The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (Prime)

Permabanned
The casting is awful, with the huge budget they could have had almost anyone.... Nope, we'll take the these weedy looking unknowns based on political believes with barely any previous experience. I mean come on, Elrond's actor would be better placed playing a creepy Peter Pan.

Most of them wouldn't look out of place at an Antifa protest.

Soldato
The casting is awful, with the huge budget they could have had almost anyone.... Nope, we'll take the these weedy looking unknowns based on political believes with barely any previous experience. I mean come on, Elrond's actor would be better placed playing a creepy Peter Pan.

Most of them wouldn't look out of place at an Antifa protest.

Yeah, all that money spent and not one credible actor or actress in it. Morfydd Clark has no screen presence at all, which is really disturbing as you know the entire show will run through her. Everything is Galadriel. The showrunners were hired because they're pliable and will make the the show the higher-ups want. They have no business running a 1BN show of a one of the World's greatest IP's, they have no resume whatsover. None, they may as well have hired someone off the street.

The men are there to be beta's, to be incompetent, or evil or to be put in their place by the Mary-Sue's - if you'll notice, there's a Mary-Sue for every race in their (not) ME. The POC elf will probably cast in a good light no doubt.

The cast look terrible, the costumes are generic at best, they've obviously just thrown the Lore onto the fire, because they don't like Tolkien who needs "fixing" thru a "modern lens" and we also need to be "educated" by these superior moral beings.

Soldato
Could have had Peter Jackson on board, guess they didn't think much of their own scripts

Probably wanted him to sign-off on it, without having any input - they were just loking for approval IMO.

V F

V F

Soldato
Probably wanted him to sign-off on it, without having any input - they were just loking for approval IMO.

Considering that was a man who made billions from it all. I guess Peter doesn't know much according to them, right? After all, didn't New World flop?

Soldato
Considering that was a man who made billions from it all. I guess Peter doesn't know much according to them, right? After all, didn't New World flop?

I don't trust a word amazon have said about this show from day 1, and the creative decisions they have taken have been abysmal.

Permabanned
Oh dear, 1.8 Million downvotes.

At least they've left comments enabled, they're hilarious.

Screenshot-2022-08-09-094857v.jpg

Permabanned
Soldato
I love how much people read into the Peter Jackson thing, from what has been said it was more to do with rights/legalities more than anything.

I'm fully reserving judgement, I loved the original movies, despite them being very different in many aspects, sans Faramir which was an awful change. So I'll watch these with an open mind, and hope that they do a good job. The Galadriel clip shown the other day was good, if the dialog is that level then it should be very good.

Back
Top Bottom