The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (Prime)

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
Meanwhile, in the real World.

"According to Nielsen, for the week of August 29th to September 4th (the first two episodes of Rings were released on September 1st) The Rings of Power was watched over 1.253 billion minutes by subscribers, making it the top piece of content on all of streaming in the United States."
Brilliant now do the viewership numbers for episodes 3, 4, 5 and 6.. I'll give you a hint on the direction that it went

1662929784151-png.432948

Soldato
It
Excellent episode 6, hope it can maintain this momentum.

IGN agrees and gave it a 10/10.

That’s ridiculous, it was a good episode and enjoyable but full of flaws, IGN’s 10/10 is just misleading and wrong.

Soldato
So we are comparing streaming numbers from a premium streaming service and a freebee hacked onto a shipping service from one of the world's largest retailers.

House of dragon increased for episode 2 before the dip.

Anyone got linear numbers for HOD?

Last edited:
Soldato
That's actually completely normal.

People tune in to watch a premier and a percentage of those people, usually 25% (ish) don't bother watching subsequent episodes.
That sort of drop is to be expected when you have a weekly gap between ep 1 and ep 2 but not when they drop 2 episodes the same day, a 30% drop off is huge when all folks have to do is just let 10 odd seconds of the credits roll to watch the second episode.

Caporegime
Me and my wife watched the premier and didn't get around to episode 2 until nearly a week later.

Life gets in the way sometimes.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Me and my wife watched the premier and didn't get around to episode 2 until nearly a week later.

Life gets in the way sometimes.

Just make sure you don't neglect your Dwarf friends or they will get right pissy about it. :p

Caporegime
I saw that nerd ben shapiro is reviewing the series, I'd imagine most of you would agree with him

"According to Nielsen, for the week of August 29th to September 4th (the first two episodes of Rings were released on September 1st) The Rings of Power was watched over 1.253 billion minutes by subscribers, making it the top piece of content on all of streaming in the United States."

does anyone really trust these numbers? like twitter has bots to inflate it's value I'm sure every streaming service does too.

you know about chinese mobile phone bot farms? they are propular with spotify etc apparently

I wonder how many are watching streaming services etc or atleast the trailers for the shows on youtube to try and inflate interest

Last edited:
Soldato
does anyone really trust these numbers? like twitter has bots to inflate it's value I'm sure every streaming service does too.

I wonder how many are watching streaming services etc or atleast the trailers for the shows on youtube to try and inflate interest
streaming services (Netflix/Amazon) are very strange in that they don't report amount of folks watching and just go by total minutes (generally), Although Amzon did break tradition and say RoP eps 1 and 2 were watched by 25 million globally. If for example Netflix drop an entire series in one go then they are looking for people binge watching and not spreading out the viewership of a period of a few weeks.

The closest I could find for an actual number of households watching was the samba tv thing above which had 1.8 million US households watch the 1st episode of RoP, with 1.3 watching the 2nd, as a comparison there's a Forbes article that states 2.6m US households watched the 1st ep of HoD - in the 1st week of release.

These streaming platforms need actual views from paying subscribers, not fake ones.

Why would you think they are faking the numbers. How does that benefit Amazon Prime?
Personally, I would have thought new subscribers being driven to Prime to watch RoP would be the actual factor in any success seeing as unlike HBO and HoD for example they don't sell the rights to watch it outside the US.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think Amazon saying very little about their numbers since EP 1 and 2 is very telling. In addition to this, they have bought content shills, bought reviews, and deleted the reviews from users which they did not like.

Are HBO doing any of this woth HoD?

Nope.

Has RoP made any real impact outside of the built-in fanbase? I don't think so, it's not a show "everyone is talking about" that's for sure.

Soldato
I think Amazon saying very little about their numbers since EP 1 and 2 is very telling. In addition to this, they have bought content shills, bought reviews, and deleted the reviews from users which they did not like.

Are HBO doing any of this woth HoD?

Nope.

Has RoP made any real impact outside of the built-in fanbase? I don't think so, it's not a show "everyone is talking about" that's for sure.
I actually need to get around to watching HOD.

Still a little fragile from GOT hah

4 million just from the UK opening episode on sky.

Soldato
Don't think HoD is having much of an impact either tbh neither show is grabbing folks attention and breaking though on social media (tiktoks and the like) so to speak - unless you count bad memes/highlights of how terrible xyz is.

Soldato
What Newspaper does Jeff own?

They faked a headline then changed it a few hours later to drum up interest.

"Rings of Power break all streaming records"

Then changed to breaks Amazon streaming records hah

Soldato
I actually need to get around to watching HOD.

Still a little fragile from GOT hah

4 million just from the UK opening episode on sky.

It's pretty good, you'll notice the difference in writing and acting immediately. Night and day. It's just going through a time-jump where characters are aged and the actors changed in some cases, this has proven to be too discombobulating for some ninnies, but it's been handled pretty well IMO. But, it needs to gain momentum again after the reset in EP6.

It's a good 7 out of 10 and I'm pretty mean with my scores, you'll be surprised to hear!

:D

Soldato
Don't think HoD is having much of an impact either tbh neither show is grabbing folks attention and breaking though on social media (tiktoks and the like) so to speak - unless you count bad memes/highlights of how terrible xyz is.

In agree, that's not a billion dollar show though. This is also has a lot to do with the disastrous end to GoT, all those who were new to ASOIAF have been lost I feel. Along with their tatoos and daughters named Danaerys.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom