a pile of dung, but pre-judging something you haven't seen (or maybe you work for the network and have seen the entire series ... who knows) is about as pointless as a broken pencil.

Then you go ahead and wait and see and don't speculate, if that's what you want to do whey are you in this thread before the shows has even started?

Why do you want to stop other people speculating and discussing it beofre it airs?

So, yeah it is pretty hilarious that you're moaning about people doing something that doesn't affect you and you're not interested in...

Permabanned
Recent interviews with the cast were pure cringe, the black lady kept going on about how she was the first female dwarf on TV.. Shes not even the first female dwarf on screen in The Lord of Rings.. A few of them admitted they're activists, constant droning on about diversity..

This show is going to be hilarious, for all the wrong reasons.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Said it before and will say it again...

Much better fantasy than LOTR. It`s highly overrated and while Tolkien can be created for creating a Genre or more accurately putting together folk tales from centuries before him, the story`s are bloody boring.

Soldato
Then you go ahead and wait and see and don't speculate, if that's what you want to do whey are you in this thread before the shows has even started?

Why do you want to stop other people speculating and discussing it beofre it airs?

So, yeah it is pretty hilarious that you're moaning about people doing something that doesn't affect you and you're not interested in...
I looked at the thread because I like Tolkien's work and I enjoyed the films, even The Hobbit, so actually it did interest me. All most of you seem to be doing with Amazon's version however (with apologies to those that don't fit the group) is pre-judging something and slating the entire series having only seen a two minute trailer and reading a few blogs from other people who have only seen a two minute trailer. That's what's actually hysterical.

And for the record, I haven't speculated on the show at all, just voiced my opinion about people who won't wait to see a show before they rubbish it completely. This is the internet however, and there's millions of trolls with nothing better to do, so I'll leave you to it.

Soldato
I looked at the thread because I like Tolkien's work and I enjoyed the films, even The Hobbit, so actually it did interest me. All most of you seem to be doing with Amazon's version however (with apologies to those that don't fit the group) is pre-judging something and slating the entire series having only seen a two minute trailer and reading a few blogs from other people who have only seen a two minute trailer. That's what's actually hysterical.

And for the record, I haven't speculated on the show at all, just voiced my opinion about people who won't wait to see a show before they rubbish it completely. This is the internet however, and there's millions of trolls with nothing better to do, so I'll leave you to it.

We're judging what we have seen, and are entitled to do so, and you are entitled to do whatever you like. Why are you on a forum trying to stop discussion, and censor people? That seems really odd to me...isn't that want forums are for?

And you're factually inaccurate as people have not just speculated on one 2 minute trailer we have been speculating on every little piece of info, photo, interview, trailer there has been, and also of course amazon's failed woke propaganda campaign...including the laughable "influencer" show, the planted media articles insuating as usual that if you don't shut up and consume you're an 'ist or a 'phobe and need to be "educated" by superior moral beings...

So really, we're better educated than you on the subject as we've seen and read much more than one 2 min trailer contains.

Again, I always find it so incredibly weird when people who do not wish to speculate, get so upset when other people do and try and stop them...

Soldato
Just been laughing at the clip showing "Galadriel" slowly turning round trying to look like a badass warrior princess, she doesn't have it at all, she doesn't convince as a warrior or even look anything like an elf! :D

She looks like a primary school teacher doing a cosplay.

How can they get this so wrong? They had a perfect representation of an older Galadriel to work from, and we get this? I mean to not even look like an elf?

:cry:

Man of Honour
When you start to read some of the stuff elsewhere where people really rip into the discrepancies like how much they've misinterpreted the character of Elrond and why it just makes this Amazon effort look more and more pathetic.

Soldato
When you start to read some of the stuff elsewhere where people really rip into the discrepancies like how much they've misinterpreted the character of Elrond and why it just makes this Amazon effort look more and more pathetic.

Sideline Elrond, and forefront and misrepresent fake Galadriel because everything has to be fem driven.

Soldato
The Jet-Li inspired Galadriel looks amazing, really true to the spirit of Tolkien.

:cry:

It looks like they thought how the action was handled in The Hobbit trilogy was the way to go.

Back
Top Bottom