The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (Prime)

Caporegime
Don't think HoD is having much of an impact either tbh neither show is grabbing folks attention and breaking though on social media (tiktoks and the like) so to speak - unless you count bad memes/highlights of how terrible xyz is.

I think both are a bit average. Rings of Power edges it for me at the moment, because it isn't just solely a boring and dry maternal/family drama in a castle.

Caporegime
Don't think HoD is having much of an impact either tbh neither show is grabbing folks attention and breaking though on social media (tiktoks and the like) so to speak - unless you count bad memes/highlights of how terrible xyz is.
A lot of people will be watching it that have no interest in leaving reviews, so we'll never know their opinions, and the ones that only care about Tiktok and memes, mainly kids and retards, don't have the attention span to watch anything longer than 30 seconds anyway.

Soldato
A lot of people will be watching it that have no interest in leaving reviews, so we'll never know their opinions, and the ones that only care about Tiktok and memes, mainly kids and retards, don't have the attention span to watch anything longer than 30 seconds anyway.
TikTok/YouTube shorts etc is more about the cultural impact than whether a TV show is watchable, if a TV show was popular then they would be churning out all sort of crap to chase the money that comes with views.

Associate
It's pretty good, you'll notice the difference in writing and acting immediately. Night and day. It's just going through a time-jump where characters are aged and the actors changed in some cases, this has proven to be too discombobulating for some ninnies, but it's been handled pretty well IMO. But, it needs to gain momentum again after the reset in EP6.

It's a good 7 out of 10 and I'm pretty mean with my scores, you'll be surprised to hear!

:D

The writing in HoD has been terrible recently. It started off well, but has fell off in the recent episodes. They have also made some silly changes to the books, which doesn't make sense. Still an over all decent show, but its decline has been sharp.

Last edited:
Soldato
It also doesn't need rely on graphic sex scenes and constant bad language to make it 'cool'.

No, it just relies on people taking no notice of the "plot", dialogue, and garbage tier action scenes etc, but instead beeing happy to taken in by some very superficial if "pretty" CGI. The settings they have created have very little depth and believability as a vast lived-in World.

Nothing like Jackson's World at all in fact.

Soldato
The writing in HoD has been terrible recently. It started off well, but has fell off in the recent episodes. They have also made some silly changes to the books, which doesn't make sense. Still an over all decent show, but its decline has been sharp.

I diasgree, it has to reset itself after the time-jump, and is still light years ahead of RoP, having not read GRR Martin beyond ASOIAF Game of Thrones (I stopped early on when it became clear he would never finish the series) the book changes don't really affect me.

Associate
Made me chuckle....

Better episode then what we have seen before it this series so far - will see what the last 2 bring. Sort of seems like HOT and ROP have swapped around this week, up until this episode thought HOT had been ahead.

Caporegime
RoP doesn't even get close to competence. Because HoD isn't The Sopranos doesn't put them in the same bracket.

Meh, i think they are both about as average as each other at the moment, but i'm enjoying the spectacle and visuals of Rings of Power much more as there is not much meat on the bones to either story/script.

Caporegime
Not watched any of this yet.
But such is the disappointment of house of the dragon.. I'm thinking of picking this up ahead of time.

Without spoilers.. Is it any good?

I'm not really bothered about some of the hardcore fan criticism FYI

Last edited:
Caporegime
Not watched any of this yet.
But such is the disappointment of house of the dragon.. I'm thinking of picking this up ahead of time.

I'm not really bothered about some of the hardcore fan criticism FYI
You'll get a few people telling you it's awful and a few saying it's good.

Watch it and make your own mind up and ignore what anyone else tells you.

Soldato
it's passable. there are some good elements but quite a lot of 'hmmm' moments.

edit: should have also said, i'd say it's worth a look to see what you think yourself. it's not absolutely awful as some would have you believe, neither is it awesome.

Last edited:
Caporegime
You'll get a few people telling you it's awful and a few saying it's good.

Watch it and make your own mind up and ignore what anyone else tells you.

I've mainly picked up on hardcore "how/why did you change that" as criticism. Which does not bother me.

Just want a well told visually impressive fantasy

Back
Top Bottom