The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (Prime)

Soldato
A good way to end the series killing off all the unlikeable characters :D

So that's all The Harfoots, Galadriel, The CW ensemble, Miriel and Karl Marx, (virtually everyone on Numenor tbh what an epic fail that has been), Bronwyn (yawn), and we can do with a replacement for Dimrond - maybe they could run some like Scooby Doo plot in S2 where he's unveiled as an imposter and real Elrond has been tied to a tree somewhere.

Caporegime
So when does everyone get their rings?
Well, this is the problem. The timeline is all over the place so by some of the events that have happened the elves should have theirs by now and quite possibly the dwarves and men. Except they haven't been forged yet as Eregion hasn't even got its forge and Mount Doom has only just been created even though we're seemingly at the end of the 2nd age and it erupted in the 1st.

Caporegime
Before the attack on the place that doesn't exist yet.

Yes I know it doesn't exist yet, I am referring to when it erupts before Saurons armies attack it, in Lord of the Rings.

It is written that it was re-awakened and the implication is therefore that it has erupted before.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Morgoth created it during the first age, though there is no mention of an eruption then (I think)

If it did though, I don't know why you are assuming it didn't or couldn't have erupted at any point between those times though?

This is what Rings of Power does - fills in the blanks with made up story. It's up to you whether you like that story or not.

Why can't they just stick to the established timeline though ? Are they incapable of intelligent writing that explains there's a gap of time between events ?

I think its been discussed before, the timeline is massive.
Not a problem with Elves but with men they would have to keep changing the actors.
Its hard enough finding a handful of actors that people think can act, imagine if each episode needed half a new cast.

Caporegime
Wow episode 6 something actually happened. A lot happening.

It's the first time I felt anything from watching and it only took the execution of a few townsfolk in the captured tavern. That was absolutely grim and brutal. Lol.

As for everyone coming in the nick of time etc etc. Whatever it's lotr, it's still clunky as hell.

As for the timeline, I don't know it so meh.
Everyone is technically 100% dead now in that superheated pyroclastic flow so ....

Episode 7

Icey Gandalf will save the black Irish gypsies

Last edited:
Caporegime
It needs it as no one is watching ;)

Meanwhile, in the real World.

"According to Nielsen, for the week of August 29th to September 4th (the first two episodes of Rings were released on September 1st) The Rings of Power was watched over 1.253 billion minutes by subscribers, making it the top piece of content on all of streaming in the United States."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom